Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crystal meth

Options

Comments

Lol send people to prison for smoking a spliff? you're either trolling or rather dense, i hope it's the former but suspect it's the latter....

Neither actually ;)
    I suspect you are trolling too by the way, you have contributed nothing to this thread.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Why would it magically work here when it's never worked once anywhere? Your still banging the same drum expecting to hear violins, it will never happen...............

I don't expect any one here to agree, especially those who were on copious amounts of weed and MDMA at the party over the weekend, despite not expecting ye to agree I can still make my point and disagree with ye, it's neither trolling, naivity or being thick :)

RoverJames wrote: »
    I'm entitled to air my opinion and I'm also entitled to not reckon I'm wrong simply because a few randomers on the internet (one of whom was consuming copious amount of weed and MDMA) at the weekend reckon I am.
    1. Offers opinion.
    2. Complains when people contradict said opinions.
    You're entitled to air your opinion, but once you do so, your opinions are fair game for all the criticism in the world.

1. Offers opinion.
    2. Complains when people contradict said opinions.
    You're entitled to air your opinion, but once you do so, your opinions are fair game for all the criticism in the world.

Sorry? You accuse me of complaining, people have called me thick, a troll and naive, another "contributor" threw in a few wise cracks about go fetch rover and one or two about rover cars. Brilliant, hardly criticism really is it ;)

Great lads behind the keyboards alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

Would a stint in jail for use of copious amounts of MDMA and weed at a party not deter these folk a tad?

Do you think it's morally wrong to take illegal drugs? Is that why you're suggesting that someone who works hard all week and wants to let loose at the weekend should be locked up or scared straight? Is your philosophy "I don't agree with this, that means no one else should be allowed to do it either"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

Lol send people to prison for smoking a spliff? you're either trolling or rather dense, i hope it's the former but suspect it's the latter....

Neither actually ;)
    I suspect you are trolling too by the way, you have contributed nothing to this thread.

So you're not trolling? you actually hold this opinion. I'm embarrassed for you old timer.

You've contributed nothing but ultra draconian suggestions belonging to the nutty far right fringe.

Maybe you should move to somewhere like Iran or Saudi Arabia? They have morality police there who clamp down harshly on people in the manner you've described and wished for.

So you're not trolling? you actually hold this opinion. I'm embarrassed for you old timer.

Can you not make a point without resorting to childish insults?
    Would you speak like that to my face?

If you think I'm trolling report the posts and let a mod decide.

At this stage you have stated I'm either trolling or dense and an old timer, excellent posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Neither actually ;)

You've contributed nothing but ultra draconian suggestions belonging to the nutty far right fringe.

Maybe you should move to somewhere like Iran or Saudi Arabia? They have morality police there who clamp down harshly on people in the manner you've described and wished for.

You sound like a spoilt teenager - he agrees with something being illegal and wants stricter enforcement of existing laws and he's from the "nutty far right". Ridiculous "argument" at the prospect of not getting their way.

Wolf Club wrote: »
    Do you think it's morally wrong to take illegal drugs? Is that why you're suggesting that someone who works hard all week and wants to let loose at the weekend should be locked up or scared straight? Is your philosophy "I don't agree with this, that means no one else should be allowed to do it either"?

It's illegal, end of in my book.

So if something is illegal, society should completely abstain from/ignore it or face persecution? Do you believe this just in the case of drugs or other social issues as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

You sound like a spoilt teenager - he agrees with something being illegal and wants stricter enforcement of existing laws and he's from the "nutty far right". Ridiculous "argument" at the prospect of not getting their way.

Well ideally the first port of call should be to look at why something is illegal and if it's status is justified, so i completely agree with you on that one.

So if something is illegal, society should completely abstain from/ignore it or face persecution? Do you believe this just in the case of drugs or other social issues as well?

Persecution? A spell in jail isn't persecution, do you think folks are persecuted in jail?

Persecution? A spell in jail isn't persecution, do you think folks are persecuted in jail?

Sorry, poor wording on my part. If a person makes a moral decision regarding breaking a law that they feel is unjust, do you think they should end up in jail because of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Sorry, poor wording on my part. If a person makes a moral decision regarding breaking a law that they feel is unjust, do you think they should end up in jail because of it?

Well yeah, they broke the law. Don't get me wrong, i am all for the legalisation of weed but people need to accept that it is currently illegal and they are breaking the law by indulging in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Where do you think the laws come from? They're made by men and women and are regularly changed by men and women. We live in a democracy and to blindly accept laws as morally sound because they've been brought into law is indeed extremely naive and dangerous.

If drugs were legal would you also accept that as "end of?" Are you debating the issue of drugs or is that just a by-product of a wider argument against democracy?

Most definitely, many burglers have a Robin Hood type idea that robbing from wealthy folk is fine, morally they reckon insurance compensation makes theft a victimless crime. I know a lad (drug user too actually) who robbed the local ladbrokes, he saw nothing wrong with it.

Oh_Noes wrote: »

If drugs were legal would you also accept that as "end of?" Are you debating the issue of drugs or is that just a by-product of a wider argument against democracy?

