Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

When I was a kid my father and grandmother had an argument about Eamon De Valera.

My aul lad brought up the subject of Eamon De Valera letting his own men die on hunger strike.

My grandmothers retort was (and I paraphrase) " that couldnt be right, eamon de valera got communion every morning"

Almost the exact same argument that yur man was trotted out 30 years ago

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

even Joe got bored with Gary ! :D

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The peace process was trotted out.

It was only a matter of time

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Still no anger

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Yes i too would put Bertie up there with Escobar

Except Escobar was shot and his body paraded through the streets to the joy of a repressed population......wonder if history could repeat itself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Wheres my outraged taxi driver? Havent had one on in ages.

Except Escobar was shot and his body paraded through the streets to the joy of a repressed population......wonder if history could repeat itself?

fingers crossed:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Well done this woman, very eloquent and concise.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It was only a matter of time

But as we know bert got it sorted in one year. Albert Reynolds. John major, John Hume, John Bruton did nothing before 1997

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

shockwave wrote: »
    Wheres my outraged taxi driver? Havent had one on in ages.

Oh god I hope the taxi driver poet doesn't get through, that was torture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

*Joe sighs.............

*Sure what can you do????????......Dying babies....ya di ya di ya.......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

I really hate little sympathisers like yer man earlier giving Ahern maximum credit for the North.

The groundwork was down to the Reynolds and Major governments that made the real steps to getting the likes of the IRA and UVF to declare ceasefires, and also make Adams and Paisley become more conciliatory figures overtime.

Of course, the Good Friday Agreement negotiations in 1998 weren't a walk in the park, but both Ahern and Blair have loved to milk their level of importance in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

dvcireland wrote: »
    "....you might get a buke out of this yet...."

2008-04-bertie-ahern--cecelia-ahern.jpg

She would have got no were with her books only for her corrupt father and who he was at the time..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

telekon wrote: »
    Well done this woman, very eloquent and concise.

And very quickly moved on too. :mad:

Bean ?

beanman.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Bertiebasher

I really hate little sympathisers like yer man earlier giving Ahern maximum credit for the North.

The groundwork was down to the Reynolds and Major governments that made the real steps to getting the likes of the IRA and UVF to declare ceasefires, and also make Adams and Paisley become more conciliatory figures overtime.

Of course, the Good Friday Agreement negotiations in 1998 weren't a walk in the park, but both Ahern and Blair have loved to milk their level of importance in this.

And mo mowlan.

Bertie - best at the very least, should have to pay his own costs...get it him where it hurts.. his pocket. Hope Revenue/CAB go after the toe rag too. Has he got a tax clearance certificate yet - NO

how he treated that Grainne one, was a disgrace too ! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

All that Sterling cash that Bertie had came in handy for a few pints when the lads were up North though.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭big_heart_on

I cant believe they havent had any calls from people as angry as I am about the Failures.

I watched people suffer their last in Irish hospitals that were falling to bits under Haughey and Ahern, while those ******* were lining their pockets and living like kings.

The Fail party should be a proscribed(?) organisation like the IRA and such, they did more harm to my family and future. In fairness they didnt kill people directly, they just let them die through negligence on trolleys or understaffed wards run by student nurses, which is much less news worthy.

Why wasnt Rupbert Murdoch called by the Inquiry?

.........follow the money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

• Advertisement

Threatened to pull out of Harney:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

patwicklow wrote: »

You saying whitewash Pat?

I cant believe they havent had any calls from people as angry as I am about the Failures.

I watched people suffer their last in Irish hospitals that were falling to bits under Haughey and Ahern, while those ******* were lining their pockets and living like kings.

The Fail party should be a proscribed(?) organisation like the IRA and such, they did more harm to my family and future. In fairness they didnt kill people directly, they just let them die through negligence on trolleys or understaffed wards run by student nurses, which is much less news worthy.

To my mind FF are the irish equivalent of the nazi party.

The nazi party were disbanded for the damage they did to Germany for crimes (albeit on a far greater scale) that led to the countrys ruination.

The same fate should befall FF.

Perhaps the comparison is a little harsh and the FFpary did not start any wars bit their effect on irish life and culture has been detrimental nonetheless

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I want to see that painting on Joes auction!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Holy picture with Bertie!!!!!!! LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Does religion get pulled into every conversation on Liveline of late?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I'm falling asleep here.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Bertiebasher

Well said, this guy.

We do need a bit more anger tho.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Threatened to pull out of Harney:eek:

I just snorted tea out my nose :pac:

• Advertisement

Michael Woods did that rotten deal with the church

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement