Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

wprathead wrote: »
    hopefully its another cyprian cup style game :D

5 shots a piece and albacete worthy of there lead supposedly :P

Must learn to stop doing these boredom bets and stick to the weekend!

At Madrid missed peno and Albacete down to 10 min!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Headshot wrote: »
    I dont want to be harsh but did you not see the team before hand?

I got on sunderland at 2/1

Nah Headshot ... lesson learned .. needed to hook up a double quickly and just took it @ face value

Red card for Athletico... 2-0 free kick!

Bye bye my treble...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Red card for Athletico... 2-0 free kick!

Bye bye my treble...

I did a "safe" double with Utd reserves :rolleyes:

DoctaDee wrote: »
    I did a "safe" double with Utd reserves :rolleyes:

Hold on 2-1!...

Adrian gets a tap in!

20 mins left!

• Advertisement

Remind me never to back in a first leg of a cup game again :P..

One small accumulator the weekend on the old reliables and that's it!

Sorry :( should have been in the "live betting thread" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

there is a live betting thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

ah well, pitty cuase my Juve-Bologna under 2.5 goals is looking good.. should just done singles but sure hindsight is 20/20:P

Also tomorrow, Brisbane v Melbourne Heart. Brisbane doing bril in Oz league, unbeaten at home, winning 4 and drawing 1, scoring 16 goals and conceding only 2. Melbourne have away record of 1-2-2, scoring 6 and conceding 8. Brisbane -1 @ evens looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Early double for the weekend
    Valencia @ 5/4
    Real Betis v Valencia
    Match Betting

Napoli @ 20/21
    Novara v Napoli
    Match Betting

Total stake € 25.00
    Estimated return € 109.82

Can't get over these prices,will do them in singles as well & both in a -1 double!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    Early double for the weekend
    Valencia @ 5/4
    Real Betis v Valencia
    Match Betting

Napoli @ 20/21
    Novara v Napoli
    Match Betting

Total stake € 25.00
    Estimated return € 109.82

Can't get over these prices,will do them in singles as well & both in a -1 double!!

Note of caution: last season when Valencia got knocked out of the Champions League against Schalke they were absolutely walloped the weekend after (4-0 against Zaragoza).

• Advertisement

I feel the team has come on a lot since last season,some great form lately,can see them winning this 2-0!

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    I feel the team has come on a lot since last season,some great form lately,can see them winning this 2-0!

I know, I watch every game :p

I wouldn't be too confident, especially without Banega. It's been a struggle since he got injured, and I've never been too convinced with Tino Costa. Still, should have enough to beat Betis...

True Banega's a huge loss,some player but as you said they should still have enough to beat Betis!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

He was savage in Football Manager.....

He was savage in Football Manager.....

A regular Freddy Guarin :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

gar.ie wrote: »
    Any tips for around england over the weekend ?

Im looking at Crawley,Falkirk and Barnsley meself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Bologna vs Milan on Sunday:

Bologna look wrecked in their game atm and are bound to be fatigued for sunday after their coppa italia match going to extra time this evening. This combined with them being 17th in the league winning 2 games at home and losing 4, scoring 5 goals in the process and conceding 9 against weak enough opposition (siena, catania, atlanta, lecce.. as well as losing by 2 goals to both lazio and inter).

Milan on the other hand had the chance to rest players during the week, (ibra, abate, boateng, van bommel, nocerino played 40mins, thiago silva played 50 mins,) and so they should be flying about, Ibrahimovic in particular who always plays well after being rested.

This is combined with milan scoring for fun these days and although their home form is a lot better than their away form 5-2-0 compared to 3-1-2 they have played much stronger teams away from home (losses to napoli and juventus) and their away form is getting better and better.

Staking a large amount on Milan @ 1/2
    Moderate amount on Milan -1 @ 6/4
    and a moderate amount on Milan and Ibrahimovic wincast @ 7/5.

Sorry about the long post btw! :P

We loves long posts, justifying your selections go along way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lecce v Lazio, the away side have been in cracking away form (1 draw to Napoli and 5 wins) against the bottom side, they are about 1.8 which looks a decent price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

A big weekend for cards in La Liga this weekend lads:

We got some tasty matches like Levante/Sevilla and Getafe/Granada but they and most other matches are overshawdowed but what is the mother of all cardfests. El SuperClassico Real Madrid vs Barcelona.

The Ref is David Fernandez Borbalan and his stats are not overly harsh but he did ref the Super Cup match at the start of the season which saw 3 red cards and 9 yellows

Some bookies have their prices up early and most are Evens for over 80 points. However our good pals at victor chandler are giving 5/6 for over 65 points. I am going to smash into this for starters and will see what else presents itself on match day regarding time of first card,player bookings, red cards etc as options are slim on these at the minute

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/european-football/spain/la-liga-primera/real-madrid-v-barcelona/total-booking-points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Yardie wrote: »
    victor chandler are giving 5/6 for over 65 points
    Sold :) cheers I'm on it straight away!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

taking the 15/8 on man city early. Chelsea are still not great, despite their impressive win in midweek. Every decent team Chelsea have come against in the league they've lost to. That price won't last

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Derek! wrote: »
    Sold :) cheers I'm on it straight away!

Its a great line, I don't see it lasting.

This match has cup final quality about it cause if Real win then the league is as good as theirs. Both sides have been gearing up to it for weeks and nothing will be left in the locker. It should be a great spectacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Yardie wrote: »
    Its a great line, I don't see it lasting.

This match has cup final quality about it cause if Real win then the league is as good as theirs. Both sides have been gearing up to it for weeks and nothing will be left in the locker. It should be a great spectacle.
    I agree, that's why I jumped on it so quick ;)
    Your pretty much guaranteed a load of cards in this particular game!

Hopefully we have a red or 2 to help our cause :D
    Thanks again for findin that one, win or lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

thanks for heads up Yardie, unfortunately im not on Victor to take advantage.

just looking at PP and "A Penalty to be awarded" is at 17/10. Could be worth a punt, this game seems to have a history of penalties in it

In the Bundesliga II, I like Paderborn 07 to beat Hansa @4/6, and -1 @ 15/8 looks very tempting as Hansa has been beaten by 2 or more in 4/5 of their away defeats

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

whats the story with boylesports. when u sign up and place 20euro and then use their so called free 20 bet they give u the next day they just take back the 20 that you stake from the winnings that they supposedly give you for free,hoax free bet:rolleyes:

Think most sites work like that now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

365 are good for giving them out,thats just a joke, u need to be placing an even money just to make it ur own money:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,857 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Iv a big treble relying on CA Tigre v Velez Sarsfield

Anyone got a decent preview of the match or tips.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement