Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

haha guys i'm having such a bad day and just bitching about my school cause i'm mad :) please forgive me
    There's work going on in ours too, we're hearing the same. It's so annoying! :mad:
    Jesus, that's mad! Please say ye just bring your own forks and stuff?! Our crap's from there too, I know how you feel. :P
    Haha I'll post you over a few rat traps! God knows we've got plenty. :p
    Its crazy and lousy people paying 200 euro for study and the room is shakin :( Yeah we generally do bring our own stuff but sure there is always the day you forget and either eat with your hands or cough up the dough !!
    Haha rat traps would be excellent dearie :)
    Bubbleope wrote: »
    Hahaha! :D I don't feel as bad about my school now. XD Paying for plastic forks and spoons... well I never. :eek::p Lidl.. they have yummy sweets though! You must admit!! xD
    haha the sweets are gorgeous and the bread but i swear when it comes to chicken it makes you sick :O
    Joey. wrote: »
    Are we like, in the same school? :pac:

A few years ago a rat died under the floor in one of the prefabs, was ages before they found it so the smell was unreal :( That prefab was supposed to be torn down 20 years ago, but it's still going strong... :pac:
    Haha do you go to a Loreto? :P
    ours was supposed to be torn down twenty years ago too!!!
    listen guys no heating till december aparantly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Wow we don't have a canteen or tuck shop.
    But it's not nearly as bad as some of you make your schools out to be. I think the worst thing about my school is the absolute wasting of state money. We spent €100'000 on a fence, €100'000 on some new computers and €400'000 on some new pitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Cian A wrote: »
    We spent €100'000 on a fence,
    That must be some fence..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Our school being so smart refuses to put on the heat during the cold months. But of course they have it blasting during spring/summer term. Makes so much sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Haha do you go to a Loreto? :P
    ours was supposed to be torn down twenty years ago too!!!
    listen guys no heating till december aparantly :(

I surely do :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I surely do :rolleyes:

No way really? ;) or you just joking wit me :P

That must be some fence..

Yes it's green and made of metal y'know.
    For €100'000 I don't know what you'd expect it to do...fire lasers or something.
    Siobhnk wrote: »
    Our school being so smart refuses to put on the heat during the cold months. But of course they have it blasting during spring/summer term. Makes so much sense.

This...This exactly

No way really? ;) or you just joking wit me :P

Serious as a heart attack :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Namlub wrote: »
    Pfft, well my school's in the Christmas ad for Guinness! Well, the entrance...
    I just watched it on youtube and I've accidentally made myself feel all Christmassy...81 days people!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Does anyone else just fall asleep when its cold? Its weird, temperature in class drops below a certain point and I'm like fighting to the death not to fall asleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭siobhanod93

We have a totem pole that a student made in the courtyard of our school.
    In third year, someone put up a mask form "Scream" on it and it was there for 2 years! :D

The teachers thought it was hilarious and we were all saying "Welcome first years..." :pac:

Then it got taken down recently :(

Serious as a heart attack :pac:

woah!!! :O shocking!!!
    where abouts ? south east? south west ? midlands ? West ? north ? or just say county but like whatever you wish :)

The boys school in town normally do something terrible to ours every year. Last year they burned 3 giant penises and the word SLUTS in to the grass at the front of the school.
    It's still there and the open night is tomorrow night. :P

woah!!! :O shocking!!!
    where abouts ? south east? south west ? midlands ? West ? north ? or just say county but like whatever you wish :)

I know right :eek: haha ehh someplace in the general south easterly direction :p

I know right :eek: haha ehh someplace in the general south easterly direction :p

em i dont mean to alarm you but i believe we are in the same school :O like serious :cool: are you having a miss first year contest friday with the theme of superhereos?
    *wondering who you are in my year*

em i dont mean to alarm you but i believe we are in the same school :O like serious :cool: are you having a miss first year contest friday with the theme of superhereos?

mmmmmmmmnope I am definitely not in your school >.>

Josephina?

Edit
    psst, good cover josephina

awwww damn we were having like a moment there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

Haha, b!tchin about schools, are we?
    I love my school, except for the fact it's a bit too small for the number of students in there this year, switching rooms after the bell rings is a nightmare, it gets soo cramped sometimes! :O But apart from that, tis lovely! We have one of the nicest veiws of the city....which of course means I'm almost always looking out the window during class! :P
    If only I didn't have to walk up there in the mornings....

Cian A wrote: »
    Josephina?

Edit
    psst, good cover josephina
    Thank you, I do try. And Josephina, seriously? :pac:
    awwww damn we were having like a moment there :(

I know yeah :(

• Advertisement

@cocopopsxx;
    Your username makes me hungry. :pac:

@cocopopsxx;
    Your username makes me hungry. :pac:
    Haha, it sure does! :P

We have an amazing view of a lake from one of the classrooms :)

At the break of classes we have to move for most of them which I don't mind really. :rolleyes:
    Sometimes though you would nearly need traffic lights! I gets so bad, the principle has to take control. :pac::pac:
    Its mostly first years fault too! Ha! :P

Thank you, I do try. And Josephina, seriously? :pac:
    I know yeah :(
    :( ah well fun while it lasted ! but sadness all the same :O
    ah sure your my pretend school boardsie buddy now :)

We have an amazing view of a lake from one of the classrooms :)

At the break of classes we have to move for most of them which I don't mind really. :rolleyes:
    Sometimes though you would nearly need traffic lights! I gets so bad, the principle has to take control. :pac::pac:
    Its mostly first years fault too! Ha! :P

Sameee! :P

Haha, first years' fault..sure is!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Ah first years... Can't live with them... can't live without them... Well..

:( ah well fun while it lasted ! but sadness all the same :O
    ah sure your my pretend school boardsie buddy now :)

Good good :D
    I really have to stop leaving it so late to finish homework :mad:

Lads, I have a maths test tomorrow which I haven't studied for yet and have to do two biology exam questions and have absolutely no motivation whatsoever. :(

We've got "keep left" and "keep right" signs on our hall walls. :P
    The deputy principle spends lunch time yelling at people for walking on the wrong side, even if there's nobody else in the hall. :pac:
    She's like, "KEEP RIGHT. KEEP RIGHT OR YOU'LL CAUSE A JAM" and you're literally be the only one out of class. :P

• Advertisement

So my year and my brother's year is in the same area for lunch. :)
    I say to him at the beginning of the year "Ooooh ye're in with the big scary 6th years now!" :D:P
    He replies: "Scary! Ye're the softest year in the school!" :eek::cool:
    I couldn't believe it. :eek::eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement