Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Irish Eve Online (fan run) Fanfest [Idea/Proposal and Poll]

Options
  • 29-08-2012 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hello all
    My Eve name is the same as my boards name (Ans Blix), I am a student up here in Galway and a member of a Hackerspace called 091 Labs and I would like to run an event. Basically the idea is that you bring your rig and set up in our new space (which will be secured) and Fleet up and muck about. Pizza and tuck shop will be available and if we can get a few PS3's get some DUST 514 matches playing bythe wayside.

Fleet objectives will depend on numbers we have on the day and its composition.

If there’s interest, we can lock up the Labs and include a taxi and club entry or split the group with those wishing to stay and play and those wishing to club.

I will be contacting several corporations and local business for sponsorship, support and possibly prizes including HP, DELL and CCP!

Keep upto date HERE

The poll here is to gauge interest in numbers and what month to plan the event for. Tickets for the event will be as cost price rounded up (included/excluding taxis and all that)

We can't set up a sleeping area so sleeping bags will not be allowed but we won't kick you out for sleep at your bench ;) If you want a hostel or hotel we can make arrangements for you.

What month would you like the Irish Eve Online Fleet Night to be on?? 5 votes

December
    0%
    January
    20%
    castie 1 vote
    March
    0%
    April
    20%
    Ans Blix 1 vote
    Another time... Summer maybe?
    60%
    azezilSeasonEcocrexis 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ans Blix

April
    Thanks to those who voted!

Looks like April is gaining ground, despite possible clashes with Fanfest '13 (?!) which i hope to attend this year

To Clarify, as people have asked me via PM, this will be a BYOB event, and doesn't have to be limited to 2days/1night. With interest and support i have no problems extending it over 3 days/2 nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I am unfortunately ruled out of this with no transport other than public and also having kids. Good luck to the event organisers and I'll make this the welcome message on the in game channel also.

Would it be possible for any peeps to join the eve activities remotely?

April
    R0ot wrote: »
    I am unfortunately ruled out of this with no transport other than public and also having kids. Good luck to the event organisers and I'll make this the welcome message on the in game channel also.

Would it be possible for any peeps to join the eve activities remotely?

Very possible, but the preferance would be to have it as a meet up. I'll keep the idea in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Like with R0o0o0o0o0ot, just not viable for me to get to galway, however I'll join in for a bit if it can be done remotely

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Komsomolitz

Great idea, though i've no interest in this kinda lan party idea personally. Might pop out for a pint or two if it was in Dublin otherwise I wish you luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Commencal

I'm the same as R0ot and Dohnny Jepp, wouldn't be able to make it to Galway but would love to be able to join remotely.

April
    Guys, this event is being designed around the idea of a "Fanfest", getting together, playing eve and boozing.

Galway is a really nice spot to visit for a few days. It has some great sights, is tourist friendly and amazing night life. Add that to the fact that everything is in walking distance (or for those things that aren't, a regular, cheap and effecient bus transportation system)

There is a very good reason why Galway is an attractive location. The same reasons why the Galway Races, Galway Ironman 70.3 and Volvo Ocean Races have come here. Not to mention the great colleges and universaties in the area that bring a viberant student population during the year.

Its not expensive to travel here nor is it inconvienient. With enough people and a little effort it can be well worth your while.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Their may be more people able to get together in Dublin ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Cost isn't a factor here (for myself anyway). Galway is a great city. It's carting my rig, even if I only take the one monitor, there and back on public transport.

Do you guys have any rental PCs or anything to that degree in your place of business, I know this would definitely make me have a better think about it.

Again this is a GREAT idea and I do hope it gets the numbers it deserves but you can see the numbers favour Dublin in terms of this forum anyway - ref http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055601336

This is the breakdown of people (that have posted on this forum), highlighting for representation of less than an hour journey to Dublin from any of these locations using public transport.*

Kildare - 3
    Clare - 1
    Galway - 9
    Dublin - 15
    Tipperary - 1
    Limerick - 1
    Meath - 3
    Cork - 4
    Wicklow - 5
    Waterford - 2
    Carlow - 1
    WestMeath - 3
    Louth - 2
    Donegal - 2
    Sligo - 1
    Wexford - 1
    Dundalk - 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Dundalk and louth less than an hour from dublin too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement