Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**READ**Declaration of SU Allegiances 2012 - DISCUSSING ELECTION WITHOUT POSTING HERE

Options
  • 04-03-2012 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭

Declaration of SU Allegiances 2012 - POSTING IN ELECTION THREAD WITHOUT POSTING HERE FIRST = BAN
    The NUIG SU election time has rolled around again. Please read the following post carefully and abide by that which you find in it so that our little forum can continue in relative peace....

If you wish to post in the SU election thread you must first post here and state which, if any, candidates or campaigns you are affiliated/related/best mates with. You are not required to state who you like and want to vote for in this thread. You may state those wishes/opinions in the actual SU election thread:)

If someone is engaging in discussion without posting here, they will be banned after that post, to expire the day after the elections - that ban can be lifted if they PM myself or musical.x any affiliations and agree to post them here once ban is lifted.

If you post here indicating you are unaffliated to any of the candidates and this later transpires to be untruthful or misleading a considerably lengthier ban will be forthcoming..

If you feel that this is unfair or restrictive for whatever reasons well then you have 2 options which are
    a) Be truthful to avoid any bans
    b) Don't post in the SU elections thread

Thank you:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Reillyman = Paul Curley's team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Not affiliated with anyone. And I'm going to take this opportunity to state how ridiculous I think this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I personally like Curley, O'Brien, Fennelly, McCarthy, Stitt, Kitt, Allen and Adebari.

However, I'm supporting Stitt and will be canvassing for him during the week.
    Still undecided for president and will probably vote for Allen for Welfare, although I'm not involved in his campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Unaffiliated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Supporting Will O'Brien for President, Evelyn Fennelly for Education and Sarah McCarthy for Welfare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭carolmarx

Agreed with cosmicfrog..ridiculous.

Moving on,

STITT for education, will be campaigning for him also.

Allen/McCarthy for Welfare (undecided)

Will O'Brien for President.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Ruire

I'm Voting For Ron Paul

Seriously though; Undecided, Stitt (1) Kitt (2), Allen.

Anyone but FEE, nearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Can candidates post?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Candidates can post in the thread but must not post to canvass for personal votes.

Just to explain again.......

Ye don't have to state who ye are considering voting for in this thread or even in the main SU election thread.

This thread is only for stating affiliations or non-affiliation to any of the candidates before discussing the election in the main thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

This is a bit silly.

Unaffiliated unless I get paid to say otherwise.

• Advertisement

Candidates can post in the thread but must not post to canvass for personal votes.

Just to explain again.......

Ye don't have to state who ye are considering voting for in this thread or even in the main SU election thread.

This thread is only for stating affiliations or non-affiliation to any of the candidates before discussing the election in the main thread

So PomBear must post here to say he is affiliated with himself, and while he is not allowed to ask anyone to vote for him in either thread, he is permitted to detail his policies, defend them, say he agrees with them, etc, and we get to base our decisions on those policies, yes?

Actually - are you confirming these "affiliations" with the candidates, or could I say I was campaigning for someone in order to lose them a few votes? People have adopted similar tactics in previous SU elections, especially behind the convenient anonymity of the internet.
    I know certain posters here "campaigning for" someone might persuade certain other posters not to vote for whoever they were "campaigning for".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

My Allegiance is to the King and by my sword I will protect him.

Stitt, Curley, Allen, dami

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭bildo

Presidential Candidate, Will O'Brien

Let the games begin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Manco

FEE abú

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Canvasser

As a member of Ógra FF i'd be quite friendly with Rory Kitt.

Apart from that I think the rest of em are useless quite frankly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Not affiliated with anyone. And I'm going to take this opportunity to state how ridiculous I think this is.
    This.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Ruire

Canvasser wrote: »
    As a member of Ógra FF i'd be quite friendly with Rory Kitt.

Apart from that I think the rest of em are useless quite frankly :)
    Lolz, troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

unaffiliated.

and i agree with ficheall, how is it possible to verify if somebody is affiliated with whoever they claim they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

bildo wrote: »
    Presidential Candidate, Will O'Brien

Let the games begin
    if this is just a game to you you've lost my vote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Unaffiliated.

Although if I'm honest I have seen more of O'Brien around the campus and I did witness a good bout of commitment on his part. Conor Stitt has been quite politically prominent, if that really means anything, but he appears to have good knowledge and a great level of dedication too. As regards Dami, I can't go on a lot to back up what impressions I have of him, but I can say he seems to be a highly pointless, flippant and frivolous candidate.

I haven't really had time to get into researching the candidates too much as it is a busy time of year for us BIS'ers, but I do agree with TheCosmicFrog's post earlier in the thread - still felt a need to contribute though...

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MissMoppet

Unaffiliated.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭PauricTheLodger

Kodos.

aka happily unaffiliated except for those damned Facebook group requests and posters I keep getting sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

No electoral affiliations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

No affiliation to any candidates.

+1 to this, ridiculous. I got banned from all of the nuigalway forum for not noticing the mod note and posting a comment on the thread!

J o e wrote: »
    I got banned from all of the nuigalway forum
    Would you believe, I did not even notice? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I was one of the roughest 30 minutes of my life. Frantic PMs to have my voice unmuffled as pressing threads sat unanswered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dreamer8700

Unaffiliated.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 IheartGOW

unaffiliated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Cathal O

unaffiliated

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement