Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii U Pre-Launch Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No sensor bar in the box.

http://kotaku.com/5942880/the-wii-u-does-not-come-with-a-sensor-bar

The assumption is that Wii users will be buying the Wii U, so they can just swap it over. A bit cheeky IMO. I can see a lot of disappointed kids on Christmas morning... Plus it means you'll have to buy a sensor bar if you want to get rid of your Wii (or if you want to trade it against the Wii U).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Also, apparently there won't be a choice of black or white...

The basic bundle is white, the premium one is black.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

There's me down for the premium then :pac:

Wonder what'll be possible with two gamepads....if it could display Netflix on one and a Virtual Console title on the other (nothing on TV), might be able to get my sister to fork out for the second...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Excellent. We get Nintendoland bundled with the premium pack as well as 500 points to get us started on the shop. (Not currency then)

Nov 30th release.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Excellent. We get Nintendoland bundled with the premium pack as well as 500 points to get us started on the shop. (Not currency then)

Nov 30th release.

Any price announced for Europe?

• Advertisement

$299.99 and $349.99 in the States.

I'm guessing €279.99 and €329.99 here?

Any price announced for Europe?

Not yet, but as someone said previously, they're not allowed to announce a price. Was the same with 3DS.

States prices are $300 for basic and $350 for premium.
    Mario U, ZombiU, Mass Effect 3:Special Edition and FIFA 13 are launch titles

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

So is there a softmod out for the WiiU yet?

:pac:

Wonder if we'll get the TVii functionality they're showing in the American conference. I doubt it unfortunately.

Bayonetta 2 exclusive to Wii U?!?!?!

I'm going by a live blog and that's what they're saying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Mr E wrote: »

I can see that coming over as €299.99 and €349.99 :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'm fairly certain that those US prices are before tax, they have to give the basic unit cost and then each state adds their tax to it.
    Open to correction though.
    ZombiU

Day one for me so.
    Love what I've seen of that game so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I read on another threat that the sensor bar is included in the Premium pack in Europe.

I must stop looking at all the WiiU coverage. It will make me want to get one. Having NSMBU as a launch title makes it all the more appealing.

According to the American conference Activision have a few launch(window?) titles including Wipeout 3, Black Ops 2, Skylander Giants, 007 Legends and Transformers Prime the game.

Was the 500 points thing not in referral to the Nintendo Network Premium thing? (basically you get around 10% back on eShop purchases to use towards a future purchase - when you hit at least 500 points/whatever)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

My wallet breathed a sigh of relief after watching that conference, nothing appealed to me that can't be played elsewhere. If I was a lot younger I would love that lego police game though

Was the 500 points thing not in referral to the Nintendo Network Premium thing? (basically you get around 10% back on eShop purchases to use towards a future purchase - when you hit at least 500 points/whatever)

Maybe. I wasn't sure from reading it.

Must wacht the video when I get home anyway to see game footage they have.

As usual, Nintendo is being frustratingly coy regarding price, insisting that it's up to local retailers to decide how much to charge. First into the fray was Amazon, asking for just £199 for the basic model, while ShopTo.net has jumped in with a £279.85 price tag for the premium bundle. Expect other retailers to fit their prices in between those - we'll bring you an update when more prices go live.

The full launch day software line up consists of: New Super Mario Bros U, Rayman Legends, ZombiU, FIFA 13 and Mass Effect 3. Downloadable games available at launch are an exclusive version of Trine 2, Toki Tori 2 and trippy twin-stick shooter Nano Assault Neo.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-13-wii-u-launches-in-europe-on-november-30th

5 launch games is miserable. I think the Wii had more.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

oh god i want 4 of the launch titles :mad: New Super Mario Bros U, Rayman Legends, ZombiU and maybe fifa 13

how much is this thing gonna end up costing me??? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

5 launch games is miserable. I think the Wii had more.

Should make for good multiplayer for a while. Online for the wii, if not a mario game, is abismal.

Not forgetting Nintendoland is bundled with Premium, which looks the best value anyway

Too bad I have Trine 2 on PS3. Excellent game

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nothing there to tempt me at all.

New New Super Mario Bros. U Trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQHa4qindfE

Day one for me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

**** me, they have got Bayonetta 2 as an exclusive...impressed by something at last.

New New Super Mario Bros. U Trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQHa4qindfE

Day one for me. :)

Impressed! Some actual innovation there..... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Helix wrote: »
    ill bet my left bollock on november 18th now, after narrowing it down a bit

BAM!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Helix wrote: »
    BAM!

Two weeks before us, ya bastid! :p

Gamestation in Redditch has Tweeted: "Basic edition £210 Premium edition £250. Preorder in store NOW £20 deposit!"

Hope this means 250/300 in Irish stores and not 300/350 (as listed on some french sites...gulp :eek:)

How are non-gaming stores like Tesco/Argos usually for console launches? (such as 3DS?)
    Probably gonna end up cheaper there and you'd end up burned by Gamestop/HMV...Think i'll stick down a deposit for now anyway in Gamestop, and see what sort of bundles everywhere offers closer to launch.
    Ah decisions :pac:

edit:
    Tesco Entertainment have gone with
    - £249 Nintendo Wii U - White - Basic Pack
    - £299 Nintendo Wii U - Black - Premium pack includes Nintendo land
    - £329 Nintendo Wii U - Black - Premium Pack includes Zombie U
    :(

edit2: 225 pounds to ireland for the basic on Amazon UK...more along the right lines! :P
    and, 264 pounds for premium:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Booooo...

Not yhat big a deal, all things considered, but still Boooooo!

Defo getting premium, why cant i have it in white?

Advertisement