Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audit Elective FAE 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Peanut_M

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there's an audit elective class on Saturday??

Thanks!

Edit: It's ok, I misread the timetable! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭chursy

Hi All

I am down to the following in terms of missing cases

1) Devices Ltd
    2) Interplant Plc
    3) Tangent Ltd
    4) SX Max ltd
    5) RAPS Ltd
    6) Pension Fund Ltd
    7) CarCas ltd
    8) Burke Mechanical Ltd[/QUOTE]
    9) Daniel
    10) Diamond
    11) Credit Union
    12)Bally Deagan
    13) Druids
    14) Kammeb

If someone can upload these would be great. Also would be great if anyone can share an index you may have from last year for 2011 cases updated for 2012 would be great so i can compare whether i have all the cases.

Many thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭costacurta

Hey guys,

Would anyone be able to upload the induction notes for the elective? I lost them recently and cant seem to find them on the website.

Lecturer last night said that they are a great reference point to be looking at.

costacurta wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Would anyone be able to upload the induction notes for the elective? I lost them recently and cant seem to find them on the website.

Lecturer last night said that they are a great reference point to be looking at.

which induction notes? for the lectures before December - They are all on the institute main website ( not the students portal). I have uploaded a link in the other FAE 2012 thread for all core lectures notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AlbertoGranado

costacurta wrote: »
    Hey guys,

http://students.charteredaccountants.ie/Student-Information/Courses/Course-Timetables/

Link is to the audit core induction notes. There are no elective induction notes so I presume this is what he meant! I printed these off and watched the core lectures on line. Sean Murray is class!

• Advertisement

http://students.charteredaccountants.ie/Student-Information/Courses/Course-Timetables/

Link is to the audit core induction notes. There are no elective induction notes so I presume this is what he meant! I printed these off and watched the core lectures on line. Sean Murray is class!

Would you recommend watching the core lectures?

chursy wrote: »
    Hi All

I am down to the following in terms of missing cases

1) Devices Ltd
    2) Interplant Plc
    3) Tangent Ltd
    4) SX Max ltd
    5) RAPS Ltd
    6) Pension Fund Ltd
    7) CarCas ltd
    8) Burke Mechanical Ltd
    9) Daniel
    10) Diamond
    11) Credit Union
    12)Bally Deagan
    13) Druids
    14) Kammeb

If someone can upload these would be great. Also would be great if anyone can share an index you may have from last year for 2011 cases updated for 2012 would be great so i can compare whether i have all the cases.

Many thanks guys![/QUOTE]

Can someone help me with these cases please

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AlbertoGranado

They're a bit of a commitment timewise but I found them very good. Would definitely recommend them.

Cases 9,10 and 11 are from the 2010 audit elective paper. Think a few of the other ones are from mock exams. Maybe if you email the institute and ask them for them?
    http://students.charteredaccountants.ie/Student-Information/Exams/Papers-Solutions-Reports/Papers/FAE-New-Exam-Papers/FAE-2010/

I m little lost with these Audit Case studies as in what we need to have.

Excluding the case studies from Mocks/Sample and Past papers can someone please copy and paste the list of cases we ought to have for to date for 2012?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 57544

Apologies if this has been posted earlier, or elsewhere, but does anyone have a copy of the 2010 & 2011 audit elective mock? Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

They're a bit of a commitment timewise but I found them very good. Would definitely recommend them.

Cases 9,10 and 11 are from the 2010 audit elective paper. Think a few of the other ones are from mock exams. Maybe if you email the institute and ask them for them?
    http://students.charteredaccountants.ie/Student-Information/Exams/Papers-Solutions-Reports/Papers/FAE-New-Exam-Papers/FAE-2010/

Guys

Can someone please help me here

- upload notes for core audit lecture for session 9 and 10 ( everything )
    - had there been any practice questions material uploaded for core . Please upload everything if any.

I have all the core lectures till session 8 per the link above. Thanks

Anyone have the money laundering notes for the online session 3/4?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Chipped Nails

Anyone have the money laundering notes for the online session 3/4?

I think these are the ones you're looking for:

Thanks ChippedNails - By any chance have you got lectures notes for Core Session 9 and 10?

Hi,

Could someone post up the notes for tomorrow night's audit elective lecture please??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭thisguy

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has the chartered grind school notes for the audit elective last year? Cheers.:)

Hi Just wondering

Anyone has an up-to-date index to date for all the case studies for 2012/2011 ( Excluding Pastpapers).

What did everyone think of the audit then?

Thought first case was ok, didn't really like the second with the stock bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭funkymonkey9

Hey, just wondering if anyone has watched the anti-money laundering session online? He seems to be referring to the 'M42 document' a lot and I don't know what he's looking at! I don't see anything in the course material except for the slides and he doesn't seem to be referring to the info in the technical handbook! Anyone know what the doc is? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭tomfoolery60

The one in the technical handbook is (naturally) the wrong one. Find the new M42 on the CAI site - it's the one examinable and that he uses. It's also rather long

• Advertisement

I have done all the reading that needed to be done for elective and core however i still dont think i know the subject that well! how are people going about preparing for this- the book is a waste! i did everything per the lectures and at not even one instance has sean referred to using the book!

The one in the technical handbook is (naturally) the wrong one. Find the new M42 on the CAI site - it's the one examinable and that he uses. It's also rather long

Is there a PDF version of it that can be printed? When I search on the website it just brings me to Chariot and it doesn't seem very printable!! Thanks

there u go

Thanks a mill chursy! Would you recommend printing it?? Seems rather long

I printed it and watched the lecture of murrey as he refers to it throughout the lecture -

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

Excluding past papers, mocks and sample papers the following is the list of cases I have for the Audit Elective, can somebody let me know if I'm missing some?

RBG
    Becker
    Cool it
    Ebony
    Mulligan
    Cusiter
    Dexter
    Julliet
    Nothcee
    Moon Designs
    Kerrigans Medical Devices
    Fundi
    Interplant & Tangent
    Red Ireland
    White Distributors
    Carcas
    Burke Mechanicals
    RAPS
    Pension Fund
    SX Maxx
    Chemical Sisters
    Whelan
    Pybex
    Zeb Dallas
    Perchant Hotels

Thanks!

Oh also, I dont appear to have questions or solutions for Fundi and White Distributions and cant see them on the institute website - would anybody have these?

thanks again

figrolls wrote: »
    Excluding past papers, mocks and sample papers the following is the list of cases I have for the Audit Elective, can somebody let me know if I'm missing some?

RBG
    Becker
    Cool it
    Ebony
    Mulligan
    Cusiter
    Dexter
    Julliet
    Nothcee
    Moon Designs
    Kerrigans Medical Devices
    Fundi
    Interplant & Tangent
    Red Ireland
    White Distributors
    Carcas
    Burke Mechanicals
    RAPS
    Pension Fund
    SX Maxx
    Chemical Sisters
    Whelan
    Pybex
    Zeb Dallas
    Perchant Hotels

Thanks!

Oh also, I dont appear to have questions or solutions for Fundi and White Distributions and cant see them on the institute website - would anybody have these?

thanks again

Thanks for uploading this list

I am missing the following Questions and Solutions, would you be able to upload these please

Interplant & Tangent
    Carcas
    Burke Mechanicals
    RAPS
    Pension Fund
    SX Maxx

You dont have Sullivan Grocery Case study in your list - attached below

Draft Case Fundi - with comments outstanding.doc

Draft Case Whilte Distributors.doc

5. FAE Elective Auditing - Sullivan's Grocery Case Study.doc

6. FAE Elective Auditing - Sullivan's Grocery Suggested Solution.doc

SUllivan Case Study links

Does someone have slides for the Audit elective Lecture 9 please - Course review lecture? Would you be able to upload these please?

Thanks

Also i think i had posted this earlier as well, i have gone through all the reading material and looking to revise now - How are people going about doing revision? Jump straight on to the case studies or do you go through the lecture notes etc?

• Advertisement

Does someone have slides for the Audit elective Lecture 9 please - Course review lecture? Would you be able to upload these please?

Thanks

Also i think i had posted this earlier as well, i have gone through all the reading material and looking to revise now - How are people going about doing revision? Jump straight on to the case studies or do you go through the lecture notes etc?

Attached session 9 revision notes

Advertisement