Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

€28 on Di Natale wincast for what will hopefully be a winning return to betting for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

pacquiao wrote: »
    Squeaky bum time now!
    Would you not lay the draw?

Have no cash to make any bets and its only a fiver down, would be pretty welcome mind u!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭pacquiao

Fingers crossed so. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Yardie wrote: »
    Word is that Di Natale is gonna start for Udinese. 11/10 is a stonking price for a man who has scored in every home game this season in all competitions.

Boom!

The boy Falcao stood up too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Word is that Di Natale is gonna start for Udinese. 11/10 is a stonking price for a man who has scored in every home game this season in all competitions.
    magherakid wrote: »
    just took 5/4 on him

Thanks for heads up Yardie :D

• Advertisement

magherakid wrote: »
    Thanks for heads up Yardie :D

Glad to help out.

I'm hoping for a big weekend of goalscorers- Ibrahimovic, Soldado, Huntelaar, Gomez all have decent home fixtures. They'll want their Christmas taste!

You gonna be on McLeod tomorrow night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Is Arsenal 9/2 a good bet for the weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭pacquiao

Have no cash to make any bets and its only a fiver down, would be pretty welcome mind u!
    nice win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

shocksy wrote: »
    Lewis is defending his world title, hes playing Nigel Heydon, hes ok of a player, not good enough to beat Lewis though.

Mark Webster is playing Richie Burnett (former world champion) Webster was runner up in last weeks players championship final, playing well at the moment, Burnett took and early exit from that tournament and looks like he will be doing the same here, Webster should be able to beat him comfortably as he is on top form and full of confidence.

Pretty much Certs if ever there was a word for a bet :pac:
    seanhynes wrote: »
    99%. both appeared in semi finals last year and lewis is world champion.. it would take a shock of epic proportions for one of them to lose

As a punter, this is cringe-worthy stuff lads :o :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Phewwww :o Thank you Hannover for keeping him on the bench, now a Udinese win for a nice 49.54€ ;)

:mad: Right lads, I'm off to go kill myself. Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

As a punter, this is cringe-worthy stuff lads :o :pac:

Costly lesson learnt tonight! Never take tips off anyone :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

SoCo2009 wrote: »
    Costly lesson learnt tonight! Never take tips off anyone :rolleyes:

I think a better lesson would be never take tips for a darts match on a football tips thread :pac: .. I can't talk I suppose, threw him into a treble with Spurs -2 and celtic +1 :rolleyes: ..

Was favourable odds without putting him in and he didn't raise the returns by much but I got greedy :o

Won't make that mistake again...

Anywho, Adrian Lewis is a sure bet so ya can just lump on him and make your money back! :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,849 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    Another card bet

Bayern v Koln tomorrow

Koln played already on Tuesday so they will find this game very hard

I fancy Sereno to get booked tomorrow. He's a LB for Koln and he'll be up against Robben so that will be pretty tough going for him

Sereno likes his cards having 4 yellows and 1 red this season in the Bundesliga (12 games)

ill be requesting odds

11/8 on that

Think ill be putting 20 on that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Glad to help out.

I'm hoping for a big weekend of goalscorers- Ibrahimovic, Soldado, Huntelaar, Gomez all have decent home fixtures. They'll want their Christmas taste!

You gonna be on McLeod tomorrow night?

Couldnt say no till the 15/8 with boylesports :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Going to stick my sign up free bet on Boyles on Gomez to score 2+ @3.25

And a bit on a hat trick @11.

PP has the hat trick @6

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

Glad to help out.

Soldado is suspended this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

My €3 acca for the weekend

Southampton 11/10
    Rangers 2/9
    Celtic 2/5
    Cheltenham 13/10
    Crawley 8/11
    Chelsea 2/5
    Alloa 11/10

Paddypower returns 125 euro
    (Maybe a bit ambitious)

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

My €3 acca for the weekend

Southampton 11/10
    Rangers 2/9
    Celtic 2/5
    Cheltenham 13/10
    Crawley 8/11
    Chelsea 2/5
    Alloa 11/10

Paddypower returns 125 euro
    (Maybe a bit ambitious)

pays 157 on boyles!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

inforfun wrote: »
    Done the over 1,5 as well but left Paok - Rubin out.
    Also Brugge - Braga is a concern as, like with Paok - Rubin, both teams qualify with a draw.

Took both matches on for "no goalscorer" @37,5 biggrin.gif
    Mark! wrote: »
    Damn I thought Spurs were already out, just seen that they can still qualify, will be going with a scoreless draws in those 2 games too just to cover.

Nice one, went with 5 on 2 draws too @ 8/1. between that and Defoe its been a good night, good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

inforfun wrote: »
    Going to stick my sign up free bet on Boyles on Gomez to score 2+ @3.25

And a bit on a hat trick @11.

PP has the hat trick @6

Welcome to Boyles, god only knows where they get their goalscorer prices from, some do be twice as good as PP and others do be twice as bad :confused:

• Advertisement

elefant wrote: »
    Soldado is suspended this weekend.

What a prick. He should no better than to get a suspension before a handy home game!

Bayern have a dreadful record again Koln

They havent beaten them as far as I can see (soccerway)

Also Ribery is a big doubt

I can see Koln having 11 behind the ball for this game and trying to frustrate Bayern

Could be worth a card bet too

Bayern have a dreadful record again Koln

They havent beaten them as far as I can see (soccerway)

Also Ribery is a big doubt

I can see Koln having 11 behind the ball for this game and trying to frustrate Bayern

Could be worth a card bet too

Hard to call at the minute if Bayern go ahead early it could be a rout. I'm leaning towards Robben anytime goalscorer 4 goals in last 4 home games.

Also like the look of your card bet for Sereno, I'm defo gonna have a piece of that if he starts.

This fella looks another candidate
    http://www.soccerway.com/players/martin-lanig/16815/

I'm weary of total cards bets as Bayern have very good discipline at home, averaging less than 1 card p/g. I would be very interested in Koln over 2.5 cards if I can find a market though.

Hard to call at the minute if Bayern go ahead early it could be a rout. I'm leaning towards Robben anytime goalscorer 4 goals in last 4 home games.

Also like the look of your card bet for Sereno, I'm defo gonna have a piece of that if he starts.

This fella looks another candidate
    http://www.soccerway.com/players/martin-lanig/16815/

I'm weary of total cards bets as Bayern have very good discipline at home, averaging less than 1 card p/g. I would be very interested in Koln over 2.5 cards if I can find a market though.

Martin Lanig is injured, yardie

Ya that koln card bet would be sweet if ya found it

Martin Lanig is injured, yardie

Ya that koln card bet would be sweet if ya found it

Ha I just flicked on to German site to see that injury news at same time and saw that he is sick unfortunately. German news had quotes form Koln manager- Lanig is an attacking midfielder and it is likely that he will be replaced by a defender as opposed to an attacking minded player.

Three draws in the last 4 meetings of the sides. 2 0-0s and a 1-1. It would be rude not to put a small bet on 0-0 @ 33/1

Ha I just flicked on to German site to see that injury news at same time and saw that he is sick unfortunately. German news had quotes form Koln manager- Lanig is an attacking midfielder and it is likely that he will be replaced by a defender as opposed to an attacking minded player.

Three draws in the last 4 meetings of the sides. 2 0-0s and a 1-1. It would be rude not to put a small bet on 0-0 @ 33/1

Do you see the odds for under 3.5 goals , nearly evens

I hate betting on unders but it would make ya think about it

Do you see the odds for under 3.5 goals , nearly evens

I hate betting on unders but it would make ya think about it

Yeah unders price is very attractive but it is nasty to bet on. If Bayern get early goal and Koln have to try and attack then Bayern could score 3/4. It could be worth getting on and if Bayern get an early goal then trade out.

Schweinsteiger has been out for last few weeks and reports are that Bayern are playing alot worse without him as he's a real talisman for the side.

I think I'll skip the goalscorer bets anyway just in case and put a bit on 0-0 @ 35/1 on betfair just in case the fixture goes to form of previous mettings.

Your Sereno pick could be best pick in a match that could go either way. If Koln are getting whipped he'll need to try stem the tide and if Koln are fighting for draw then an even higher chance he'll have back to wall with Bayern pushing for winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

On the Defoe to score & Spurs to win bet. 11/10

Fancy a draw in the PAOK Rubin match for obvious reasons. This result will see both teams through to the next phase and seems a no-brainer for me 11/8

Also fancy Udinese to brush Celtic aside. Celtic are terrible on the road & the trip to Italy will be very tough. They also need to win so will have to go for it & this should play into the Italians hands especially will De Natale playing 8/15

3 singles & a small stakes treble at 7/1

2 out of 3 not bad, disappointed Udinese couldn't get the win. Wish Id gone for the De Natale score anytime instead. Oh well onwards to tonight

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Mark! wrote: »
    Nice one, went with 5 on 2 draws too @ 8/1. between that and Defoe its been a good night, good spot.

Yeah, just should have thought that with these kind of "draw suits both" matches 0-0 isnt very likely. Just to try to get the scent of the fix out of the way.

Just a lesson learned for next years EL matches. Dont bother about the 1st 5 matches and try to pick the ones on the last night that have DRAW written all over it.
    POAK/Brugge/AZ all draws would have made a very nice treble last night.
    Could have made a small fortune on 3x 1-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Galatasaray / Portadown

Sedan / Portadown / Galatasaray win or draw

These teams are all in much better form than their opponents, so hoping there'll be no upsets tonight :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement