Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I have a habit of always saying AWK-WARD which my 16 month repeats in a high pitched voice..............anyway a few days ago we were at her Grandads house and her cousins were there who'd been staying for a few days and hadn't seen their mammy and daddy in a few days.

My little one decided to have a little tantrum and I pointed out the window and said "look your daddys here now" and her little 2 year old cousin who hadn't seen her own parents in a few days got all excited and started going "yay my daddy is here, my daddy is here"

At which point my little one decided to shout really loud "AWK-WARD"

Ah it was just priceless :)

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Tayla wrote: »
    I have a habit of always saying AWK-WARD which my 16 month repeats in a high pitched voice..............anyway a few days ago we were at her Grandads house and her cousins were there who'd been staying for a few days and hadn't seen their mammy and daddy in a few days.

My little one decided to have a little tantrum and I pointed out the window and said "look your daddys here now" and her little 2 year old cousin who hadn't seen her own parents in a few days got all excited and started going "yay my daddy is here, my daddy is here"

At which point my little one decided to shout really loud "AWK-WARD"

Ah it was just priceless :)

:D

Reminds me when my hubby, who had a beard and long hair decided to have a good shave. I was at the playground with my two when he joined us, almost bald. He took my daughter, 3, up in his arms and she started shouting "you are not my daddy, let me go, help, help!". In retrospect, it WAS funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

I always wear trousers to work but this morning I put on a maxi-dress because I'm going out for dinner after work.
    My 2 (and a bit) year old BOY looked at me and said "mummy pretty". :D:D:D
    Melting heart alert!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

My 16 month old has started walking and is very active. This evening she crawled under the chairs to get under the table, got stuck and started screaming. I moved a chair so she could crawl out, but instead, she decided to stand and bumped her head. She bumped her head a second time when she tried to walk after standing! Cue more crying. I picked her up and gave her a cuddle on the couch, and when she topped crying she looked at me with a look of confusion and started going
    "garble garble garble" *Looks at me confused and touches head "And then it went ow!"

I had to smile, I love her learning to talk!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

My four year old has made up a language and taught it to my two year old who came out to meet me when when I come from work and told me she loved me: "Zao-zé, Daddy!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

my 6mth old 'latched-on' to my face tonight and sucked so hard he left me with a bruise! looks like a got a belt. He thought it was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

it wasnt today it happened at the weekend but its still making me smile, my 9yr old boy winning and all ireland medal in the community games for tag rugby watching him beaming from the win and feeling on top of the world is the best feeling ever.........i couldnt be prouder of him if i tried..:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 T1977

my mother had a stomach bug so my 3 year old decided she needed to buy a bar of chocolate for her nanny to make her better. She then said to me this morning 'when I give it to Nanny she might be feeling better so she might give it back to me'. The mind of a 3 year old!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

T1977 wrote: »
    my mother had a stomach bug so my 3 year old decided she needed to buy a bar of chocolate for her nanny to make her better. She then said to me this morning 'when I give it to Nanny she might be feeling better so she might give it back to me'. The mind of a 3 year old!:o

I like her thinking, she'll go far in life :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Not today but a few days ago: put him on time out and he said (in an completely anguished tone) OH NO NOT AGAIN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 ddlong

What a fantastic thread !

My 3-year old went to Mass at Easter with my mother and half way up the church there was a bowl of grapes and other things which were to be brought up for the offertory collection. Well my mother nearly died when my son grabbed the bunch of grapes and started tucking into them.... (Luckily those meant to be bringing them up saw the funny side of it!)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

going down the escalator/moving walkway to the car park in Charlestown Shopping Centre, my 3 year old runs to the bottom and presses the big red shiney button. Escalator stops dead, luckily the other people on the escalator didnt see my boy doing this so they just thought it broke down.

But the worst thing about it is, this is one of the escalators that stops the trolleys from moving......so cue people heaving thier trollies to the bottom.

• Administrators Posts: 13,860 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

My Junior Infant came home after her first (half) day and asked for a book saying "I think I can read now".

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭babs.jones

My 6year old told me he doesn't want to have his double barrel name (mymaiden name and husbands name) so for the first time I put his name down as just having my husbands surname on his school books He was really excited bout this ;) but turned round to me. And he said mam I still look like u is that no enough ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

My son had surgery earlier today and when he started to come round from the anaesthetic but still under it's influence he started thanking everybody like they do when someone wins an oscar. He cannot remember saying any of it. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Is it me? or does this thread gets you all emotional? :S

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭fiona12

I have just had the best laugh ever! My 2 kiddos (9 & 10) Found a wasp, put him in a lunchbox with flowers and stuff and then called him Jimmy. This all happened at around 11 this morning.

Sadly Jimmy passed away this evening, the 2 kids decided that he needed a proper funeral and buried him outside in the garden. The funny thing was though, she took the mobile phone out and voice recorded the funeral! It was hilarious!

She started off by saying "we are gathered here today to celibrate the short life of Jimmy the wasp" I couldn't keep a straight face:). She then proceeded to explain how a was grave should be dug and in the background you could hear the younger one screaming as if he's just lost a child, at this point I was crying with laughter.

The little one's sceaming was so bad that she sceamed at the top of her lungs SHUT UP! He was like what? She was like, dude, we're having a funeral here, stop with the sillyness. He was like, but I'm so saaaadddd whaaaa whaaaa!!!!

Thank God the recording stopped there, I nearly wet meself.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

He brought his dirty clothes down stairs :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Thought I had posted this earlier but either it's disappeared or I never posted it properly!!!:confused:

My youngest son who is 9 makes me smile most days! He is incredibly affectionate and is constantly hugging me and giving me compliments like "Your the best mom in the world".......

It's really lovely to hear as the older lads arent into the whole hugging thing now.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

fiona12 wrote: »
    I have just had the best laugh ever! My 2 kiddos (9 & 10) Found a wasp, put him in a lunchbox with flowers and stuff and then called him Jimmy. This all happened at around 11 this morning.

Sadly Jimmy passed away this evening, the 2 kids decided that he needed a proper funeral and buried him outside in the garden. The funny thing was though, she took the mobile phone out and voice recorded the funeral! It was hilarious!

She started off by saying "we are gathered here today to celibrate the short life of Jimmy the wasp" I couldn't keep a straight face:). She then proceeded to explain how a was grave should be dug and in the background you could hear the younger one screaming as if he's just lost a child, at this point I was crying with laughter.

The little one's sceaming was so bad that she sceamed at the top of her lungs SHUT UP! He was like what? She was like, dude, we're having a funeral here, stop with the sillyness. He was like, but I'm so saaaadddd whaaaa whaaaa!!!!

Thank God the recording stopped there, I nearly wet meself.:)

Please share the recording :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭fiona12

Please share the recording :D

Will do, but not sure how? :o

Listened to it again there was some talk on it of it (I thought it was Jimmy, turned out to be Benjamin) being a sacred wasp. And the little one in the backgroud screaming "Why God WHYYYY!":D:D:D

I don't know how to load it onto the computer from the phone, will check if I have a cable for it 2morro & try to figure it out

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I love the wasp funeral:)

My 2 year old was calling me mammy lady this evening!

We were both wearing dresses earlier so she told her grandad and dad we were married;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

My 9 month old is currently sitting on the floor unpacking and repacking her changing bag while muttering something that sounds like "google gurgle nada mam" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Justask wrote: »
    He brought his dirty clothes down stairs :eek:

He did WHAT?!?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭madbev90210

Love this thread! I said to my 4 yr old son that he was being a whinge bag to which he replied very defiantly " Im not a whingebag, Im a LOVE bag! Class! :D

Tayla wrote: »
    He did WHAT?!?! :eek:

WAIT....:eek:

Last night he emptied to dishwasher :eek:

Conversation went a bit like this...

Me....Did you empty the dishwasher?

Him....Yes mum :D:D:D

Me....What are you looking for?

Him....Nothing :D

Fast forward to going to school this morning

Him.... Mummmmmm can I got to Rollar on Friday? :D

All i could do was giggle :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am obviously past it!!

"Him.... Mummmmmm can I got to Rollar on Friday?"

no idea what that means?

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I am obviously past it!!

"Him.... Mummmmmm can I got to Rollar on Friday?"

no idea what that means?

The Mummm bit is when they say mum but make it sound cuter by the mmmm at the end lol

The Rollar is a disco on skates :)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

Picked my little girl up last night from her bed to go to the toilet i hadnt seen her all day both arms around my neck head on my shoulder i thought she was still asleep as i carried her she says daddy i saw 2 rainbows today, dont know why but it got me right there if you know what i mean.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I love the wasp funeral:)

My 2 year old was calling me mammy lady this evening!

We were both wearing dresses earlier so she told her grandad and dad we were married;)

Addison has taken to saying "Thank you Lady" to me... I know it's from some cartoon that I cannot remember the name of, but she's never seen it! Oh and I get "Pleased to meet you Grandma" and a shake of the hand sometimes too :confused:

Advertisement