Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WI Max and BOI

Options
  • 04-10-2012 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

Any BOI customer here knows that they are changing the laser cards and replacing them with visa debit cards. I received mine 2 months ago and have been using it since.

Last month i got a call from wi max saying they had an issue with my card, i pay by DD and they took my new details and took the money out of the account then.

I received my Wi Max bill today and have a WI Max failed pay charge including vat of 10.16 euro, i rang them up and they said they that this charge came from BOI as they couldnt get money out.

I feel like changing my internet provider.

Anyone else have similar problems

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

BOI aren't the most helpful of banks
    and this is how they make easy money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

How is your internet service provider supposed to know you have new card/account details without you informing them?

BOI cannot update your providers billing/account details (data protection reasons). That is up to you.

BOI have all their fees and charges set out in their "fees-and-charges" brochure.

Don't get me wrong - I think it's ridciulous as well, but it's not really BOI's fault.

What company is Wi Max btw??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Ok firstly you do not have a direct debit with WiMax, you have a scheduled payment from the debit card. This is an important distinction to be made. A direct debit is linked to the account number direct and a change in card would not affect this what so ever.

Your payment method is linked to the card so if the card changed and WiMax werent informed of the change by you then when they tried to charge against it using the laser details it failed and you incurred an admin charge of €10.16 which is outlined in the terms of the account you have with WiMax.

This is no fault of BOI here. They have not charged you any penalty, WiMax have.

Advertisement