Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multimillionaire Sourpusses

Options
  • 05-07-2012 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Roy Keane : X amounts of millions in the bank, a mansion in leafy Cheshire, always looks like he's lost a pound and found a penny.

Wayne Rooney : 120K a week, mansion in Cheshire, snarls,stamps and spits his dummy out of his mouth if he doesn't get a throw in

Morrissey : ''Life is sh1t, the world is sh1t, people are sh1t........yadda,yadda'', Yeah, sure it is Moz, in sunny California with millions in the bank

the list goes on, Thom Yorke, Bob Geldof and assorted others, ffs cheer up, you could be working in a factory or a call centre for €350 a week. Of course, I'm envious of these people's wealth, that goes without saying and people are still curmudgeonly human beings regardless of their situation but it does get a bit grating when some of these characters go around all the time with this hard done by demeanor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

i dont blame morrisey. If all I was in a **** overrated band like the smiths I would be pissed of too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

frag420 wrote: »
    i dont blame morrisey. If all I was in a **** overrated band like the smiths I would be pissed of too!!

Incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I am very close to perma-banning you right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Happy one here.

I think!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

He's a good bloke with a great sense of humour, have met him a few times. His songs can be funny too, listen to the lyrics and you might get the jokes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

It must be the Irish blood in them.

They begrudge themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

dd972 wrote: »
    Roy Keane : X amounts of millions in the bank, a mansion in leafy Cheshire, always looks like he's lost a pound and found a penny.

Wayne Rooney : 120K a week, mansion in Cheshire, snarls,stamps and spits his dummy out of his mouth if he doesn't get a throw in

Morrissey : ''Life is sh1t, the world is sh1t, people are sh1t........yadda,yadda'', Yeah, sure it is Moz, in sunny California with millions in the bank

the list goes on, Thom Yorke, Bob Geldof and assorted others, ffs cheer up, you could be working in a factory or a call centre for €350 a week. Of course, I'm envious of these people's wealth, that goes without saying and people are still curmudgeonly human beings regardless of their situation but it does get a bit grating when some of these characters go around all the time with this hard done by demeanor.

I know, I mean Kurt Cobain, all the money he had, and he goes and blows his own head off with a shotgun! Like, WTF?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Fupping Grasshole

How many multimillionaires frequent AH?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

In before money doesn't buy you happinness crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Posh Spice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

The money gets bigger, but so does the sh1t you have to deal with. All the problems stay the same. They just have a few more 000's on the end. Now fcuk off ye whinging impoverished cnuts.:D Also, Morrisey is a ledge. IE he's flat, often high and pointlessly narrow. Had a few good songs tho, Smiths ruled when I was at school.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

People who are happy and content with their life generally don't put in the effort required to make multi-million figures.

Multi-millionaires are generally by implication individuals driven to accumulate money because they're unsatisfied with their lives. I'm not saying that I wouldn't like to have a bank account bursting at the seams, but I want someone to just hand it to me. I'm not dissatisfied enough to get off my arse and work for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Sappa wrote: »
    In before money doesn't buy you happinness crowd.

It does actually.......... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Happiness-DVD-Jane-Adams/dp/B00004T8VO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

seamus wrote: »
    People who are happy and content with their life generally don't put in the effort required to make multi-million figures.

Multi-millionaires are generally by implication individuals driven to accumulate money because they're unsatisfied with their lives. I'm not saying that I wouldn't like to have a bank account bursting at the seams, but I want someone to just hand it to me. I'm not dissatisfied enough to get off my arse and work for it.

Very profound seamus!
    Turns out i'm not just a lazy cúnt, i'm too happy to work hard. I like it:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

At least one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

Well, I typically have my butler browse boards and relay anything of interest, so Im not on quite as much as I appear to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

Richard Branson might be the exception to the rule. His default face seems to be grinning chimp, whenever he pops up in the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Lollers wrote: »
    Richard Branson might be the exception to the rule. His default face seems to be grinning chimp, whenever he pops up in the media.

Met him once, very down to earth and a gentleman. You'd never guess at his public recognition or money tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Couldn't agree more with Seamus - a lot of rich people are driven to accumulate money/possessions/social standing to compensate for something that happened (or they perceive to have happened) in their youth.
    The point is not that rich people become unhappy, it is that unhappy people become rich!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

mikom wrote: »

Happiness can be bought, or bittorrented.

/end thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,045 ✭✭✭✭neris

parents have a friend down in the south of spain who works in a pre school in marbella. shes friendlyish with one of the mothers who lives in a huge house, loadsa money, driver, maid and cook but she is bored ****less, afraid of being her family being kidnapped and fed up of being home alone without her husband. and who said money cant buy you happiness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

dd972 wrote: »

He earns £250,000 a week. Slight off the margin but still. When you're talking those numbers I suppose there is little difference :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,995 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I keep a low profile so that I don't get paupers sending me begging PMs all day long. The ones who slip through the net seem to be under the illusion that persistence will pay off, but they will be sadly disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

It's their business whatever they do our however they want to look or act.
    A person much worse off than you, OP, would say the same thing about you. Don't be such a sour puss.

prinz wrote: »
    Met him once, very down to earth and a gentleman. You'd never guess at his public recognition or money tbh.

Yep, I read his book - Screw it, Let's do it. He came across as a nice guy. Surprisingly for a multi millionaire, his main motivation never seemed to be money, that's just a by-product, but rather making a success of different businesses ventures. Be it records, rail services or airlines. If Branson was just a normal guy and won the lotto tomorrow, he would still work. it's not about money with him, it's about succeeding.

Also, I'm nosy, where did you meet him ?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

Yep, I read his book - Screw it, Let's do it. He came across as a nice guy. Surprisingly for a multi millionaire, his main motivation never seemed to be money, that's just a by-product, but rather making a success of different businesses ventures. Be it records, rail services or airlines. If Branson was just a normal guy and won the lotto tomorrow, he would still work. it's not about money with him, it's about succeeding.

Do you not think he's awful man for starting things and then letting them fizzle out?

Virgin Jeans
    Virgin Cola
    Virgin Cinema
    Virgin F1
    I'm sure there is tons more.

Let's hope he doesn't lose interest in his space ship and leave them up there.

I agree he is a happy fecker though.

Brendan O'Carroll is always thanking the fact that he is doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It seems to be that way for most of the mega-rich Lollers. Read Warren Buffet's biography and he's very much the same: lives very frugally and looks at the money is a scorecard of his achievements rather than as money in it's own right.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

KenSwee wrote: »
    Do you not think he's awful man for starting things and then letting them fizzle out?

Virgin Jeans
    Virgin Cola
    Virgin Cinema
    Virgin F1
    I'm sure there is tons more.

Let's hope he doesn't lose interest in his space ship and leave them up there.
    It's more he knows when to cut a bad investment loose...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Must be about 15 years ago at a village fete one summer. He was on holidays in Ireland with his kids so there they were he decided to come down for a look round. He just pottered around chatting to people about their homemade jams and the like.

• Advertisement

Sleepy wrote: »
    It seems to be that way for most of the mega-rich Lollers. Read Warren Buffet's biography and he's very much the same: lives very frugally and looks at the money is a scorecard of his achievements rather than as money in it's own right.

Yeah, Buffet is a prime example, his net worth is around 40 billion, yet he lives in the same house that he bought for $31,500. Has also never bought a new car in is life, drives second hand cars only.

Advertisement