Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEC SF: Clermont Auvergne vs Leinster; Sunday 29 April, KO 1600(CET); Live Sky Sports

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

And prediction, Leinster to win 17-13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Head says 20-15 to Clermont, heart is hoping for a Leinster win. Will be an immense atmosphere even though it's in Bordeaux.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

SOB to be back to his ball carrying best today

I can feel it in me waters

The break against the blues was an indicator!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Rickwellwood

Gwan Leinster - its vital Jamie gets involved early and stays full on all game - would worry that Darce will be targetted in midfield by Rougerie running all sorts of mad lines - best of luck to the lads in blue from here in the whesht - prediction Leinster by 3 - Gwan Leinster !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jaansu

I think this is our best back-row combination, SOB plays best at 6, hopefully Heaslip can continue to rediscover his best form and Jenno is a great operator at 7.

It'll be close but I reckon Leinster by 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    SOB to be back to his ball carrying best today

I can feel it in me waters

The break against the blues was an indicator!

I feel the same. SOB is due a big 2011-type game. It's not that he has been bad because he hasn't, he's generally been fantastic. I just have a feeling that he will punching holes through the French all day today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

To all the people who are talking up Clermont making out they are some sort of world beaters-they only beat Ulster in a game they had to win but Ulster didnt, at home, 19-15. Today Clermont will be playing the best team in Europe. Leinster will win this match I am sure of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jaansu

I hope you're right, Quint.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Quint2010 wrote: »
    To all the people who are talking up Clermont making out they are some sort of world beaters-they only beat Ulster in a game they had to win but Ulster didnt, at home, 19-15. Today Clermont will be playing the best team in Europe. Leinster will win this match I am sure of it.

I admire your confidence, but there is overestimating and underestimating, and I feel you are guilty of the latter. They are a classy team.

Still, so are we, but the last time we lost in Europe was against Clermont in France, so I'm only cautiously optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Just got matched on Betfair at 12/1 - Leinster winning margin >12.5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Bricking it here. Head says Clermont by 7 but who knows, if anyone is going to go over there and beat them, it'll be Leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Great preview here from Demented Mole blog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

I'm actually nervous!

Think I need to put on the Munster jersey and watch youtube clips of 06 and 08 to remind me of my loyalties!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

I'm feeling a bit sick...

Leinster to win but a hares breath 23-21

Definitely a small margin! Hopefully playing a team like Clermont will make them raise their game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

After going to Aviva to watch that crap yesterday I am looking forward to a good game.....pity I can't make it to France, even half drunk last night we where having second thoughts of just going to airport and getting on a plane over:D

COME ON LEINSTER

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I'm a Connacht fan and I'm bloody nervous!! I think its going to be very close, going to go for Leinster by 2 points, 23-21.

Come on Leinster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Cant say as I'm as nervous as most others. I'm confident enough of a Leinster win, I think the "home" advantage is being over hyped here and Leinster are a superior team. Leinster -6 @ 21/10 and -9 @ 3/1 is where my money is going. .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Leinster to do this by 5. Getting nervous though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

MungBean wrote: »
    Cant say as I'm as nervous as most others. I'm confident enough of a Leinster win, I think the "home" advantage is being over hyped here and Leinster are a superior team. Leinster -6 @ 21/10 and -9 @ 3/1 is where my money is going. .

Dont think the "home" is being over hyped. In Stade Micheline, Clermont are 40 something games unbeaten. They will have about 90% of the fans in the ground today.

Between 2010 and 2011, the Leinster v Toulouse semis had a 19 point swing. Both teams were quite similar bar sexton one year to the next.

Home adv is massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Heading to slatts now, can't feicin wait!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

crisco10 wrote: »
    Dont think the "home" is being over hyped. In Stade Micheline, Clermont are 40 something games unbeaten. They will have about 90% of the fans in the ground today.

Between 2010 and 2011, the Leinster v Toulouse semis had a 19 point swing. Both teams were quite similar bar sexton one year to the next.

Home adv is massive.

I know its a huge benefit to Clermont but its not their home fortress and Leinster dont easily crumble to an away crowd. To me its close but Leinster have it and they are a team who will close out a game, cant see them dithering about and leaving a score in it come 70 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

Can anyone recommend a good online link to watch the game?

In work for the day so hoping to watch it between serving customers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Gwan leinster! Leinster by 5, 17-22.

Just thinking through previous semis...

Every one had a moment where the match swung, its vital Leinster create a moment like that.

For example:

2011:
    Healy makes a ridiculous break, ends in scrum to Toulouse. Heike comes on forces penalty. Leinster go more than a score ahead for first time.

2010:
    Tight game in mucky conditions coming up to halftime, Reddan goes for the line but just gets the ball dislodged. Score would have put Leinster ahead at HT.

2009:
    Munster make a searing break through earls. Luke hauls him down inches from the line. Stringer finds Dowling for what should be a try to take the lead. Rocky smashes him and forces a turnover. (and yes Rocky was offside but worth the risk)

Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Tox56 wrote: »
    I admire your confidence, but there is overestimating and underestimating, and I feel you are guilty of the latter. They are a classy team.

Still, so are we, but the last time we lost in Europe was against Clermont in France, so I'm only cautiously optimistic.

Maybe I am. But the most important thing is that the team won't.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Leinster have only lost one away game all season, and that was way back at the start of September!

Clermont have lost 6 away games!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

crisco10 wrote: »
    Just thinking through previous semis...

Every one had a moment where the match swung, its vital Leinster create a moment like that.

For example:

2011:
    Healy makes a ridiculous break, ends in scrum to Toulouse. Heike comes on forces penalty. Leinster go more than a score ahead for first time.

2010:
    Tight game in mucky conditions coming up to halftime, Reddan goes for the line but just gets the ball dislodged. Score would have put Leinster ahead at HT.

2009:
    Munster make a searing break through earls. Luke hauls him down inches from the line. Stringer finds Dowling for what should be a try to take the lead. Rocky smashes him and forces a turnover. (and yes Rocky was offside but worth the risk)

Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!

The one that sticks out to me (not in a semi) was the final last year, Nacewa collects the high ball, Healy makes a big break and SOB runs 20 meters down the sideline dragging 3 NH players with him.

Yesterday that Pienaar run and kick off the scrum and follow up tackle into touch was a turning point too.

wrmwit wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good online link to watch the game?

In work for the day so hoping to watch it between serving customers!

Cant post streams here.

I heard that planet rugby can have informative discussions during the game though. ;)

Tox56 wrote: »
    The one that sticks out to me (not in a semi) was the final last year, Nacewa collects the high ball, Healy makes a big break and SOB runs 20 meters down the sideline dragging 3 NH players with him.

That was epic. ended in a NH player getting binned too. What really stood out though was Nacewa's field came after a few phases of aimless NH play. Maybe you were different, but I thought that Leinster were in the driving seat then. If you wanted a turning point, I would suggest half time! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Can Leinster get their high tempo game going. Can Clermont cope with it?

Can't wait for this match! Hopefully Leinster will win and set up a cracking final.

Advertisement