Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anybody else getting excited about Arthur's Day?!

Options
  • 25-09-2012 7:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

No? Anyone??

Thought not.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

MrCreosote wrote: »
    No? Anyone??

Thought not.

yea for me the excitement is almost on a Par with the up coming budget.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Arnold? Who's Arnold!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Nope, but looking forward to christmas :-)

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

it has really established itself, counting down the days now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Ah, a day where we celebrate drinking and go out and have a few pints!

I for one, am very glad that being Irish, I actually have a day that comes once a year where it's normal to go drinking at 10 in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

About as excited if it were Lidl Day or Tesco Day. Shameless self-serving corporate advertising.

They should call it what it actually is: Diageo Day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Arthur's Day. When students, scumbags and alcoholics come together in a glorious display of black vomit and blood.

Fúck Arthur's Day. We don't need another Paddies Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

Not really looking forward to it.....but thursday is the night i tend to go to the pub so ill prob have one in his honour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

MrCreosote wrote: »
    No? Anyone??

Thought not.

Since when did we as a nation need an excuse for a piss up.It's Arthur's day everyday in Ireland sure ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

To Martha !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭McBauer

Always a good night. I for one am looking forward it! Although I think one pint of the black stuff will be more than enough for me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I'd rather have arthritis day. People could put their money towards finding a cure for a crippling disease rather than making a stereotype of a country come true

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I am! I'll be greeting everyone with " 'ave you seen it!? Eh!? Eh!? 'ave you seen it!? Where's me washboard!? Eh!? Eh!?" and a cheeky snicker!

'ow queer!! Eh, he, he, he!! Ah've seen ya wrappin' presents when it's nobody's birthday! Eh!? I say, Ah've seen ya wrappin' presents when it's nobody's birthday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I think the whole thing is stupid.
    It's a massive marketing stunt trying to turn some bloke into a hero.
    It stereotypes the Irish yet again, we already had a national holiday where we drink to excess, now we're developing a whole new "day" purely based on drink and nothing else.

The sad thing is that the marketing is allowed to go ahead. It's repulsive, embarrassing and bad for our reputation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Couldn't care less. I like Guinness but think it's ridiculous. I've never partaken in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

No interest in it, complete commercialsm. Well done diagio, very successful on their behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Heroditas

bbam wrote: »
    I think the whole thing is stupid.
    It's a massive marketing stunt trying to turn some bloke into a hero.
    It stereotypes the Irish yet again, we already had a national holiday where we drink to excess, now we're developing a whole new "day" purely based on drink and nothing else.

The sad thing is that the marketing is allowed to go ahead. It's repulsive, embarrassing and bad for our reputation.

It's a disgrace and the only reason they get away with it is because the admission money from the tickets to the gigs goes to charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭SmilingLurker

I am. Nothing to do with Guinness, I am off on holidays Thursday. When I get there I might have a cold larger....

PS I love Guinness, it just hates me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

No and never did.
    Load of ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Hoping too. I've missed the last three due to parental commitments so looking forward to celebrating the existence of the world's finest alcoholic beverage. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

About as excited if it were Lidl Day or Tesco Day. Shameless self-serving corporate advertising.

They should call it what it actually is: Diageo Day.

They should actually call it D*ckhead Day because anyone who falls for such corporate propaganda....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

No, im waiting til they establish a Scrumpy Jack day or Dutch Gold day. It'd be a great way of rounding up most of the alcoholics, skobies and bums and shooting them all. A complete drain on society.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

MJ23 wrote: »
    No, im waiting til they establish a Scrumpy Jack day or Dutch Gold day. It'd be a great way of rounding up most of the alcoholics, skobies and bums and shooting them all. A complete drain on society.

Dutch Gold day for me is whenever I get me dole (and every day after that).
    But I'm not a cheap scumbag like others on the dole.
    I go for the good stuff. I go for Druids cider.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Event junkies around Ireland rubbing their hands about this. Going through town after work you’ll see them queuing to get into exclusive bars like….err…Hogans on Georges St. The same places you could walk into normally any other day. Women dolled up to the nines who wont touch any Guinness all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

Not really looking forward to it.....but thursday is the night i tend to go to the pub so ill prob have one in his honour

i hope you're joking

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Yeah can't wait. Few gigs, some pints, be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭Archeron

I have my Guinness tree up already.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Ah, a day where we celebrate drinking and go out and have a few pints!

I for one, am very glad that being Irish, I actually have a day that comes once a year where it's normal to go drinking at 10 in the morning.

That's most Saturdays tbh

Arthur's Day is not for me but to those of ye who enjoy it I hope the weather picks up for ye.

It's cost me my Thursday night football tho cos half the lads who play now have to work :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Yeah, I'm really excited about the world's best laxative getting another ridiculous publicity boost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Zebra3 wrote: »
    They should actually call it D*ckhead Day because anyone who falls for such corporate propaganda....
    I presume you don't purchase any brand name products ever?

I am going to go out for a few pints because there are free gigs on and town will be good craic.

Advertisement