Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mother killed five-year-old son 'for breaking TV when he was playing Nintendo Wii'

Options
  • 21-06-2011 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭

A mother has admitted to brutally killing her five-year-old son after he broke her television set when he was playing Nintendo Wii.

Kim Crawford, 21, told police she beat her son Jamar Johnson 'harder than I have ever hit him' before leaving him to suffer in pain for almost a week at their Bronx apartment before calling for help.

She watched Jamar, who had suffered severe internal injuries, vomit and listened to him complain of terrible pain for five days but refused to take him to hospital for fear of arrest.

She admitted to police that she 'hit Jamar twice in the back and twice in the stomach,' according to the New York Daily News.

Five days later, after complaining of constant pain, she 'held Jamar's hand and it was cold' on Friday night, police said. 'He wasn't moving.'

She told officers she had not reported the horrific injuries because she was 'worried they'd see the bruises and I'd get in trouble.'

'Whether or not she did it on purpose doesn't matter, because my beautiful grandson is gone and he's not coming back.

'It's a tragedy. It's inexcusable.'

Grandmother, Betsy Johnson

Jamar died at Montefiore Medical Center late on Friday of an infection from a lacerated pancreas and intestine.

Miss Crawford has since been charged with murder and manslaughter and is currently being held without bond.

She has previous arrests for drugs and assault and a history of domestic incidents with Jamal's father, according to police.

Authorities were called nine times since 2006 for domestic incidents involving the couple and Miss Crawford had an open warrant for violating probation when she was arrested.

'I can't believe this,' Jamar's father told the Daily News.

His grandmother, Betsy Johnson, added: 'Whether or not she did it on purpose doesn't matter, because my beautiful grandson is gone and he's not coming back.

'It's a tragedy. It's inexcusable.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2006269/Mother-killed-year-old-son-breaking-TV-playing-Nintendo-Wii.html#ixzz1Pv4Hgekn

Holy crap :eek:

Terrible thing...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

That's so sad, poor kid.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭silverspoon

Good Jesus! That's an awful tragedy. The poor little boy, five days in torture...:mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

That's absolutly terrible.

She was more concerned about her own image/protection (i.e. not getting arrested) that she let her son suffer in pain and eventually die. Bítch :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

That is one fcuked up , excuse of a mother .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Well he wont do it again ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

• Registered Users Posts: 30,108 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Game Over!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭madmammy

i hope she gets the same torture x10....theres no excuse for doing that to any child

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Hard to imagine that she was worried about being done for child abuse that she didn't get him the care and attention he needed yet had she done so, the child would most likley be still alive and she would have had less serious charge against her than what she sure as hell will face now .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Granny should be allowed to beat that evil bítch senseless with a baseball bat. Then let her feel what it's like to die slowly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Bazzy wrote: »

Jesus. I've told bad jokes in my time but that is absolutely shameful…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Ive a lump in my throat after reading that, rip the poor kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Watch out Jamie Redknapp. Harry's got a temper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

First time an article has made me physically sick...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Did you double post that on purpose?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Poor kid. Why do some people have children in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Did you double post that on purpose?

yes, to be extra cuntish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

bonerm wrote: »
    Watch out Jamie Redknapp. Harry's got a temper too.

We can all wish

That's one of the most upsetting things I've read in a while. The poor little thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Latchy wrote: »
    That is one fcuked up , excuse of a mother .

She is no mother, she just gave birth to the kid. No one who could do that could ever be called a mother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Horrific!

Some people aren't fit to be parents....I mean why bother having children if you are going to abuse them?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭mystique150

No excusing what she did, but she is young, only 21 and obviously is a lone parent as nobody came to the house in the five days while the kid was dying! Why did nobody come to check that he wasn't in school? Where was his dad? She could have been mentally ill for all we know and not getting any support. It's very sad for all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

No excusing what she did, but she is young, only 21 and obviously is a lone parent as nobody came to the house in the five days while the kid was dying! Why did nobody come to check that he wasn't in school? Where was his dad? She could have been mentally ill for all we know and not getting any support. It's very sad for all involved.

Her age, mental health, status and the presence or not of her child's father are no excuse for what she did.

You may not mean to but it does sound as if you are giving her excuses tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Reading stuff like this always kinda ruins my day. The poor fucking mite. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭mystique150

Her age, mental health, status and the presence or not of her child's father are no excuse for what she did.

You may not mean to but it does sound as if you are giving her excuses tbh.

I'm not excusing what she did, it is absolutely horrendous. I find it so bad, that I think the woman had something very wrong with her as nobody of a sound mind could have left the child die like that. I'm just trying to imagine what would have brought to her to something so insane. I don't think anyone can be that evil without being crazy and I'm sure there had to have been warnings before, which makes me mad that nobody checked on her or the kids for five days! It's easy for us to say people like that shouldn't have kids, but they do and this is the type of existence they have. It just makes you wonder how screwed up the lives of so many kids are...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Fvcking monster. Unfortunately New York doesn't have the death penalty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

No but about it, or excuses for what she did. Most parents would agree that a child can try your patience, and in the heat of the moment say something or smack a child. If he broke the TV he should have been grounded and banned from his games and whatever privileges he had, not KILLED. She beat her own son so badly, it eventually led to his death - she had FIVE days to do the right thing, but she didn't. She consciously decided to conseal his injuries to save her own ass. That is as cruel, evil, and selfish as you can get.
    She has previous arrests for drug s and assault and a history of domestic incidents with Jamal's father, according to police.
    She chose her life path, and the above ^ is what she subjected herself and son to.

Im not being unsympathetic, I understand lone parents do find it harder to get by, particularly so if the father or mother is no use or absent. But they don't ask to be brought into the world, every child has the right to a happy, safe environment. She had an uncontrolable temper that cost her son his life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Fvcking monster. Unfortunately New York doesn't have the death penalty

Why deprive her of her inevitable lifelong tourment? She'll probably commit suicide in jail anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

Some people cannot be allowed to have children, simple as that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Lets all show disgust at her violent act and wish acts of gratuitous violence on her. Thats how this works right?

Poor kid, RIP.

Advertisement