Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should the Irish army invade the North?

Options
  • 09-01-2012 2:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

I am making this thread to see what everyone on after hours thinks of this idea. I personally think they should as it would achieve the dreams of the founders of the state and all those who died for Irish freedom
    Fell free to say anything you like

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

you're silly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭RickRoll

Yeah then the British army will invade the Republic and kill all in sight. Great idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

you go first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

I am making this thread to see what everyone on after hours thinks of this idea. I personally think they should as it would achieve the dreams of the founders of the state and all those who died for Irish freedom

bollox cunt fuck arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Ok then! Your idea is idiotic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭nyan warrior

RickRoll wrote: »
    Yeah then the British army will invade the Republic and kill all in sight. Great idea.
    They couldnt do that It would result in International condemnation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Na. They'd be repelled by both Catholics and Protestants because the English underwrite their failed state economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Bit late now.

and us invading another country wouldnt?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Yep. We're gonna need a bigger rolleyes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭RickRoll

And they would give us a clap for doing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

and us invading another country wouldnt?

OP's too busy thinking of the pain of being a pop tart cat whilst shooting a rainbow out it's ar$e to think about the details.

Do you want a 32 county republic ? And if that meant joining the army to get it,the army might be big enough to take the north

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

If you want a war your in luck because world war 3 could start soon :\

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Are you simple?
    Northern Ireland will remain in place until the people decide to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Think i have entered a wormhole thread and been transported back to the 70's.

If you want a war your in luck because world war 3 could start soon :\
    If ww3 did start it would be an ideal oppurtunity to take back the north

Do you want a 32 county republic ? And if that meant joining the army to get it,the army might be big enough to take the north

i want to shite gold bars everytime i go to the toilet but its not going to happen is it?

i want to sh[SIZE="2"]i[/SIZE]te gold bars everytime i go to the toilet but its not going to happen is it?
    Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Not with the higher VAT rate - your liberation plans would mean paying more for a pound of butter for the people of Northern Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Vomit

Why? So we'll have even more coastline and airports from which to emigrate?

stoneill wrote: »
    Not with the higher VAT rate - your liberation plans would mean paying more for a pound of butter for the people of Northern Ireland.
    Small price to pay for a united Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

If ww3 did start it would be an ideal oppurtunity to take back the north

Good point but I would be more concerned about fight the likes of Iran and China

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

as part of the goog friday agrement
    In the Republic, the electorate voted upon the nineteenth amendment to the Constitution of Ireland. This amendment both permitted the state to comply with the Belfast Agreement and provided for the removal of the 'territorial claim' contained in Articles 2 and 3.

94% voted yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Ulster says no!

Also Irish army+knacker and retarded nationalist recruits=approx 75,000

British army+probable backup from US army=12 Quidzillion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Ah the Irish Army, the finest troop this side of the Atlantic, with the best technology available and plenty of experience in high profile wars. All in all, a great bunch of lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

We ride at dawn.

I say ride, you'll tootle towards Newry in your lil' clown car.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭The Master.

Im cleaning my airsoft gun and supersoaker 3000 in readiness for the impending assault.

Norn iron is a massive drain on the public finances of the uk. we can barely keep ourselves going and we are also bankrupt.
    taking the north back would be too costly and imo not worth the bother.

the uk should devolve all powers to stormont and let them be their own soverign country. then they can sort out the tribal politics up there themselves

• Advertisement

as part of the goog friday agrement
    In the Republic, the electorate voted upon the nineteenth amendment to the Constitution of Ireland. This amendment both permitted the state to comply with the Belfast Agreement and provided for the removal of the 'territorial claim' contained in Articles 2 and 3. TurnoutYesNoTotalsNorthern Ireland81%676,966 (71%)274,879 (29%)951,845 (100%)Republic of Ireland56%1,442,583 (94%)85,748 (6%)1,528,331 (100%)
    TurnoutYesNoTotalsNorthern Ireland81%676,966 (71%)274,879 (29%)951,845 (100%)Republic of Ireland56%1,442,583 (94%)85,748 (6%)1,528,331 (100%)

94% voted yes
    Say if all Protestants and Presbyterians went back to their real home what would be the result then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement