Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

[IMG][/img]Normalk-Distribution.gif

*Le state examination commision

5eye.jpg

The REAL reason curve balls and unpredictable papers are put on the leaving cert

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Normalk-Distribution.gif

The dreaded bell curve, we meet once more. :cool:

Best way to do well in the leaving cert? Avoid as much competition as you can. Hebrew studies here I come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

out of all the misfortune the leaving has brought upon me I think ill become the next plath! my sadness will make lovely depressing poetry :( and then ill make it onto the leaving cert course and cause misery to students when I don't appear in the papers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

Anyone doing OL maths I found these notes which might be useful, thought I'd share them :)

http://2fm.rte.ie/blogs/countdown/Leaving%20Cert%20ordinary%20maths%20notes.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Anyone doing OL maths I found these notes which might be useful, thought I'd share them :)

http://2fm.rte.ie/blogs/countdown/Leaving%20Cert%20ordinary%20maths%20notes.pdf

Thank you muchly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Continuous assessment is the only way in my opinion. If I've worked for the last two years I don't think they can determine my ability from one exam.

Feck all assessment.

Life wil, determine your success. :cool:

Holy fcking **** i just found an unopened easter egg!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Monkeyloops

Does anyone know how to get two points to plot from the line k: x-1=0

• Advertisement

http://www.e-xamit.ie/tutorial.php?id=38517&port=38526&prep=38516&soln=38517&tip=38518

How do you work out two points for each line at the beginning of the question? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 20 liverpoolskid

Anyone got any tips for an triail? or a site i can go onto to get good easy to understand notes would be helpful too :) Thanks :)

OFFICIAL BOYCOT, TWEET THIS TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS:

This year the SEC has gone too far and made exams slightly unpredictable.
    As a result, we must make sure not a single examiner is paid after this intolerable scandal.
    On Monday, 9:30 am, not a single soul from the 40,000 students must attend their exam centre until the SEC apologizes and hands out A1s to everyone in the country.

Thank you for your cooperation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

It's a straight line through x=1
    Straight up.

Guys this is a really special post for me, it's my hundredth one! Better not waste it! :p

Well, I've grown to love the entire leaving cert forum over the past few months, but I'll probably regret the hours of study it's taken away from me for study next August.

I hope everyone on this thread especially gets what they deserve. I've seen nothing but compassion and gratitude, you guys make it hard to believe the LC is a competition! :p

The SEC can take our predictions, but they can never take our souls! LC 2012 are a generation to be reckoned with! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Anyone know where I can find some examples of the sorta big trig questions they normally ask in Paper 2? Normally fail them so I wana try practice them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

X=1, and use any value of y as the line will be vertical and will pass through every single value of y. You could let y equal 74434673/22134 if you wanted, but it's easiest to go with 0 and 1 :P

finality wrote: »
    X=1, and use any value of y as the line will be vertical and will pass through every single value of y. You could let y equal 74434673/22134 if you wanted, but it's easiest to go with 0 and 1 :P

Thanks! I get it now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Does anyone know if there's a way I can do standard deviation on my calculator, and will I still get the marks? My calculator is a "fx-83GT Plus".

SEC took 5 years of your life though.

I want them back. *immitstes YouTube comments*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's a way I can do standard deviation on my calculator, and will I still get the marks? My calculator is a "fx-83GT Plus".

You are absolutely grand doing standard deviation on the calculator, they expect you to and you'll get full marks. I have that calculator too, it's a bit long but here's how.

To input data values:
    Use shift > setup > (down arrow) > 3.stat to make sure frequency is OFF.
    Then:
    mode > 2.stat > 2.A+BX > enter your values (use = to go down a row and the arrow keys to go over to the Y column when you need to)
    When all values are in press AC.

To get the standard deviation:
    Shift > Stat (over no.1) > 4.VAR > 3.sigma-x > =
    this should give the standard deviation.

You can also use option 2 within 4.VAR to get the mean, or A and B within 5.REG to get the y-intercept (A) and slope (B) of the line of best fit.

PM me if this gets confusing or you need more help :)

Pokemon is sick and disturbing, can't understand why you guys like it:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

You are absolutely grand doing standard deviation on the calculator, they expect you to and you'll get full marks. I have that calculator too, it's a bit long but here's how.

To input data values:
    Use shift > setup > (down arrow) > 3.stat to make sure frequency is OFF.
    Then:
    mode > 2.stat > 2.A+BX > enter your values (use = to go down a row and the arrow keys to go over to the Y column when you need to)
    When all values are in press AC.

To get the standard deviation:
    Shift > Stat (over no.1) > 4.VAR > 3.sigma-x > =
    this should give the standard deviation.

You can also use option 2 within 4.VAR to get the mean, or A and B within 5.REG to get the y-intercept (A) and slope (B) of the line of best fit.

PM me if this gets confusing or you need more help :)

Thanks :) and can you just write the answer, you don't need like any other work to be shown?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Thanks :) and can you just write the answer, you don't need like any other work to be shown?

Unless they specifically say 'without using the calculator' (which as far as I know they shouldn't), you can just write the answer.

Sad that my folders of notes are slowly being picked off and made redundant, fit for the paper bin:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Been doing maths for like an hour two so tired of it.
    I nearly gave up at one point but forced myself to carry on.
    Figured I can do the co-ordinate geometry and the circle if I focus and don't start stressing too much lol. And context and applications I'm not sure about the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Eathrin wrote: »

Pokemon is sick and disturbing, can't understand why you guys like it:rolleyes:

How can you not like pokemon? lol
    Do you not even like Pikachu? :).

One of the greatest movies ever made, if you have time watch the whole thing, if you don't, take a moment to procrastinate and experience the beauty that is "The Rockn rolla"

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement