Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Factions Server 1.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Botulism wrote: »
    A peaceful faction has PVP disabled in it's territory.

Maybe you have misunderstood me.

I am talking about the non neutral factions, If I want to just chill and build for a few hours without the risk of dying then I should be able to without having to leave my faction and join another. Or If I just want to hang our with the other players on the server without fearing they try and kill me I also should be able to.

This has nothing to do with the current neutrals, Nothing will change other than that within a certain distance from spawn everyone is considered a neutral.

How is this a bad thing? Some people will not be in the mood for pvp, Or will want a taste of what it is like so they will venture out into the wilderness or return to spawn, It creates options rather than barriers and allows for a more fluid experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

Kenno90 wrote: »
    That wouldn't be very useful considering you'd only get one shot

exactly, preventing people from spamming it

I am talking about the non neutral factions, If I want to just chill and build for a few hours without the risk of dying then I should be able to without having to leave my faction and join another. Or If I just want to hang our with the other players on the server without fearing they try and kill me I also should be able to.

This has nothing to do with the current neutrals, Nothing will change other than that within a certain distance from spawn everyone is considered a neutral.

How is this a bad thing? Some people will not be in the mood for pvp, Or will want a taste of what it is like so they will venture out into the wilderness or return to spawn, It creates options rather than barriers and allows for a more fluid experience.

Don't understand the issue. Don't make a new faction, just pop-off to the neutral zone and build and hang out with others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

I was referring to the people who were saying neutral factions need to be removed completely from the game, your idea is fine in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tiptopgolfy

Rather than just arguing did it ever occur to anyone to suggest that one of the mods goes to play on another faction server?

They can then see how that server runs the show and maybe add features they like to this server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

I just built a new pc yesterday, I got an SSD and a standard drive. Is there anyway to change the default directory for minecraft? Keeps saving to the ssd

Rather than just arguing did it ever occur to anyone to suggest that one of the mods goes to play on another faction server?

They can then see how that server runs the show and maybe add features they like to this server.

Im actually trying out the one cid and niall are on

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

Roorah wrote: »
    I just built a new pc yesterday, I got an SSD and a standard drive. Is there anyway to change the default directory for minecraft? Keeps saving to the ssd

You could use MultiMC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Well this picked up quickly.

The difference between our server and other factions servers is we're trying to offer more than just factions. We're acting as if we're a survival/faction server.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Well this picked up quickly.

3ohqu7.jpg

• Advertisement

I'll see you there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Good movie.....

Somebody on the server suggested we all go on teamspeak and sort this out once and for all rather that spamming this forum with stupid arguments!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Somebody on the server suggested we all go on teamspeak and sort this out once and for all rather that spamming this forum with stupid arguments!

Misé :D

Good idea ... :)

I can turn down the volume on people I don't agree with :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gaynormark0

it would make the whole whining thing a lot easier :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Is there a TS/mumble server?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

Oh... I'm sorry for using a discussion forum... to discuss something. :confused:

Farcheal wrote: »
    Oh... I'm sorry for using a discussion forum... to discuss something. :confused:

Farcheal lets not kid ourselves this is blabber of the highest order rather than a discussion!

Farcheal wrote: »

He made a suggestion. Don't take offence.

• Advertisement

Could we install this plugin:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/edit-misc-tp-fun-multiverse-2-3-world-management-bukkitdev.3707/

That way we could have one world for factions and one for creations!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Could we install this plugin:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/edit-misc-tp-fun-multiverse-2-3-world-management-bukkitdev.3707/

That way we could have one world for factions and one for creations!

You really overestimate how powerful this server is if you think we can use that.

Diplomatic tensions are rising inside AWEs base thanks to me!

I see that WorldPainter(link) can generate 1.3.1 worlds now.. Any artists out there want to design a good factions world?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kronnn

Diplomatic tensions are rising inside AWEs base thanks to me!

You mean because you keep cheating by glitching out of places and logging off whenever someone tries to kill you?

I see that WorldPainter(link) can generate 1.3.1 worlds now.. Any artists out there want to design a good factions world?:)

I might actually give it a go. Need ideas first

Xenon560 wrote: »
    I might actually give it a go. Need ideas first

I've been trying but I lack any artistic ability:P

The initial idea before the server went live was we would have a large main land surrounded by smaller islands.

Spawn would be on one of the islands
    Each faction would have a base an island.
    Factions would eventually need to move out into the mainland to gather resources.

The spawn island would need to contain a flat area to hold spawn town.

----

From using the tool I noticed you can change the frequency that you find diamond, I would suggest changing it to a much lower value. Diamond should be something worth fighting over(The mainland) rather than being able sustain yourself for a lifetime on the islands.

Yeah, I'll try make it so that there are few resources on the islands.
    Maybe even no diamond?

What about resources on non PvP island?

Xenon560 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'll try make it so that there are few resources on the islands.
    Maybe even no diamond?

What about resources on non PvP island?

Hmm.

It depends on how big the island is.

If it is big enough to hold the non pvp factions and also hold a large spawn town then I would suggestion either go with the normal rate of resources or with enough support from the non pvp community lower the rates to allow for a more interesting experience.

If the rates were higher and only neutrals could mine in the area(Is it possible to set it so non neutrals could not mine but still build/landscape in spawn?) then neutral run shops could have an advantage when selling material which would be interesting...

• Advertisement

Hmm, that would be good, I'm sure it would be possible
    World dimensions? I was thinking about 3,800x3,800

Also, can you change spawn point once ingame, coz you cant chose where it is in this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement