Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Curve 8520 questions.

Options
  • 04-07-2011 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭

So im thinking of getting a new phone, and im going to get a blackberry as i like the idea of BBM. Im looking at the blackberry curve 8520, and was wondering would I be able to use the BBM when i go on holidays to bulgaria, as some people are saying you cant :confused: If anyone could help me here that would be great,
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    So im thinking of getting a new phone, and im going to get a blackberry as i like the idea of BBM. Im looking at the blackberry curve 8520, and was wondering would I be able to use the BBM when i go on holidays to bulgaria, as some people are saying you cant :confused: If anyone could help me here that would be great,
    Cheers.

If any networks in Bulgaria support bbm then yes you can but data will be expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

But would it not be covered in the 10 euro a month you pay for BBM?

But would it not be covered in the 10 euro a month you pay for BBM?

Not while roaming it wouldn't no.

Ah right, i was under the impression that while on holidays you would be able to use BBM to text people but it wouldnt cost.
    Theres that idea out the window :/

So i asked a couple of my mates who have blackberrys, and there saying that the BBM sevice is free anywhere in the world :confused:
    Im on pay as you go, and top up by 20 euro a month to get free calls and texts to 085, and im taking it if i got a blackberry it would take 10 euro a month off me for BIS. Am i right ? And if i payed that 10 euro would it not cover the costs while im in bulgaria ? :confused:

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

So i asked a couple of my mates who have blackberrys, and there saying that the BBM sevice is free anywhere in the world :confused:
    Im on pay as you go, and top up by 20 euro a month to get free calls and texts to 085, and im taking it if i got a blackberry it would take 10 euro a month off me for BIS. Am i right ? And if i payed that 10 euro would it not cover the costs while im in bulgaria ? :confused:

Cheers

It's not free, it uses data as far as i'm aware, so you would be paying data roaming charges where ever your using it on meteor. You also need to make sure meteor have a data roaming agreement there.

You're more than welcome to try but trust me there will be charges. I've been using a Blackberry since 2004. In saying that though data charges would be tiny if it's charged per kb as BBM uses very little data. But there will be some charge!

cookie1977 wrote: »
    You're more than welcome to try but trust me there will be charges. I've been using a Blackberry since 2004. In saying that though data charges would be tiny if it's charged per kb as BBM uses very little data. But there will be some charge!
    Ah right now i get yas :P
    Would be cool if it was covered under the BIS ad on that you pay for over here, :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,219 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Does it work abroad if you have WIFI?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 0216bubbles

The bb is a very boring phone. Dare isnt much to it da only gud thng is tis easy t text with!

• Advertisement

Damo you do know the blackberry your looking at the 8520 is now 3 years old and does not have 3G.

Bubbles above who i'm presuming is on meteor is talking a bit of sense.

I want a blackberry because i think there cool looking, i like the idea of bbm and alot of people i know who arent on 085 have it aswell. I will use it for going on facebook when im out and about, i dont want to use it for anything else, if i wanted to browse the web then id just use my ipod touch when near a wifi spot :)

On wifi both email and BBM will work anywhere.

Great, thats good to know :)

Cheers for all the replys lads, think ill go for one :D

Just before you part with your money, check this baby out, It's a facebookers wet dream. Cha Cha!!

It's out in the next week or two, save up a few more pennies;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

What's the best deal you can get on one of these with Pay As You Go,on any network with a new number?
    Would be used more so for the net and texts rather than making calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 0216bubbles

U kan get da chacha on ebay frm england unlockd prices between 200euro ta 250euro excludn postage

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DylanW2727

How do you get blackberrys to take ten euro after top up

What do you mean?

Advertisement