If they were legal I wouldn't expect folk to serve time for using them, so it would be end of, yes, I don't see it happening though ;)
    Laws are laws, until they are changed abide by them or live by the results, ie not getting into Oz, fines etc and ideally a week or so in jail.

Personally I am all for the current laws, I think they should be more strictly enforced though.

I'm all for democracy, I'm also all for playing by the rules.

Neither actually ;)

If im a spolit teenager then you're a baby throwing his toys out of the pram screaming "wah wah wah".

Btw everything i said is backed up by cold, hard fact. Jamesy here wants people thrown into jail for smoking weed. The only equivalent i can think of is the religious police in some countries who are exactly what jamesy proposes.

Prohibition and draconian drug laws have failec as you can't change human nature. The sooner you and jamesy get that into your tiny little brains the better.

Of course these nonsense laws - whether its 25 year sentances in Yankland or your hand being chopped off in SA - it doesn't make a blind bit of difference, it doesn't stop people using drugs. Deal with it.

Most definitely, many burglers have a Robin Hood type idea that robbing from wealthy folk is fine, morally they reckon insurance compensation makes theft a victimless crime. I know a lad (drug user too actually) who robbed the local ladbrokes, he saw nothing wrong with it.

How does that relate to a law that they fell is unjust? What I'm trying to fathom is, going by your logic, do you think everyone should just accept the laws set out by the society they live in and not try to change anything, even if it impedes on their own personal liberties?

Can you not make a point without resorting to childish insults?
    Would you speak like that to my face?

If you think I'm trolling report the posts and let a mod decide.

At this stage you have stated I'm either trolling or dense and an old timer, excellent posting.

Going by what you've posted, only people from a more naive, simpler generation could believe the gibberish you've come out with. It sounds like you got your opinions on drug use from the christian brothers in the 1970s ffs.

• Advertisement

.............The sooner you and jamesy get that into your tiny little brains the better..........

What's with the personal insults?
    For a 2nd time would you speak like that to my face?

How does that relate to a law that they fell is unjust? What I'm trying to fathom is, going by your logic, do you think everyone should just accept the laws set out by the society they live in and not try to change anything, even if it impedes on their own personal liberties?

I'm all for folks trying to change laws, until they are changed I'd expect them not to break the laws though. Reasonable no?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I streamed a movie from the internet at the weekend, should i be whipped or would a lengthy sentence do?
    People will not obey laws they don't agree with. The reason i don't go out robbing grannies, or raping women, or shooting people who piss me off is not because it's illegal, it's because i think it's wrong to do such things. Lets face it, the type of person who is going to shoot you, or rape you is not going to be detered by the legality of it! If it was legal in the morning to rape people, i still wouldn't do it!
    I don't think it's wrong to pop a pill, or do a line or two, the legality of it is neither here nor there. It's not wrong, so i'll do it if i like.
    You really need to learn to think for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

So who's gonna hook me up with some crank ??

.............The sooner you and jamesy get that into your tiny little brains the better..........

What's with the personal insults?
    For a 2nd time would you speak like that to my face?

If you were spouting the gibberish on here irl then yes i would. Someone needs to set you straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I don't expect any one here to agree, especially those who were on copious amounts of weed and MDMA at the party over the weekend, despite not expecting ye to agree I can still make my point and disagree with ye, it's neither trolling, naivity or being thick :)
    The problem I have here is that it's just your opinion, it's not based on the facts and your supporting a law that creates all the problems your associating with drugs. Your entitled to your opinion but how can you stand beside it when it's pointed out over and over again how mistaken that opinion is?

I understand and appreciated you don't like drugs, I appreciated there are many like you out there of the same opinion but I think you've formed that opinion based on the lies and misinformation of ignorant people that didn't really know what they were dealing with when they made the laws. These laws come from a different time we shouldn't be hanging onto them when all the evidence shows they are the problem not the drugs themselves.
    Laws are laws, until they are changed abide by them or live by the results, ie not getting into Oz, fines etc and ideally a week or so in jail.
    No, life is life. You only get one shot at it and if you let people destroy your freedom to experience the best of life based on their ignorance of the actual facts then your a fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

RoverJames you sound like the driest sh¡te in the world, there are some puritanical sects in operation in th US, perhaps you should ask them can you join. Leave the rest of us anarchic hellraisers to our own destruction.

If you were spouting the gibberish on here irl then yes i would. Someone needs to set you straight.

Well if you spoke to me like that in person I'd punch the head off you and gladly suffer the consequences.

................. the legality of it is neither here nor there. It's not wrong, so i'll do it if i like.
    You really need to learn to think for yourself.

In reality though you wouldn't do a line or two on the bus or in the canteen at work would you. Why not? Sure it's not wrong ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

In reality though you wouldn't do a line or two on the bus or in the canteen at work would you. Why not? Sure it's not wrong ;)
    I wouldn't drink alcohol in those places either. Responsible drug use means doing it in your free time and in an appropriate place as people do with alcohol.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement