Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spartacus: Vengeance [Starz - US] *Spoilers!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Anyone know why they got rid of the old Navea, the new one is hopeless. I start getting irritated when she comes on screen, useless lump.

While doubtless we would all have liked to see the original actress continue on in the role I fail to see where all the hate for the new actress is coming from she is no better or worse then who she replaced imo , we were just more attached to that actress due to the 18 odd episodes she was in versus the what 3 episodes this one has been in the role.
    MungBean wrote: »
    Great episode. Ending was brilliant, I thought sure Gannicus was gonna walk into a trap with Ashur waiting for him.

That brawl started off great, Crixus laughing then seeing Naevia and losing the head. Then Skeletor face just has to be involved and magically develops master hand to hand combat skills to go along with it. Would she not just fcuk off ? She's a shít character, she can act for shít and everything she does in the show is over the top, stupid and shít. Grrrrrr :mad:

Ps. I hate her and she's shít :mad:

While I don't share your hate or Mira I agree its a bit of an ask to have us believe a house body slave could hold her own against a wild germanic wench.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Anyone know why they got rid of the old Navea, the new one is hopeless. I start getting irritated when she comes on screen, useless lump.
    she had a falling out with the pruducer over $$$, see thought seeing as her caracter was so well liked she could squeez more cash out of them, needless to say she was wrong,

also she only got 2 eps in CSI:NY:D,

a good episode, i pitty poor gannacus having to deal with illithia now, he has no idea what hes in for, it would have been so much easier and painless to kill glaber:D

that was some swordsmanship outta sparty,

no bath for illithis and lucretia this week dirty whores;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

As usual for a Spartacus series it has taken a few episodes to take off, but it's brilliant once it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I echo the frustration regarding the Mira situation. She was a fairly likeable and good character in the first season but they have turned her into a charicature of "strong" women and it's just laughable.

It's just so silly what they keep doing. Five minutes in, they rescue Agron's homies on the boat and we see a blonde chick and I'm thinking "Great, some girl for Mira to beat up later in the episode" and just groaning to myself.

She weighs about 100 pounds soaking wet, has been a slave all her life and suddenly she can tangle with roman soldiers and men four times her size and the men "need her" to help them bring down the arena. It's just stupid.

They should have just run with the Archery angle. That would be more satisfactory. Have her become an expert in that. Thats what weak soldiers did in army's......become archers. It's the perfect fit as she can still take part in the fight scenes but it doesn't become a joke. I just wish they wouldn't keep slamming her down our throats. 90% of the audience is men so I don't know why they think they need a warrior woman. The strongest woman in the show has never held a sword. That speaks volumes.

Overall, Ashur is the man and I hope he is around for many seasons to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,316 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Kirby wrote: »
    90% of the audience is men so I don't know why they think they need a warrior woman. The strongest woman in the show has never held a sword.

well they do have a warrior princess and she definitely held a sword ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,312 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Good episode tonight. Spartacus new recruits seem to have put in some serious gym time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Good episode tonight. Spartacus new recruits seem to have put in some serious gym time.

Which only serves to highlight how unripped Liam McIntyre is sadly , dude better bulk up inbetween seasons 2-3.

Which only serves to highlight how unripped Liam McIntyre is sadly , dude better bulk up inbetween seasons 2-3.

Yeah he does need to pack on some muscle all right, although the guy he killed must have been about 6ft6 so anyone was going to look small compared to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Goldstein wrote: »
    "I would send message of our own" ~ Spartacus

He doesn't fu©k about, does he? :D

Apparently Gannicus doesn't fu©k about when sending messages either! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Apparently Gannicus doesn't fu©k about when sending messages either! ;)

Gannicus: I have your woman outlander !

• Advertisement

I assume there will be another series? Anyone hear anything about this?

I assume there will be another series? Anyone hear anything about this?

I imagine there won't be news on this for quite a while until the viewing figures for this season are in and can be contemplated by network types

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Just popped up on Facebook there that some fella (can't remember his name lol) is playing Julies ceaser in seris 3.

How many more episodes to go in this seris?

Just popped up on Facebook there that some fella (can't remember his name lol) is playing Julies ceaser in seris 3.

Caesar ????

:eek:

EPIC!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think the main problem with the new Navea isn't so much the actress but how she's been introduced. For the first couple of episodes she was in she was all moany and crying, which was to be expected. But it just wouldn't win us over.

This happened before with me when I was watching the second Mortal Kombat movie. It wasn't a great movie overall but they had a new actress for Sonya and all she did was moan and cry which made it hard to like her.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Todd Lasance, he played Aden Jeffries in Home and Away, decent actor and quite heavily muscled, so suited for the series alrite.

Think there are 10 episodes in the current season, so 3 left!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Season 3 casting news + characters: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/13/spartacus-vengence-2/

Thought episode 8 was a bit poor. The fight scene at the exchange was weird, the arrows flying around seemed really off or something. Music was slow and dull too. Very slow and clumsy looking.

Naevia all of a sudden an elite warrior bloodying Crixus the champion of Capua in combat after about a week of training. Which is nice for her, picking up the old swordplay as well as Mira did with the bow and arrow. Herself and an old man are apparently all thats needed for backup in case a swap with a sneaky Roman goes awry and he unleashes a wagon of Gladiators and brings along a small army.

The whole episode seemed off to me, perhaps its because I'm actually starting to actively dislike the new Spartacus. I cant get behind Liam at all, I think he's terrible. Standing with Agron, Crixus and Gannicus he just seemed so out of place. The flash back to the sex scene they re shot with him instead of Andy just highlighted the fact that he's not Andy more than it linked him to the first series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Is she not already in the cast? I think she is one of the newly arrived slaves, the one that was eyeing up Gannicus in the recent episode.

I thought this week's episode was good, the scenes in Capua are still by far the strongest. Ashur, Glaber and Lucretia are the best characters at the moment. Be interesting to see Seppia's reaction now she knows Glaber was behind her brother's death, great piece of revenge by Lucretia revealing the secret. Am liking Liam's Spartacus more and more each week, certainly growing into the role. The only character I dislike is Mira, and that is due to the fact she is forced down our throats as some sort of warrior hero.

Does anyone know how many episodes are in this season?

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many episodes are in this season?

10, two episode left.

^ did someone mention the lack of Sepia nudity/boobs-a-hoy?....well episode 8 fixed this nicely :-)

^ did someone mention the lack of Sepia nudity/boobs-a-hoy?....well episode 8 fixed this nicely :-)
    she got em out in ep 7 richard, are you actually watching this show or just tracking it

also shes no illithia or lucretia :D

don ramo wrote: »
    she got em out in ep 7 richard, are you actually watching this show or just tracking it

also shes no illithia or lucretia :D

Tracking, actually not seen a single ep. of season 2....have 'em all saved, lots of catching up to do on other shows, Sparty is last on the list :)

Tracking, actually not seen a single ep. of season 2....have 'em all saved, lots of catching up to do on other shows, Sparty is last on the list :)
    well i have heard that wizards of waverly place has been fairly epic this season :D:D

I do kid :)

don ramo wrote: »
    well i have heard that wizards of waverly place has been fairly epic this season :D:D

I do kid :)

Cheers...downloading now! :D

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

That was just epic. Glaber going even more evil,Illithia back, then Seppia and Vurinius, and then the fight at the end. Shame the season is almost over. Wonder what is in store for the final episode since 1st season and Gods of the Arena had brilliant finales

titan18 wrote: »
    That was just epic. Glaber going even more evil,Illithia back, then Seppia and Vurinius, and then the fight at the end. Shame the season is almost over. Wonder what is in store for the final episode since 1st season and Gods of the Arena had brilliant finales
    no doubth something we wont want to wait 6 months to see:D:p

brilliant episode, did anyone get dizzy when the camera spun on sepia at the water,

gotta give it to illithia and lucretia they are pure evil together poor sepia to stupid to see she was just a pawn, its a very interesting story also having that snake ashur commanding lucretia around and telling her shell be his wife, i kinda feel sorry for her:D,

i do wonder if they are underplaying spartacus this season on order to introduce us to the many new cast of caracters that come onboard this season, i know its a ensemble cast, and the show is only called spartacus he isnt the main caracter merely the leader of the rebels, but i do think he has been underused this season more so than what i expected,

far to much penis in that episode and not near enough boobage:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is it me or did Varinius look like a young Peter O'Toole?

Advertisement