Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Roverek wrote: »
    And I know social worker, she gets 50000 a year working from 9-4pm. Sorry she is at work from 9-4pm. She is working 3 h daily the most with 2 months holidays. She helps poor families. She thought Chlid Benefit was 140 a week, just to mention one of her believes. PS are overpaid ignorants employed by Mr Nepotism living in the LooLoo land.
    €50k for a social worker???
    Clucking Bell as the saying goes.
    Is it any wonder we're ****ed?
    My sister in law went on maternity leave recently, a teacher, she is on that until the holidays, then she takes a break from maternity leave and gets her holiday pay and then back on the maternity leave when school starts again.
    Crazy country!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

mikom wrote: »
    Shortly followed by the pro-tax shills morphing into pumpkins.

If they morphed into €100 notes they'd be of more use.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,897 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

paddy147 wrote: »
    Minister Sh1tter asked on RTE Radio/RTE News and in the daily mail the other day,and he said when asked about the prospect of people still being jailed......"possibly,lets see what happnes".

I will do the jail time.Ive no fear of standing up for what I believe in.

If he wants to make threats to try to scare people,than he better have the balls to go through with them too.

Lets see who has the balls now.:D

Don't forget to tell the judge what jail you want to go to and for how long. Apparently it's the way now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

hondasam wrote: »
    I cannot see anyone getting fined tbh.
    Why not?
    It seems pretty clear that enforcement is going to be required and I expect to see councils, facing a funding shortfall, pushing for robust enforcement.

I think fines are inevitable, but I don't think courts are going to be imposing the maximum allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Roverek

Vizzy wrote: »
    If you goin to make up lies,at least base the lies on some form of truth
    *shakes head*
    The opinion of PS is not valid in the real world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

dvpower wrote: »
    I think attachment orders are available under the Fines Act - take it out of their bank accounts or earnings.

They cannot take it from our wages at the moment, legislation is needed afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Good to hear that people on the live register are 1st in the queue for new jobs! What a muppet that man is!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

alastair wrote: »
    No you won't.

Forum heroics? Probably.
    Jail? No.

Yep,that must be it.

Thats why so many people said no today.

Im just a big scaredy cat who will now pay up ist thing Monday morning,because Im now a criminal for not paying up,and am getting fined.

Oh god Im shaking in my shoes here.:D:D

I see you have surfaced out of Endas ar5e again.;)

Tell me why Enda so quickly skipped the household charge in his speech??

DV was in that little podium thing like that scene in police academy........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Why not?
    It seems pretty clear that enforcement is going to be required and I expect to see councils, facing a funding shortfall, pushing for robust enforcement.

I think fines are inevitable, but I don't think courts are going to be imposing the maximum allowed.

I just cannot see them doing this. They will have to think of something else.
    Roverek wrote: »
    The opinion of PS is not valid in the real world.

This is your opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Enda Kenny
    The most precious place they will have in their lives, their own homes.

So lets tax people based on having one.

Why not?

Yep so Dublin City Council wont be open for business on Monday morning so.

Never again will we see a road sweeper or a council van cleaning out the liter bins again in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

gerryo777 wrote: »
    My sister in law went on maternity leave recently, a teacher, she is on that until the holidays, then she takes a break from maternity leave and gets her holiday pay and then back on the maternity leave when school starts again.
    Crazy country!

I actually heard of someone who timed her pregnancy to take advantage of this situation with Summer holidays.Only in Ireland.

It's stuff like this that leads to so much money being wasted in the country yet they turn to all of us to foot the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Yep,that must be it.

Thats why so many people said no today.

Im just a big scaredy cat who will now pay up ist thing Monday morning,because Im now a criminal for not paying up,and am getting fined.

Oh god Im shaking in my shoes here.:D:D

You'll pay up when the demand comes through with late penalties attached. Or you'll delude yourself further that you don't have to pay, and you'll build up additional fines. You'll pay up in the end when they take it from you, or reality sinks in. The shaking in your shoes is purely optional.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

I'm watching this to see what he has to say to us about the household charge.

if history tells us anything, his speech will be about health reform in the US of A, The presidential election later this year and his big line will be "yes we can"

Well he does plagerise all of Obama's speech writers :rolleyes:

Can anyone tell me where Endas "sacrafice" is then...to get the country back up and running??

Oh yeah I forgot,he only using 250,000 euro for this FG knees up/party.

Thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I've just paid this basterdin' charge online....now if you'll excuse me, i'm off for a shower, I suddently feel dirty

There is nothing in the Household Charge legislation that allows for automatic attachment orders, but, as I understand it, anyone prosecuted for non registration can be fined and have an attachment order made against them, for the payment of that fine, by a court, under the Fines Act 2010 (linky)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

No you won't.

Forum heroics? Probably.
    Jail? No.

So how exactly are they going to implement this further to what they already have done? You say that people won't be sent to jail, will you stand by that when the final straws have been clutched at, and the invariable threats of being sent to jail appear?

What are they going to do? Seriously.. recover it from source? If they do or even threaten to do so; then I'll stop paying and declaring myself liable to pay any other tax which is remotely possible to avoid.

I'm beyond giving a **** about the effect that has on everyone else, or on this joke of a republic.

You are correct but not new legislation, an amendment to the Fines Act of 2010. It's surprising that it wasn't included originally.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/news/home-charge-fines-will-be-taken-from-pay-182712.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭.17hmr

not going to be bullied into some thing and i dont care who tells me .

You'll pay up when the demand comes through with late penalties attached. Or you'll delude yourself further that you don't have to pay, and you'll build up additional fines. You'll pay up in the end when they take it from you, or reality sinks in. The shaking in your shoes is purely optional.

Yep,you are right,you know everything about the future,you even know what happanes to me in the future too.

Are you the terminator by any chance??

Tell me,whats its like in the year 2015???

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Can anyone tell me where Endas "sacrafice" is then...to get the country back up and running??

Oh yeah I forgot,he only using 250,000 euro for this FG knees up/party.

Thats all.

I'd have thought that pumping €250 grand into the local economy would be a good thing?

I just cannot see them doing this. They will have to think of something else.
    How do you expect it to play out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Just caught the last 5 mins of that lying,filthy bastard Kennys speech and the standing ovation. WTF? Are they really that deluded? Are they really that pleased with themselves? I`m so pissed off I can barely type. Fucking hell we`re all doomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭emo72

If the election of 2007 is not relevant does that mean we won't see Enda's quote from 1994 on this thread again?

all anybody can do is judge them by their actions, not their words. obviously they said things to grab power. voting for FF FG Labour Greens, is an illusion of choice.nothing will ever change with them in power.

never voted for any of them. maybe there will be a more people coming around to my way of thinking next time. oh and i havent a clue what enda said in 94.

in the history of boards threads, has there ever been a consensus reached?

You are correct but not new legislation, an amendment to the Fines Act of 2010. It's surprising that it wasn't included originally.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/news/home-charge-fines-will-be-taken-from-pay-182712.html
    Proper little dictatorship we're turning into now, aren't we?
    Attachment orders,changing laws to 'find out where you live' etc etc, while the w***ers wh screwed the country stroll around playing golf in wicklow or hide out in america or retire with a €150,000 pension that we pay for.
    Great little country alright!

I'd have thought that pumping €250 grand into the local economy would be a good thing?

So why did he cancel that last "pat on the back" party/knees up then???

Tell me that one Terminator.

emo72 wrote: »
    all anybody can do is judge them by their actions, not their words. obviously they said things to grab power. voting for FF FG Labour Greens, is an illusion of choice.nothing will ever change with them in power.

never voted for any of them. maybe there will be a more people coming around to my way of thinking next time. oh and i havent a clue what enda said in 94.

in the history of boards threads, has there ever been a consensus reached?

I wonder in the history of a Boards poll has there ever been one that reflects the real world? This one is shaping up to be way off kilter with reality as well.

• Advertisement

So what "sacrifices" is Enda or the rest of the front benchers personally making then,for the good of the country???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement