Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Orchestra 2 : Heroes of Stalingrad (PC)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Probably some pointless advice but:
    Verify the game's integrity on Steam once you have it installed.
    Library > Right-click on RO2 > Properties > Local Files tab.
    If you didn't restart since it started happening do it now.

Try right-clicking on game shortcut on desktop and 'Run as Administrator'
    Try these other suggestions if mine don't work:
    http://game.downloadatoz.com/tutorial,27485,how-to-fix-red-orchestra-2-heroes-of-stalingrad-won-t-launch.html

New patch out, 3.3gb! :eek:
    Changelog here:
    http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=68880

Everyone,

The previously mentioned RO2 update is in Valve's hands and will be released soon. The stats reset will take place sometime tomorrow morning/afternoon time. The changelog is below:

Stats
    -Fixed stats and acheivements being awarded when they shouldn't have been and sometimes not saving stats on ranked servers. This requires a global stat and achievement reset which will be happening soon.
    -Fixed several number display issues in the profile menu and after action report
    -Honor, class, and weapon experience are all currently doubled to help make up for stats lost to the reset
    -A new achievement has been added which is unlocked simply by playing RO2 during the double xp for players affected by the stat reset

Gameplay
    -Reloading can be interrupted by melee or switching weapons
    -Fixed quick grenade not returning to the previously equipped weapon
    -Fixed team wounding counting as kill
    -Fixed kill assists not showing up all the time
    -Fixed Countdown Time to Beat being always 0
    -Fixed timers showing wrong numbers in the single player campaign
    -Fixed tank AI being able to see through smoke
    -Fixed tank cannon smoke shells not blocking any AI vision

Stability & Performance
    - Major optimization pass on all maps should increase performance across the board
    - Reduced Alt-Tab crashing
    - Fixed post-processing preset resetting itself in the video settings menu
    - Fixed glowing outline/rainbow colors around the screen for certain machines
    - Fixed a bug causing all audio to cut out after a map change
    - Graphical improvements to environments, weapons and vehicle interior - areas or vehicles/weapons not in direct sunlight now have working specularity which will help make normal maps more visible and textures to look less flat
    - New Umbra release and optimization
    - General CPU optimizations

Server
    -Fix for commandline setting of webadmin values not saving after multiple map changes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Goodbye G41 bayonet :(

Nearly had MP40 lvl 25 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Meirleach

I'll be honest, being in the preorder beta plus all the other updates, this game is an unholy terror on my monthly bandwidth cap. :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Meirleach wrote: »
    I'll be honest, being in the preorder beta plus all the other updates, this game is an unholy terror on my monthly bandwidth cap. :o

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Meirleach

Okay for anyone else having the trouble with the inb4 reset achievement, try this - http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=931943&postcount=14

No no, don't worry that's perfectly normal, nothing ever goes right with this game. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Could anyone spare a few multiplayer tips for a RO noob?:p

I find im getting butchered constantly in multiplayer. I make use of cover but seem to get picked off by some guy halfway across the map a lot of the time.

I love the realism of this game, but my god is the learning curve steep with this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Could anyone spare a few multiplayer tips for a RO noob?:p

I find im getting butchered constantly in multiplayer. I make use of cover but seem to get picked off by some guy halfway across the map a lot of the time.

I love the realism of this game, but my god is the learning curve steep with this game.

I found playing it safe got me killed. Treat it like a CoD style run and gun shooter with an automatic weapon or use a rifle if you have good reflexes and aim. You'll take a lot of guys by surprise and get kills. I'm consistently in the top 3 on servers using this style instead of treating it realistic.

Gaunty wrote: »
    I found playing it safe got me killed. Treat it like a CoD style run and gun shooter with an automatic weapon or use a rifle if you have good reflexes and aim. You'll take a lot of guys by surprise and get kills. I'm consistently in the top 3 on servers using this style instead of treating it realistic.

That approach probably wont work for me though. I'm more used to playing shooters on consoles so my reactions with the mouse aren't good enough for good aiming.

Depends on the map, sometimes the run and gun can work.
    I'm only alright at the game, mainly due to it preforming like crap on my PC but my tips would be:

Take your time, use prone a lot. Check the area around corners by leaning. when you have to go into open areas sprint from cover to cover.
    You'll simply learn the more you play, when to move, when to stay, when to crouch/prone etc.

