Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic LZ81 More Problems

Options
  • 06-06-2011 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

Anyone missing BBC1 HD and BBC HD with early Panasonic Freesat Tv's please note the following:-

All Panasonic 2008 LZD81 and PZ81 models seem to require a full shipping condition reset to get the DVB-S2 signal working on the new BBC1HD and BBCHD channels.

"I have the PZ81 and freesat auto re-tune was not enough, nor was manual tuning on “other sat” mode – it found the new channels and listed them but “no signal” onscreen.
    Shipping condition reset is by itself not so bad just for freesat retuning, but it does return all your other settings to defaults and any “other sat” tuning will have to be done again which can be extremely slow. AV / HDMI settings also have to be reallocated / renamed if you don’t use the default names provided. The same happened when CH4HD was officially launched.
    Conclusion; Panasonic 2008 sets can handle DVB-S2 but cannot do so automatically so any future changes of this sort will also require full shipping condition resets because I cannot imaging P bothering to upgrade the software to take account of this."

If you have a 5 year warranty and the software/Firmware is not upgraded to take account of this perhaps a replacement TV is warranted. (in my dreams)

Nice one Panasonic!!!

Ae

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Aepos

After all this when you restore from the Hotel backup file you lose BBC HD and BBC1 HD again. What a total screw up. Ae

Advertisement