Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogfooddirect.ie?

Options
  • 04-11-2011 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I normally use Zooplus to buy my dog food, but the price of delivery seems to have increased a lot so it's not as good value as it used to be. I have just bought from dogfooddirect.ie, they seem to be Irish and offer free overnight delivery. I'm just wondering if anyone here has used them and if they are on the level?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I have, they seem really nice. Quick delivery and always get a free gift of some sort. Met them at the pet expo as well and are nice guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Yes, they are awesome! Ordered one day and got my food the next for €7 cheaper than the other place I had been getting it, what's not to like?

Met them at Pet Expo too, great guys and always helping out dog charities too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Great! Delighted to be able to buy from an Irish company and a Brucie Bonus that they support animal charities too. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I get my food for nearly €10 cheaper than on their website :D yey!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I use them too, really good to deal with and cheap and always a little treat in with the order! I also met them at the pet expo and they are really nice guys.
    They make it really easy to donate to your chosen rescue, you can donate as little as a fiver and they convert it into cost price food for the animals. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Cant recommend them highly enough - they are doing great work for a good few animal charties :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

just looked at their website now and must say their prices are excellent. im definitely ordering from them in future. 34.99 for 15kg of champion dog food or 15kg of red mills leader. you really cant go wrong

I would recommend friending them on facebook as well, you'll always be updated with special offers and bundle deals. Since we've become a 2 dog family I've saved a good bit by buying through here rather than my local pet shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I ordered puppy food with them, and it was here on time the next day. Dog loves the stuff and I love the price too. Also, got one of them ball fetcher things with the food for free.

Good Irish company!

http://www.facebook.com/Dogfooddirect.ie

Has anyone tried the Champion food? They say on their website it's as good as the premium brands and at less than €40 for 2x15kg, it's a lot cheaper than the €59 i'm paying for 15kg of James Wellbeloved!

• Advertisement

just added them there on facebook, I'm thinking about ordering the champion food when my dog is out of food, its high protein, good source of fatty acids, vitamins and no gluten or dairy. looks a great food :D

just added them there on facebook, I'm thinking about ordering the champion food when my dog is out of food, its high protein, good source of fatty acids, vitamins and no gluten or dairy. looks a great food :D

Thanks Chris, I have emailed them and asked them to include a sample with my order. I am not good at comparing foods and figuring out which is best so would be interested to hear of people's experiences. It's a great price if it is as good as the premium stuff.

ncmc wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the Champion food? They say on their website it's as good as the premium brands and at less than €40 for 2x15kg, it's a lot cheaper than the €59 i'm paying for 15kg of James Wellbeloved!

I spoke to Michael at the pet expo about it, he says it's as good if not better than some of the big brand names, but it's about changing peoples perception of it. Also said that the value one was good but the supreme was much better and you don't need to feed as much.

I can't it listed but it doesn't say just how much to feed, ie if you need to feed 500g v 300g of the supreme, is it actually better value getting the supreme?

Michael in Dog Food Direct, replied back to me straight away and said he would include a sample of the 'Champion' food with my order. Hopefully my fussy doggy will like it as it would save me a good few euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 cora2

That champion food contains little meat content & is made with derivitaves which includes everything from the amimal. With chicken that means feet, beaks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Can anyone with a bit more knowledge tell me if this is a decent food.

http://dogfooddirect.ie/modules/shop/products/belcando-dinner-15-kg/

I find it suits them but the champion is a good bit cheaper so if it's comparable quality I might give it a try.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Whispered wrote: »

I find it suits them but the champion is a good bit cheaper so if it's comparable quality I might give it a try.

It's only €2 cheaper than Burns on the same site and much lower quality so I wouldn't consider it value for money. Whites is €41 for 15kg with free delivery and I'd consider barley a better ingredient than maize.

have a look at redmills feed, my bully is on the puppy leader and he is thriving on it, excellent food imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Not great for the price - you could get a better food for that price. As adrenalinjunkie already said, Burns is about the same price and much better and Whites is cheaper but still would be better. James Wellbeloved is about that price too and is a great food, as is Arden Grange (Adult) and also a brill food. As chris139ryan mentioned - Red Mills Leader Supreme (not the other Red Mills stuff) is significantly cheaper and pretty good for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I'm not too sure using the legs etc of animals is all that bad if a dog finds and eats a rabbit for example they'll pretty much eat as much of the animal as they can.

Burns on that site is only a euro cheaper than at the vets so it's not any cheaper really than any other place I've looked so far. But if buying the food online anyway it is of course best to buy from a fully Irish company.

The Burns company itself need to lower their prices it just goes up and up and up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

cora2 wrote: »
    That champion food contains little meat content & is made with derivitaves which includes everything from the amimal. With chicken that means feet, beaks etc.

Are you sure about this? On the website they claim "no animal byproducts whatsoever" by which I understand no derivatives?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

msg11 wrote: »
    I ordered puppy food with them, and it was here on time the next day. Dog loves the stuff and I love the price too. Also, got one of them ball fetcher things with the food for free.

Good Irish company!

http://www.facebook.com/Dogfooddirect.ie

How are you finding the puppy food?was thinking or ordering a bag for my 10 month old boxer,he is such a bad farter and was thinging of trying it cause its hypoallergenic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 kelly0

I have both my dogs on this and they're thriving. They're both on the active brand of this the last five months; their coats have become so glossy that people have commented on it when I'm out walking them. One of my dogs is a GSD who we got from a rescue centre last year and he was very underweight. He has a very sensitive stomach and I found it very difficult to find a feed that would suit him and help him gain weight. Eventually I tried Belcando and we could see the difference in a few weeks, our vet was delighted. Loads of my friends/family now use this and are all having the same results and we all can't praise Belcando enough.
    I did a bit of research on the brand too, it turns out that because of the high quality of ingredients they use it’s actually officially fit for human consumption! I don't know of any other brands that can claim that.

Just a quick update, got my food this morning, even though I only ordered on Friday afternoon and wasn’t expecting it until tomorrow. Got two large samples of the Champion food that I requested and also a free fetch toy! What a great service, I will definitely be using them in future and would heartily recommend them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bromac

Im new to this and have been looking at a number of on line shops, which one is best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

I get my Jamewellbeloved from amazon very fast delivery like 2 to 3 days.
    37 for a 7.5 kg bag. In my local maxI zoo its 38 for 6 kg-!

Advertisement