Try be aware of your teammates location, so you know where they should be covering. You can sometimes tell where they've been shot from too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mk94

Has the problem of the resolution 1366x768 beem sorted out for this game? I have recently purchased a monitor with a max resolution of 1366x768 @ 60ghz in 16:9 but I have heard that you must tinker around with the game files to fix this problem? anyone know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mk94

Hey! recently purchased a very good PC with a monitor which has a max resolution of 1366x768, just a bit worried before purchasing this game whether or not the game will run at this resolution or do you have to tinker around with the game's files ? a response from a player of the game would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

mk94 wrote: »
    Hey! recently purchased a very good PC with a monitor which has a max resolution of 1366x768, just a bit worried before purchasing this game whether or not the game will run at this resolution or do you have to tinker around with the game's files ? a response from a player of the game would be much appreciated!

Sorry mate, i still play this game but i have no idea if that has been fixed yet or not! You'll have to check out the official Tripwire forums for a definite answer i'd say. :)

So whats the deal with mods and the sdk ?
    id love to play some new maps

Huge update incoming!

Mamayev Kurgan, a new multiplayer map lined with bunkers and trenches
    “‘Action’ mode – Featuring a crosshair, easier aiming and toned down recoil, reduced damage and open access to a wide range of weaponry Action mode is the perfect first step for players into the world of Red Orchestra.”
    “‘Classic’ mode blends the gameplay innovations of the new game with the tactical and edgy gameplay of the original giving the fans of the first game exactly what they want.”
    Vehicle improvements, including a toning-down of AI tank accuracy
    Machineguns are now “easier to use,” according to Tripwire
    Performance improvements, including revamp of dynamic shadows, changes to UI rendering, map optimizations, and more
    Optional client-side hit detection
    Refinement of spawn-on-squad leader, spawn protection, overtime, and Lockdown
    Red Orchestra 2 will be free to play on Steam beginning at 10 AM PST on Thursday, May 24 until Sunday, May 27.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

Definitely looking forward to this one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

So very tempted to buy this as a post exam treat and being a history buff, at 12e for deluxe on steam.

anyone played the classic mode yet. i havent played it in months coz it didnt really feel like the realistic shooter sorta game i was hoping but classic sounds promising. still downloading the patch

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

I like the new mode a lot, game is starting to grow on me again. Depends on if it stays alive past the free weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Trying to give this a shot but can't find any guide to ease me into it.

WTF does my enemy even look like? TK'd someone off in the distance I thought looked suspicious then was hesitant to fire on other people.

• Advertisement

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Trying to give this a shot but can't find any guide to ease me into it.

WTF does my enemy even look like? TK'd someone off in the distance I thought looked suspicious then was hesitant to fire on other people.

Play the new action mode to ease you in.
    Germans wear grey gear, Ruskies brownish/orange.
    The key is knowing the actual shape of their head gear etc.
    If you know anything about WW2 you will have an idea of this already :)
    Nothing like owning it up with a bolt action rifle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

Very enjoyable game, I got it when it was on offer on steam there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Manach wrote: »
    So very tempted to buy this as a post exam treat and being a history buff, at 12e for deluxe on steam.

The game is well worth a purchase considering it costs just over a tenner - it can get very addictive!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Long time owners received 3 day guest passes based on how long they've owned it. I got 5! If anyone wants one PM me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i've got 3 if anyone wants one too..

Got three here as well if anyones interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Cillo rs200

Such an addictive game I love it, gonna have to get back into it now!

I have 3 guest passes if anyone wants to try this.
    Its a fantastic game, hugely under rated mainly because it was poor on release day but those of us that stuck by it now play a fantastic WW2 fps.
    The new GOTY version along with its new action mode seems to have brought a lot of new players.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Dcully wrote: »
    I have 3 guest passes if anyone wants to try this.
    Its a fantastic game, hugely under rated mainly because it was poor on release day but those of us that stuck by it now play a fantastic WW2 fps.
    The new GOTY version along with its new action mode seems to have brought a lot of new players.

Would be very interested in trying it out..I was gonna get it at release but the reviews put me off it..nice to see a game that's improved with patches rather than the other way around (DICE)..

please sir..can I have one? :)

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    Would be very interested in trying it out..I was gonna get it at release but the reviews put me off it..nice to see a game that's improved with patches rather than the other way around (DICE)..

please sir..can I have one? :)

Send me your email and ill forward a pass your way.

Advertisement