Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prsi contributions for social welfare

Options
  • 17-02-2012 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Am on unpaid maternity leave at the mo and not returning to work need to find a job closer to home as i have three young kids. My question is if i apply for sw benefits for this year 2012 what year do they use when seeing if i have enough prsi contributions to claim sw. Also i took the 16 weeks unpaid maternity leave so if i am not returning to work can i get my current employer to sign the for the tax credits im owed from being on unpaid maternity leave or what do i do?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

The qualifying year for claims in 2012 is 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 lukeab

Thanks very much mp22

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Lugh Ildanach

If you are not returning to work, this will be considered leaving your employment voluntarily. If you were considering applying for a Jobseekers payment, you may face disqualification for doing so.

Jobseekers payments also require that you be available for full-time work, so if you have given up full-time work to look after a child, then you would need to be able to show that you were stilll looking for alternative full-time work, and that you weren't restricting your jobseeking. For more info/guidance see here - http://www.welfare.ie/EN/OperationalGuidelines/Pages/jb_jobseekben.aspx#availfulltime

Advertisement