Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Official Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

10 for Gav
    3 for Sol
    2 for Cherry and Laura :P

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭electronige

aaaahhh still banned !!! ,also dam funny comments people also their may have been some confusion amites the either last night : ) and stay out of the my cake sol no bee either !!!
    and anyone who is stuck for a room should take it up with sol tnt makes a good point .

It appears I'm not matched with many people
    *Goes and likes everybody's posts*

It appears I'm not matched with many people
    *Goes and likes everybody's posts*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Man, I get around! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

kingtut wrote: »
    I hope you replaced them, otherwise you might be banned for griefing (despite not realising what you were doing in this case) ;)
    I found a block of sand and left in in a space I dug out. I tried :') The three/four stone blocks I knocked out will make Elec's job easier ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

I was going to make a thread on how factions work for the upcoming map change but then realised I am terrible at explaining things through the medium of text. I will still try to write one. However if anyone would like me to explain it to them, I can do it in game. I have already done so with xenon and gav and I hope they knew what I was rambling on about.

IGN is bobage for those who don't know. I know a server with factions installed that I can explain it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I was going to make a thread on how factions work for the upcoming map change but then realised I am terrible at explaining things through the medium of text. I will still try to write one. However if anyone would like me to explain it to them, I can do it in game. I have already done so with xenon and gav and I hope they knew what I was rambling on about.

IGN is bobage for those who don't know. I know a server with factions installed that I can explain it on.

You should write up a post explaining the whole thing anyway :P. A lot of people here don't funny understand factions, raids etc

Here is the help menu for the faction plugin. Have a look through and if you have questions, ask.

fhelp1.png

fhelp2.png

fhelp3.png

fhelp4.png

fhelp5.png

fhelp6.png

fhelp7.png

fhelp8.png

fhelp9.png

fhelp10.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Here is mine :eek::o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

Jaysus! some amount of commands/pages there

But thanks anyway. Perhaps We could set up a server for people just to mess around with the plugin and get used to it before the actual Factioning begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

210766.png

I assume no one owns this area, so is it okay if I take it...? (I just want to check... Hehe...)

Farcheal wrote: »
    Jaysus! some amount of commands/pages there

But thanks anyway. Perhaps We could set up a server for people just to mess around with the plugin and get used to it before the actual Factioning begins.

It's quite easy to understand. A lot of them are not really needed. We could set up a test server with a minimum amount of RAM assigned. Or you could go onto the server that me and xenon went onto with bob. The IP for that is mc.k1l.me

Pen Rua wrote: »

I assume no one owns this area, so is it okay if I take it...? (I just want to check... Hehe...)

Doesn't look like anyone owns it but whoever cut down those trees obviously didn't read the rules. No floating trees :D

The best thing you could do is play on a large factions server for a few days

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I'm actually going to start spamming 1-day bans on anyone who leaves a floater or fails to replant trees. I'm getting sick of manually taking down giant floating tree canopies and replanting all my stolen trees >_<

If anyone else loses a forest overnight report it to an op/admin. The odd missing tree isn't going to cause issues but wiping out a small forest (or tree farm) someone was maintaining with their own materials is effectively theft. Leaving floaters has long been considered a minor grief (since the start of 1.8 if not before) anyway.

Solitaire wrote: »
    I'm actually going to start spamming 1-day bans on anyone who leaves a floater or fails to replant trees. I'm getting sick of manually taking down giant floating tree canopies and replanting all my stolen trees >_<

If anyone else loses a forest overnight report it to an op/admin. The odd missing tree isn't going to cause issues but wiping out a small forest (or tree farm) someone was maintaining with their own materials is effectively theft. Leaving floaters has long been considered a minor grief (since the start of 1.8 if not before) anyway.

Man I always see that , didn't know it was a bannable offence , two weeks ago some left floating jungle trees near my base :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

A small concern I have involves admins/mods and the unbalance they could potentially bring to any faction they join.

As admins and mods teleport around to help players and enforce rules etc they will as a side effect see and gain an understanding of other factions layouts, traps, positons etc.

If the admins/mods are then involved in a faction raid they will have a decent understanding of where to step and where the loot is, Even if they attempt to ignore the knowledge they will obviously not step into a trap they know is present.

There are ways around that I suppose. Since faction land can't really be griefed and we have detections for cheats, the really isnt a need to teleport to faction players as such.
    The command to see the other factions private chat can be disabled AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭electronige

some one left one at my place ! and died while collecting wool not sure if their related .
    Solitaire wrote: »

• Advertisement

some one left one at my place ! and died while collecting wool not sure if their related .

Its just pure laziness, all they need to do is collect all the wood, the rest will decay

Can i have this as my faction capital :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I suddenly feel a little dirty...

210849.JPG

I suddenly feel a little dirty...

heheh love you too cherry :p

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Its just pure laziness, all they need to do is collect all the wood, the rest will decay

I'm confused by this, are you saying that if you chop down all the wood the 'leave blocks' (or whatever you call them) will suddenly vanish? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

I'm confused by this, are you saying that if you chop down all the wood the 'leave blocks' (or whatever you call them) will suddenly vanish? :confused:

If you remove all the wood they disappear over the space of a minute or so?

If you remove all the wood they disappear over the space of a minute or so?

Never knew that, thanks :)

Never knew that, thanks :)

If the don't start decaying while you are there then there is a wood block hiding in there somewhere. All wood must be removed.

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    If the don't start decaying while you are there then there is a wood block hiding in there somewhere. All wood must be removed.

Or it's a magical tree :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

Yeah I kinda stopped playing MC for a while cos but this new factions stuff sounds really cool. Would def bring me back into the fold!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement