Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most popular Call of Duty game played online?

Options
  • 23-06-2012 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi,
    I need to get two PC games at least.
    I am thinking Crysis and CoD.
    Which versions should I get that still have reasonable amount of players online.
    If you know of any other Shooter games that is popular online, please suggest thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Just wondering, do you like any other genres? Because there are way better games out there for the PC.

Anyway for COD you won't go wrong with the latest one, it sold about a bajillion copies.

Another option for an online shooter would be Team Fortress 2. I've never really gotten into it but it's massively popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman_321

danthefan wrote: »
    Just wondering, do you like any other genres? Because there are way better games out there for the PC.

Anyway for COD you won't go wrong with the latest one, it sold about a bajillion copies.

Another option for an online shooter would be Team Fortress 2. I've never really gotten into it but it's massively popular.

I looked at TF2 I think it looks crap, not to offend anyone.
    I have never tried any other genres.
    Maybe I can give a really good RPG or 3PS a go, what are you thinking?
    Btw which is CoD is that - Battle Ops?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,307 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Battlefield 3 is hugely popular now and a brilliant multiplayer with great graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Eman_321 wrote: »

get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Give Left 4 Dead 2 a go.

• Advertisement

I read BF could be slow because it depends on tactics, while CoD is just all out Action packed fun. I could get ISOs but unfortunately won't be able to play online. Know anywhere to buy games for a reasonable price? :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'm offended. TF2 is one of the best online shooters there is. The clever art style only adds to it. And it's free ffs.
    CoD on the other hand is scientifically proven to be utter garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 MarkusBrady

You really should just try team fortress 2. Battlefield is fun and it only takes around 30 seconds to get into the action from anywhere. Call of Duty can be fun, if that's what your into. Tribes is good and it's free and so is monday nigh combat. As said above, these aren't the best PC games but they are multiplayer shooters. If you're going to get 2 pc games I suggest you try at least one new thing (Civilization V, Arma 2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Amnesia) and if not, just stick to your console because it'll be a lot easier to sort through all the other games for the best multiplayer shooters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Hi,
    I need to get two PC games at least.
    I am thinking Crysis and CoD.
    Which versions should I get that still have reasonable amount of players online.
    If you know of any other Shooter games that is popular online, please suggest thanks.

If your PC is decent I would highly recommend BF3, It is vastly superior to the console version as the maps are huge and you can have double the players which can become quite chaotic at times!

Also, Have you got steam? They will be having their summer sale in a few days which means massive reductions on their library with up to 90% of most pc games so I would avoid spending any money until then:)

Oh! And you should really get the DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Q8c8jnL3s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I've just started Stalker after getting a new laptop and have to say it's fantastic highly recommended.

BF3 is anything but boring, again highly recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

Battlefield 2

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

COD4 still has about 50000 or so players online at any one point. A lot of them play Promod though so if you're up for that hop in.

COD2 then MW3 would be the next two popular games.

As for Crysis, Crysis 2 has far more players than Crysis and Crysis Warhead, though I myself prefer the latter for multiplayer.

I myself also recommend BF3, UT3, Killing Floor, CS GO will be a mega-hit guaranteed when its released. TF2 is free, can't go wrong it. Great great game.

Thanks a lot guys, will see what I can get ;)

If your PC is decent I would highly recommend BF3, It is vastly superior to the console version as the maps are huge and you can have double the players which can become quite chaotic at times!

Also, Have you got steam? They will be having their summer sale in a few days which means massive reductions on their library with up to 90% of most pc games so I would avoid spending any money until then:)

Oh! And you should really get the DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Q8c8jnL3s

Wow yeah, recently got Steam. Thanks for the tip!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Don't forget the list of free games for steam :)

Advertisement