Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Oldskool Appreciation Party - O.A.P's thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

aceberg wrote: »
    Cheers Key.I'll d/l it laters

Not a noom track as far as i know but on the mix, perhaps the greatest track never played in the ASYLUM due to it being a 95 track, well worthy of being an opening track to any set or closing one, i do remember in the Ormond one night the DJ must have had two copies cause it was mixed & replayed for a good 15 mins i reckon, i was outta me bin at the time so its hhard to say how long but it was defo two copies on the decks for ages,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Not a noom track as far as i know but on the mix, perhaps the greatest track never played in the ASYLUM due to it being a 95 track, well worthy of being an opening track to any set or closing one, i do remember in the Ormond one night the DJ must have had two copies cause it was mixed & replayed for a good 15 mins i reckon, i was outta me bin at the time so its hhard to say how long but it was defo two copies on the decks for ages,

Ha ha playing with your mind or maybe u wer just tripping....lol

Remember one nite tripping on dd strawberries.We wer in a gaf listening to the Floyd Beatles etc.Me m8 stuck on N0 9 by ht Beatles.John Lennon says ''No 9'' at the start of the song....but i heard it right tru the whole song.:eek:

Sorry the song is Revolution 9.Apperently he had a relationship with the no 9

http://www.rareexception.com/Garden/Beatles/Number9.php

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭francois

Not a noom track as far as i know but on the mix, perhaps the greatest track never played in the ASYLUM due to it being a 95 track, well worthy of being an opening track to any set or closing one, i do remember in the Ormond one night the DJ must have had two copies cause it was mixed & replayed for a good 15 mins i reckon, i was outta me bin at the time so its hhard to say how long but it was defo two copies on the decks for ages

I used to do that with that track

francois wrote: »
    I used to do that with that track

Now heres the insulting question*, did you play the Ormond?

*Never new who was playing in there when i was in there, or the olympic, asylum, sides etc, waterfront was the only place i knew who the dj's were on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭francois

Now heres the insulting question*, did you play the Ormond?

*Never new who was playing in there when i was in there, or the olympic, asylum, sides etc, waterfront was the only place i knew who the dj's were on stage.

More times then I can remember, did everything from the Elevator nights to the cream of dublin gigs and lots in between

• Advertisement

More times then I can remember, did everything from the Elevator nights to the cream of dublin gigs and lots in between

Must have been you so unless another Ormond DJ stole your trick, you had my heart at about 200BPM i would imagine, full on, no pretty boy/girl POD wasters dripping with sweat for that one:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 davii

So all the re-unions are doin the rounds heres one that is gonna be deadly.#

193135.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

all we need now, is an oldskool hardcore/jungle gig, and dublin has oldskool pretty much covered, apart from 80s house/techno.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 davii

es-cee wrote: »
    all we need now, is an oldskool hardcore/jungle gig, and dublin has oldskool pretty much covered, apart from 80s house/techno.

think i seen an 80,s house thing goin on on facebook look for retro dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

yeah was thinking that myself tbh, isn't she part of the new wave of female trance dj's doing the rounds these days :confused:

Don't get me wrong,she's sound,just when i seen the flyer i was like WTF!

• Advertisement

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong,she's sound,just when i seen the flyer i was like WTF!

got ya, guess it's part of the 'past, present & future' thing asylum are going by these days. anyway, i'm really undecided atm, i was pretty sure last night i wasn't gonna go. my best mate killed himself on paddy's day 2008, and i haven't done a tap on paddy's day since. but i might break the mold and get back into the swing of things, see how i feel in the week coming up to it. usually go out to his grave and that on the day which can be rather depressing if i'm honest, thinking bout old times like, but i might head in this year if i'm feeling up to it.
    will be avoiding any "nu-skool" trance like the plague tho, hate the stuff!!! miss feeney, and who ever else will be playing it on the night, can touch right on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

I'll be doing a UFO set, likes of Noom records etc, so if any of you are around say hello

I should be there alright, looks a great line up, but really like the other line up in the good bits a few days later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

wont be making an appearance myself, but some of you might be into this upcoming paddy's day gig.

How come Sean?. Is there any one else going from here?

Edit: just seen your post above...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

:D Now wouldn't that be something?!? ....... s'pose we can dream :rolleyes:

That gig on the 30th looks good, whats the venue like? anyone ever been there before?

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

What about I sort out an Asylum/Oldskool thread reunion some night in the coming weeks, I can open the thread for a few hours and you can all post to your hearts content. Now I can't promise there won't be admin intervention or some sht like that but you might just get to relive those moments again for one night only.......... :pac:

What about I sort out an Asylum/Oldskool thread reunion some night in the coming weeks, I can open the thread for a few hours and you can all post to your hearts content. Now I can't promise there won't be admin intervention or some sht like that but you might just get to relive those moments again for one night only.......... :pac:

This is a blatant attempt at a cheap PR stunt and trying to draw attention away from the very real issue! This is just typical of the kind of back handed stunt we in OAP have had to endure! Our members will not tolerate it and will resist this empty gesture (there isn't even a flyer for it :rolleyes:) and press on with our endeavour to have whats rightfully ours returned to it's rightful place.The OAP are commited to a peaceful resolution but we will not waiver in our persuit of goal!

