Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Griffith College Limerick offering FREE courses to unemployed‏‏

Options
  • 01-08-2011 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

Griffith College Limerick are running 3 Springboard courses, which are funding places for those unemployed and receiving benefits for 3 months or more.

Griffith plan to run the SME Management course in Ennis as well as Limerick.

Of specific interest is the Special Purpose Award in SME management, which will give participants key business skills with a strong focus on sales and marketing skills. Each participant will be assigned a mentor to ensure that their business and/or employment objectives are reached.

Also on offer is a H dip in computing, a conversion course for those with a degree in another discipline, as well as a Level 6 Certificate in computing.

Griffith College Limerick is offering the following opportunities:

- Higher Diploma in Computing (Level 8)

- Certificate in Computing Science (Level 6)

- Special Purpose Award in SME( Small and Medium Enterprise) Management (Level 7)

Applications to all 3 programmes are through www.bluebrick.ie and full course information and entry requirements are in the Springboard link in this site.

Closing date for applications is August 12th and courses start in September/October 2011.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

That should be a HIGHER Certificate if it's a level 6....

• Registered Users Posts: 13 SeanAnthony

I've got accepted on this Springboard course in Limerick but I haven't received any information regarding the start date next week? Can anybody let me know please? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I've got accepted on this Springboard course in Limerick but I haven't received any information regarding the start date next week? Can anybody let me know please? Thanks

The starting dates of each course, accordiong to the bluebrick website, are

Higher Diploma in Computing (Level 8) - 19/09/2011

Certificate in Computing Science (Level 6) - 19/09/2011

Special Purpose Award in SME( Small and Medium Enterprise) Management (Level 7) - 3/10/2011

http://www.bluebrick.ie/springboard/

Seeing as two of those course start this coming Monday I would ring Griffith College (061-310031 or 061-310043) today or call in to them in person to find out more info. Had a quick look through the Springboard/Bluebrick site and it says if a person has any queries on a course that they should contact the course provider for their area, which is Griffith college in your case.

Best of luck, and I hope the course helps you to get a full time job in time.

Advertisement