Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Dog

Options
  • 24-11-2011 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

I have a collie at home and he helps on the farm the only problem is he will only listen to me whats this about?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I'm not too sure what you are asking here? :confused: Any chance you could elaborate on this a bit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I wonder is it a case that the dog only responds to the poster, with direction and calling etc. but doesn't respond to other members of the family / others who live there?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭betsie

working sheep/cattle dogs can often be very picky about who they will work for (some more so than others) they seem to kind of build a bond/trust with with one person, maybe if you could get some of the rest of the family to go out on the farm with the dog without you he/she would get more used to working with others. Oh and make sure everyone uses the same sort of commands when working with the dog because both dog and farmer will get very frustrated otherwise!

Advertisement