sorry it's been a quiet week on the politics thread :D

EarlERizer wrote: »
    This is a blatant attempt at a cheap PR stunt and trying to draw attention away from the very real issue! This is just typical of the kind of back handed stunt we in OAP have had to endure! Our members will not tolerate it and will resist this empty gesture (there isn't even a flyer for it :rolleyes:) and press on with our endeavour to have whats rightfully ours returned to it's rightful place.The OAP are commited to a peaceful resolution but we will not waiver in our persuit of goal!

sorry it's been a quiet week on the politics thread :D

So not a runner then no? Ah well.... I had some DJs planned for the night, a few doves etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

The Elevator nights were superb and the Creme of Dublin nights were good too i must have seen you play there a few times but not as many as the Waterfront/Columbia Mills Alien on Fridays if memory serves me correctly.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

So not a runner then no? Ah well.... I had some DJs planned for the night, a few doves etc.

We will not be swayed by these cheap tictacs! some members of OAP are also DJ's and the doves can be obtained from our comrades in the PLU who incidentally have began an underground movement should the demands of OAP not be met! We are fully committed to our objective and our resolve will not be broken (a few minor back aches n stiff joints,some slight memory loss and possible incontenance maybe but nothing OT or Broken):D

As Ray Vaughan once said .....

"Something to arouse & indulge for those who identify ourselves as 'them',to want,just to want more,observe,witness the begining of the end,a clear line of no beats in time,a right to be wrong,storming impulses take you to a fusion of marvelous pleasure,hard excitement engages inner curiousity,lost in thought,submission to an aura of emotional lust,dominating powers entice the realms of reason,tied & bound only to to fulfill self enfused pleasure,without control,Help us! We are just Slaves to the Rave!"

The following is a party political broadcast in favour of the O.A.P.

Loving this tune atm ..... and the vid is class too!

pure quality \o/

We will not be swayed by these cheap tictacs! some members of OAP are also DJ's and the doves can be obtained from our comrades in the PLU who incidentally have began an underground movement should the demands of OAP not be met! We are fully committed to our objective and our resolve will not be broken (a few minor back aches n stiff joints,some slight memory loss and possible incontenance maybe but nothing OT or Broken):D

As Ray Vaughan once said .....

"Something to arouse & indulge for those who identify ourselves as 'them',to want,just to want more,observe,witness the begining of the end,a clear line of no beats in time,a right to be wrong,storming impulses take you to a fusion of marvelous pleasure,hard excitement engages inner curiousity,lost in thought,submission to an aura of emotional lust,dominating powers entice the realms of reason,tied & bound only to to fulfill self enfused pleasure,without control,Help us! We are just Slaves to the Rave!"

The following is a party political broadcast in favour of the O.A.P.

Fair enough, I didn't want to pull the last available tactic but looks like I've no choice - you've got it, the full & permanent deletion of the Asylum/Oldskool thread - stick that in your OAP pipe and smoke it :pac:

Oh and here is some scary music to listen to.

Fair enough, I didn't want to pull the last available tactic but looks like I've no choice - you've got it, the full & permanent deletion of the Asylum/Oldskool thread - stick that in your OAP pipe and smoke it :pac:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFyqzFXdcv6cyVJcsL1yIdlKsYsu-oV2QbUSiI7FNcYTRUrR9P

........... and that's why some of us are MOD's & some of us are OAP's!

eh ..........

"Further to the ongoing negotiations the members of OAP have decided forthwith to withdraw from conflict and set about achieving their goals via peaceful dialogue and the process of a united forum,we fully support the need and opportunity of a vibrant and fully active nuskool thread and hope that past historical documents can remain in the public conscience,available in permanent situe on page one of the EM&D forum" :o

Well I'm both, and not that good at being either.... :pac:

You do know that we can count reissues in the new & upcoming releases forum too? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Loving this tune atm ..... and the vid is class too!

pure quality \o/

Haven't heard that one in donkeys. Proper trance right there. Full version below.

Well I'm both, and not that good at being either.... :pac:

You do know that we can count reissues in the new & upcoming releases forum too? :eek:

I have an idea for a thread and I think it would make a great sticky too.I Dont think there's been one before but can I start a thread entitled Asylum/Oldskool :D ....just to post up some fav pages from around the forum *ahem* ....a few hundred pages not much ;) ..... I reckon it might be popular and who knows, it may last 5-6 years with loads of great music and stories...

• Advertisement

I have an idea for a thread and I think it would make a great sticky too.I Dont think there's been one before but can I start a thread entitled Asylum/Oldskool :D ....just to post up some fav pages from around the forum *ahem* ....a few hundred pages not much ;) ..... I reckon it might be popular and who knows, it may last 5-6 years with loads of great music and stories...

Yeah sounds good, there would have to be a bit of interest in that alright...

I wonder what the discussions will be like in about 30 years time - a few auld lads sitting on bar stools swigging pints of Guinness and reminiscing about the Asylum days... "sure jaysus in my day we used to get mad out of it, Warr-en K and that French lad Francois playing the acid trance music, used to be dancing till the wee hours of the morning, wee hours of the morning I tell ya..."

Advertisement