Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

TheStook wrote: »
    manual_man wrote: »
    lads I need a bit of advice I have a 75 euro treble on now the first two have come in the third is wigan or draw double chance (v Arsenal) estimated winnings if it comes through is 1188 euro so I'm thinking I should put some money on Arsenal to hedge my bet only thing Arsenal are crappy odds 1/4 though I checked and I can get them 8/13 for a half time result do ye think this is what I should do???

That's a sticky situation dude, but my advice would be to trust your initial instinct and leave it. At 1/4 you would need 300 quid on Arsenal to earn back your 75 stake so how much are you earning on the double if Wigan draw out of interest?

no wigan to draw or win is one bet odds were 11/4 I think, the other two bets were Liverpool Everton btts and Man City -1 which both came good earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Marseille to win the league cup @ 2.20

most important game of the season for Marseille, it's their only way to get into Europe next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭ConorBFC3

Didn't realise Montpellier were playing tomorrow. Hate that.

Now I've nothing to play around with tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

ConorBFC3 wrote: »
    Didn't realise Montpellier were playing tomorrow. Hate that.

Now I've nothing to play around with tonight.

Didn't realise it myself,have them doubled up with Dortmund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭ConorBFC3

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    Didn't realise it myself,have them doubled up with Dortmund.

Saw a good few posts about them in this thread earlier so just assumed it was on today.

Ah well, all up to them anyway. Remainder of my account is on them because Sunderland are useless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭pacquiao

Seems everyone is staying clear of barca tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

That's a sticky situation dude, but my advice would be to trust your initial instinct and leave it. At 1/4 you would need 300 quid on Arsenal to earn back your 75 stake so how much are you earning on the double if Wigan draw out of interest?

Not the best advice imo, he's in a situation where he can guarantee a return,

even at 1/4 he's guaranteed to be in profit, if I was in you position i'd be on Arsenal for 600 or 700 straight win.

you may aswel be printing money

even at 1/4 he's guaranteed to be in profit, if I was in you position i'd be on Arsenal for 600 or 700 straight win.

I can get evens on wigan +2. or 2/5 on wigan +3. gives me something to chew on, though of course I'm aware I then run the risk of losing more than my original stake, and not winning a jot. might sleep on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

As TB said id guarantee as much profit as i could if i were you. Dont let the United result sway it, united simply didnt show up. Arsenal could quite easily destroy Wigan. Good luck anyways:)

As TB said id guarantee as much profit as i could if i were you. Dont let the United result sway it, united simply didnt show up. Arsenal could quite easily destroy Wigan. Good luck anyways:)

I know what you're saying but I think to say United didn't show up is a bit unfair on Wigan I saw the match they simply didn't let United play also they were extremely unlucky not to come away with a result against Chelsea, anyway we'll see, I haven't decided anything yet, there's worse conundrums to be in I suppose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Cormo87

Barcelona 1-0 down @ 7/5 worth a few quid 40 mins left

Marseille to win the league cup @ 2.20

most important game of the season for Marseille, it's their only way to get into Europe next season.

Happy with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Cormo87

Cormo87 wrote: »
    Barcelona 1-0 down @ 7/5 worth a few quid 40 mins left

Get in Great price on Barca

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

anyone fancy this :
    montpellier to win away
    villareal to win at home
    malaga to win at home
    all at 5.06 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I can get evens on wigan +2. or 2/5 on wigan +3. gives me something to chew on, though of course I'm aware I then run the risk of losing more than my original stake, and not winning a jot. might sleep on it
    I'll do a stats check 4 u. From my memory though Wigan havnt been handed to many heavy beatings lately so I'd be inclined to take the wigan +2 at evs
    Wigan +2 has come in for wigans last 4 away games (2 of them games were against Liverpool and Chelsea) They are scrapping for their lives. If u were prepaid to put wigan DNB as part of a 75 accum tbh mate I think u have to have the bottle to hedge on the wigan +2. Good luck w it anway. Hope u bait the bookies

• Registered Users Posts: 53,933 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ajax to win By 4 Or More Goals 11/10

Ajax on flying form and up against the worse team in the league, loving those odds

Man utd v villa

first goal after 27 mins 1/1
    Utd just not clicking uip front at the moment, very poor infact and villa will probably defend like beavers. Another nice bet

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

But if arsenal win by a few he will lose his €75 and whatever he on puts wigan +2, kinda making things more risky.

I have a small bet on arsenal -1 already but if I was in your situation I would put about €900 on arsenal

Headshot wrote: »
    Ajax to win By 4 Or More Goals 11/10

Ajax on flying form and up against the worse team in the league, loving those odds

Man utd v villa

first goal after 27 mins 1/1
    Utd just not clicking uip front at the moment, very poor infact and villa will probably defend like beavers. Another nice bet

Like the Ajax bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭The Irish Riddler

no wigan to draw or win is one bet odds were 11/4 I think, the other two bets were Liverpool Everton btts and Man City -1 which both came good earlier
    mad to bet on wigan getting points in this.

1188 on arsenal.

222 profit.

arsenal at HOME v wigan! 90% of the time i will be right every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭The Irish Riddler

ConorBFC3 wrote: »
    Saw a good few posts about them in this thread earlier so just assumed it was on today.

Ah well, all up to them anyway. Remainder of my account is on them because Sunderland are useless.
    are you backing them solely based on what you read in this thread?

• Advertisement

Ajax By 4 Or More Goals @ 11/10
    Ajax v De Graafschap
    Winning Margin

Yes @ 8/13
    Tottenham v Chelsea
    Both Teams To Score

Celtic @ 4/9
    Celtic v Hearts
    Match Betting

Total stake € 5.00
    Estimated return € 24.50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

In hindsight, I agree with you, and also the fact that I thought Wigan were at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Celta Vigo v Deportivo la Coruña:
    Big top of table local derby in la segunda. Should be a fiery one and I think Depor will come out on top. Putting €10 on straight win at 21/10 and €15 on Depor DNB at 5/4

double:
    Under 2.5 in Daugava v Skonto (Latvian league)
    Under 2.5 in Anzhi v Dinamo Moscow
    @ 2.59

single:
    BTTS in Lille v Ajaccio @ 2.10

Lille are missing quite a few players for this game: Debuchy, Pedretti, Balmont and De Melo, they're coming off a shock defeat vs Brest (a very poor team). Ajaccio score in almost every game, they even scored away to PSG, I can definitely see them score at least one goal in this game.

Ever since Hiddink took over Anzhi, all of Anzhi's games have gone under 2.5, it's a very important game for Anzhi if they want to get into Europe next season.

Games between Skonto and the other top Latvian teams almost always go under 2.5.
    head to head stats: http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2011/06/26/latvia/virsliga/skonto-fc/fc-daugava-daugavpils/1090140/head2head/

and a treble:
    Under 2.5 in Daugava v Skonto
    Montpellier DNB
    PSG DNB
    @ 3.05

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭Del007

single:
    BTTS in Lille v Ajaccio @ 2.10
    /

Where did you get those odds?

Del007 wrote: »