Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

swtor boredom

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've not had a crafting popup in combat since the last patch. Happened a few times last night where as soon as i went out of combat, the window popped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

TheDoc wrote: »
    The lads did Eternity Vault last night

Hmm, could be a bug with raiding then perhaps?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

3. The insane amount of instances when you travel between planets..

travel to spaceport, run though huge ass spaceport to lift, lift to hangar, run through huge ass hanger to shuttle to orbital dock, run though orbital dock to ship, run through ship, use galaxy map, run through ship to orbital dock, run through dock to shuttle to planet, lift to spaceport

Couldnt agree more, absolutley idiotic, what were they thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Lots of bugs and the fact you have to see the loading screen every 20 seconds to get anywhere is unbelievable.

I planned on being a master Crafter and owning the Auction house in this game but with the state of that Auction House i doubt anyone has the time for it.

Cancelled my sub.
    It's really disappointing.

But now the short wait for Guild Wars 2 :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive already gone back to rift after 10 months away and delighted i did [was always gonna be rift or wow but played wow to death]
    Makes a LOL of swtor tbh, roll on GW2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

nesf wrote: »
    That had been fixed for me while I was in combat since the last mini-patch. This was more than a few days ago for you?

happened all through raiding last night and heroics today. It aint fixed.

In fact the companion window takes priority over everything in the game, including cs tickets :(

If I'm honest with my self I'm starting to get bored with SWTOR. The quests are starting to meld into one and don't have any real impact anymore. Space quests are generic and repetitive and the complete lack of polish makes me want to go back to WoW.

I have a beast of a machine and this game still makes it struggle at times, and despite this it doesn't in my opinion look dramatically better than WoW.

I think WoW gave me MMO saturation, and SWTOR isn't doing enough to make me want to come back. Add to that an unresponsive UI / game experience and no amount of "story" is going to keep me playing.

Am 46 now and getting bored, will push to 50 and gear up a little before I close the book on the game. For the record, once I quit an MMO - I don't go back. The only exception was WoW - went back mid WOTLK just to defeat Arthas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I have to admit SWTOR is starting to get a bit boring for me. I'm at level 33 and it feels more like a single player Xbox game then an MMO. I've paid til the end of Feb so, I'll try and get to 50. After that I think I'm done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

God, I'm bored.

Outside of raid times (Which i enjoy, even though nearly every fight is a buggy POS), I find myself jumping around on the republic fleet watching companion progress bars fill up. I have an alt which i really only have to level another profession. Playing the same planets again and again (i tried rolling 2 alts, but of course realised the levelling path was the exact same so gave up on the second) is just killing my urge to log in.

It's just like wow. Wait, no. It's just like wow was after playing it for 5 years or more. The first 5 years or so, there was never a shortage of things to do. Admittedly, I ended up jumping around IF or SW for nearly a year but i think you'd accept that after so long.

Of our guild, roughly 15 could be considered serious players. 2 quit on reaching 50, 3 havent even reached 50 (at least 1 because he cant get into the game), 2 quit while levelling due to frustration at design and bugs and at least 2 arent renewing their subs when they run out. Ill be surprised if more than 3 of us are still playing in 2 or 3 months time. Im pretty sure i wont be at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Dustaz wrote: »
    God, I'm bored.

Outside of raid times (Which i enjoy, even though nearly every fight is a buggy POS), I find myself jumping around on the republic fleet watching companion progress bars fill up. I have an alt which i really only have to level another profession. Playing the same planets again and again (i tried rolling 2 alts, but of course realised the levelling path was the exact same so gave up on the second) is just killing my urge to log in.

It's just like wow. Wait, no. It's just like wow was after playing it for 5 years or more. The first 5 years or so, there was never a shortage of things to do. Admittedly, I ended up jumping around IF or SW for nearly a year but i think you'd accept that after so long.

Of our guild, roughly 15 could be considered serious players. 2 quit on reaching 50, 3 havent even reached 50 (at least 1 because he cant get into the game), 2 quit while levelling due to frustration at design and bugs and at least 2 arent renewing their subs when they run out. Ill be surprised if more than 3 of us are still playing in 2 or 3 months time. Im pretty sure i wont be at this point.

Me, and I'd say after leaving the current 60 day card run out, I wont resub. Have had no urge to log in this week, preferring to go play WoW and league of legends.

Pity, who knows maybe down the line something will happen to make the game more enjoyable and more of an MMO.

I've encountered two Sith on my journey so far....two...in a brand new MMO.

I've barely come accross other players during my levelling. Feels like kotor3, a single player RPG, and to be fair ag ood one.

But its not an mmo, and I'm not paying a fee per month to play a single player RPG...

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Me, and I'd say after leaving the current 60 day card run out, I wont resub. Have had no urge to log in this week, preferring to go play WoW and league of legends.
    Pity, who knows maybe down the line something will happen to make the game more enjoyable and more of an MMO.
    I've encountered two Sith on my journey so far....two...in a brand new MMO.
    I've barely come accross other players during my levelling. Feels like kotor3, a single player RPG, and to be fair ag ood one.
    But its not an mmo, and I'm not paying a fee per month to play a single player RPG...

I am the exact same. I have no longing to play it. Yet i still get pangs for Galaxies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

Yet i still get pangs for Galaxies.

You can still play the original SWG (before all the crap) via some private servers.
    There's barely anyone ever on them though and tbh, the private server implementations are fairly lacklustre.

Advertisement