Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dubstep

Options
  • 26-09-2011 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Been lookin for a dubstep forum,suprised there isnt one as it seems to be gaining popularity this past couple of years

is there anyplace i can talk about dubstep with other fans of the genre??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 AnonOne

I was searching for dubstep aswell. I'm just new in Dublin and still searching for a club or something where I could go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

http://www.jungle.me.uk/

There you go folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

dubstepforum.com is a good one, there's plenty of blogs and sites out there worth following too.

Follow the Crossover thread down the page as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 markfoley04

Anybody know of any dubstep sessions in Limerick?
    I hear Dolans have dubstep DJs pretty regularly, but can't find anything on it.

Anybody know of any dubstep sessions in Limerick?
    I hear Dolans have dubstep DJs pretty regularly, but can't find anything on it.

I posted this in Clubbing, Macronite are hosting Loefah on Oct. 22nd. Macronite are the crowd to look out for in terms of events, check Dolan's listings and the Loft in the Locke Bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 markfoley04

CiaranMT wrote: »
    I posted this in Clubbing, Macronite are hosting Loefah on Oct. 22nd. Macronite are the crowd to look out for in terms of events, check Dolan's listings and the Loft in the Locke Bar.

Thanks, :D I been following Macronite for a while and hadn't seen much happening. Will def head to this night. They really should have their own website.

Thanks, :D I been following Macronite for a while and hadn't seen much happening. Will def head to this night. They really should have their own website.

They're on Facebook, they've to keep costs down I guess. Limerick isn't the most lucrative market :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Mister Dread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Mister Dread

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

is there any dubstep nights anywhere in dublin

• Advertisement

CyberJuice wrote: »
    is there any dubstep nights anywhere in dublin

Pretty much every weekend mate.

Check the forum i linked to above.

Pretty much every weekend mate.

Check the forum i linked to above.

nice one,i didnt check the link the first time u posted it as i thought it was to do with the uk but now i see irish stuff,might start headin out to some dubstepo nights in the new year when i can afford nights out,whats the crack like at these places? are the crowds alright,do people **** about or anything,is there dancing and such or just people jumping around bumping into each other like muppets

Check out this video i found,its epic,the guy is a great dancer,wish i had moves like this dude,youd be pullin all the birds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

CyberJuice wrote: »
    nice one,i didnt check the link the first time u posted it as i thought it was to do with the uk but now i see irish stuff,might start headin out to some dubstepo nights in the new year when i can afford nights out,whats the crack like at these places? are the crowds alright,do people **** about or anything,is there dancing and such or just people jumping around bumping into each other like muppets

Fridays in the Twisted Pepper is where it's at for dubstep in Dublin, apart from the odd international booking around the place. Check these listings:

http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/events/c/mud/

They are some nice tracks Cyberwate

i tend to like the melodic - ambient stuff more then the hardcore crazy boregore type stuff. some lyrics and harmonys are nice to have in dubstep.check out this stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Cobbe354

There are many different dubstep nights and events in Dublin. The Mezz and Lost Society are some fine examples.

Love the old Dubstep myself I must say.

Being from Canada I have to crown Excision as the king of Dubstep, screw all that Skrillex hype :P

To each his own though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i have dubstep thread thinks its page 3

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Dubstep is literally the worst music that has ever existed. It sounds like the guys behind the Transformers movies were trying to come up with sound effects for a transformer rape scene.

FruitLover wrote: »
    Dubstep is literally the worst music that has ever existed. It sounds like the guys behind the Transformers movies were trying to come up with sound effects for a transformer rape scene.

Always frustrates me that the predominant perception of Dubstep is this ^.

It's like happening across Soulja Boy and judging rap off that.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

Dubstep is dead anyway,it's all about Post Dusbtep right now:p:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

^^^

theres a difference between post dub , deep house and beats!!!!!

So what you mean is you haven't heard much Dubstep then.

I love an opinion, expressed with authority, lacking any foundation.

Makes me chuckle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

So what you mean is you haven't heard much Dubstep then.

By all means, if you know of some tracks that might change my mind, youtube us up.

Ideally something that doesn't sound like someone gave a teenager a box of power tools and a sampler...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

By all means, if you know of some tracks that might change my mind, youtube us up.

Ideally something that doesn't sound like someone gave a teenager a box of power tools and a sampler...

Plenty of quality tracks here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055966581&page=57

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Hatcha in the Twisted Pepper in two weeks time - anyone who misses that is very definitely Doing It Wrong....

The linked thread in an above post is filled with great stuff.

Seriously, don't judge Dubstep on the midrangey stuff, it's an interesting and diverse genre and is definitely worth exploring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Here's a couple that I love...

No powertooling at all

Advertisement