Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ghost recon future soldier

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

What the fck are they keys all about?

When is this game out on 360?

Is this the first game that has been released since graw2?

There is a beta currently on, it's over on the 2nd may though(tomorrow).

The game is out 25th may here in ireland (22nd in america)

Nope, plenty games have been released since graw2. Hundreds in fact. Best of those include gears 3, halo reach, and skyrim

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

When is this game out on 360?

Is this the first game that has been released since graw2?

There is a beta currently on, it's over on the 2nd may though(tomorrow).

The game is out 25th may here in ireland (22nd in america)

Nope, plenty games have been released since graw2. Hundreds in fact. Best of those include gears 3, halo reach, and skyrim

What is a beta?

Sarcasm is lowest form of wit.

I obviously meant in the graw series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Me and my friend were hooked on BF3 before they brought out that stupid rent-a-server initiative on the consoles. We actually both went back to L4D2 and Mercs 2 co-op for a while, we were that bored. But this looks like the next game we might both get.

Well, when curse like that on a public forum, you honestly can't expect to get a nice response.

And yes, this is the first in the Ghost Recon series released since graw2.

Eggy Baby! wrote:
    Me and my friend were hooked on BF3 before they brought out that stupid rent-a-server initiative on the consoles. We actually both went back to L4D2 and Mercs 2 co-op for a while, we were that bored. But this looks like the next game we might both get.

Good luck playing together, if the full game are anything like the beta servers, then you'll have a hard time playing at all. I've managed to play maybe 12 games since the 19th. I constantly get kicked from the Ubisoft servers, and the "scheduled maintenance" is random (I think they disguise a server crash with scheduled maintenance)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Good luck playing together, if the full game are anything like the beta servers, then you'll have a hard time playing at all. I've managed to play maybe 12 games since the 19th. I constantly get kicked from the Ubisoft servers, and the "scheduled maintenance" is random (I think they disguise a server crash with scheduled maintenance)

I doubt those issues will carry into the full game, considering the beta is a place where the servers are tested in the first place

• Advertisement

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    I doubt those issues will carry into the full game, considering the beta is a place where the servers are tested in the first place

This is Ubisoft, they delayed this game by a year and a half, I don't think this game is even ready. I'd prefer if they just delayed by another 6 months, and just polished the hell out of it.

Also, i'd have thought the problems would have been sorted by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

this is out on friday

anyone getting it?

was the beta any good?

launch trailer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

have had it since the week before last, but im embargoed until 9am est tomorrow

really brief summary: it's fcukin great

• Registered Users Posts: 45,023 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

anyone able to confirm if there is a local co-op mode available?

anyone able to confirm if there is a local co-op mode available?

http://www.co-optimus.com/game/1921/playstation-3/ghost-recon-future-soldier.html It's 2-player local co-op.

Also, i hope the actual multiplayer isn't like the beta, that was a pain. I maybe managed to play 25 games over the duration of the entire thing. The servers were awful

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

You can have a chance to win the game and other goodies at the UBisoft team event this Sunday

Check out the event thread

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

23 minute big budget trailer film

I'm surprised by how good the campaign is. But little bugs are making it annoying, and stupid door opening sequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

Just picked this up in HMV on Henry Street. Only €45. Bargain. Was €55 next door in Gamestop. tut tut

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Is this game worth picking up? Beta was a major let down due to unstable server it's a fun game if it's working properly but the constant freezing and getting kicked middle of the game kinda puts me off buying it. Can't decide between this or Dragons Dogma

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

tom clancy's ghost recon future soldier the ubisoft service is not available at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

eioneill wrote: »
    Just picked this up in HMV on Henry Street. Only €45. Bargain. Was €55 next door in Gamestop. tut tut

Isn't that par for the course?

I generally find that Gamestop are €5 or €10 dearer on the vast majority of new games.

Picked it up hope its good here's my psn: Naughtix to anyone wants to play guerilla mode

I'm really loving the game atm. Campaign is absolutely epic not over the top or anything. I'm surprisingly owning in multiplayer too decoy mode is my favourite so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 rashers10

What is the story? Is CoD the only multiplayer game that can be played on launch day?

rashers10 wrote: »
    What is the story? Is CoD the only multiplayer game that can be played on launch day?

CoD has a launch day? I thought they just release DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

From a gr fan this is redstorms downfall absolute dirt
    The graphics are pathetic the cut scenes are awful ,
    Small multiplayer maps
    In the last gr you could have 16 player coop missions huge maps
    Customise your own lobby like turn the Uav off or pistols only all that sort off thing lms day and night maps .
    Grfs was shipped with ten multiplayer maps
    graw2 had 30 multiplayer maps
    It looks like a low budget kinect game compared to other gr games
    Look how big the text is
    It's like idiot proof or something tutorials everywhere ,
    Anyway looking forward to Arma3

That will actually be a tactical shooter

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

So its ****e then yeah?? Damn, was hoping this could be the game that got me away from COD :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Im not sure where the hate for this game is from tbh? I loved GR1 and 2 , loved the authenticity and gameplay. The fact that it was the thinking mans shooter was great.

From what Ive played so far of GR3 it seems like the slow paced element is gone but what we get back in turn is a highly fluid and far more flexible experience. Very few games give you such a vast array of tools (in every sense of the word) and lets you use them in any way you want to accomplish your objectives any way you want without turning into a cluster fcuk.

The graphics are fine imo, to me its a very pretty looking game. Its not up there with the likes of mass effect but then again all mass effect did was skyboxes and lense flare.

Im a total gun nut so for me having kinect and gunsmith is a blast. Using the tony stark like interface is super fun , surprisingly detailed and very functional in terms of really being able set up your load out to suit your style.

All in all its kept the authenticity right down to the little touches like the gear , vehicals and tactics. It looses the slower deliberate pace but replaces it with a more fluid fast pace. Swings and roundabouts really. Yeah we already have a lot of fast paced 3rd person shooters already, but none do it quite as well as gr3. If your looking for a an idea of how to rate this game play spec ops the line demo on XBL (will be picking that up too) and then play GR3. You'll get a good feel then for how well gr3 was put together.

After having spent a few days on the Multiplayer now, I'm must say I'm really enjoying it.
    The modes are well considered. All objective based which is excellent (no one cares about KD).
    Seems to be a good balance in the weapons.
    It's very different to CoD and battlefield. Definitely closer to the previous GR and Rainbow 6 games.
    I agree with some of the complaints about the map sizes but it's definitely making it a more actioned packed experience so it's probably the correct decision.
    I'm so delighted to have a good alternative to CoD. Every time we think we can get a break from CoD we are disappointed (Battlefield and Brink for example).

The one caveat I would have is that you really need to be playing with a few mates. Playing on your own with poor squad-mates is a very frustrating experience. Team play is essential.

Playing on your own with poor squad-mates is a very frustrating experience. Team play is essential.

That is the one thing i hate about the multiplayer in this game, there are only gametypes suited to teams. No lone wolf types. This annoys me so much because it's practically impossible to find a decent team actually willing to take the objectives.

Also, the hit-boxes are buggy as hell. The head shot zone is incredible small while the body shot zone is too large.

That is the one thing i hate about the multiplayer in this game, there are only gametypes suited to teams. No lone wolf types. This annoys me so much because it's practically impossible to find a decent team actually willing to take the objectives.

I guess that's what some people are looking for? Lot's of lone wolf going on in virtually all other MP shooters.

I guess that's what some people are looking for? Lot's of lone wolf going on in virtually all other MP shooters.

Yes, but developers have to cater for the needs of all people, and if they want to have any chance of stealing sales from the likes of CoD, they would need to have it.

It's just another feature that was left out of this rushed game. They've overlooked so many features and it seriously lacks polish.

• Advertisement

It's just another feature that was left out of this rushed game. They've overlooked so many features and it seriously lacks polish.

I'm not sure it lacks polish. I think the Multiplayer is a bit glitchy but I think that they will hopefully smooth that out over the next few weeks (remember how BF3 was the first week it came out).

What features are missing? It's got full co-op campaign, good variety of multiplayer modes and a really compelling Hoard type mode.
    Ok, something like Terrorist Hunt in Rainbow 6 would be nice but hopefully they can do that as DLC.

I'd like 60fps too but I think we'll be waiting for the next xbox/ps3 for someone other than CoD to nail that one.

Advertisement