Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If expelled from school, can I still sit my Leaving Cert?

Options
  • 23-05-2011 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I finished school last friday and as a joke I posted a video online. It's simply some film of my teachers edited to look like their singing a song. I arrived in today to pick up some stuff, and was told I would be expelled if I didn't take down the video. The video is staying up.

To be as clear as possible, I have never been suspended. I haven't even been to detention since second year. This doesn't seem like an expellable offense, but it looks like that might be up to them.

My question is, if I was expelled from school, could I still sit my exams?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

You're a legend.

My brother was expelled for driving a tractor lawnmower through the tennis courts. But he was still allowed to sit his leaving. But that's a good 20yrs ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

Well it wouldn't kill you to take it down. If you get expelled , then it's your tough **** seriously. You'd regret it if you did get expelled. I hope you don't but it's your fault if you do. Why not private the video and make it public after the leaving.

My 2 cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

I was expelled from school 28 yrs ago(I was in 2nd year at the time) for less, as a result I sat no exams and have no formal qualifications which has made life tough over the years (I'm like the "Boy called Sue", an old Johnny Cash song).
    Why give yourself the stress? (particularly if you're in an exam year), at the end of the day, if you get expelled, it's you who loses, the smartass teacher still has his/her job (with pension) and you'll be the one with regrets for the rest of your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Right, so you edited your teachers to look like they're singing...your teachers who you just happened to catch up close reading out Justin Bieber lyrics?

Your video is pretty crap and you're clearly just looking to up your number of views

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

Sonovagun wrote: »
    You're a legend.

My brother was expelled for driving a tractor lawnmower through the tennis courts. But he was still allowed to sit his leaving. But that's a good 20yrs ago.

Ye that's something to say to him if he gets expelled aswell ! I'm sure he will need encouragement then !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Not sure about not allowing you to sit your exams, but take the video down. Are you really going to allow something like this mess up your academic history.

Personally, its not even that funny.

Wasn't the leaving cert, but GCSE's. Couple of lads from my school got expelled, were only allowed back in to sit there exams, and then managed to get them selves expelled from them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

One obvious solution ! Take it down !

You can post whatever you want online during the summer, but maybe you should be a little more focused on your exams rather then standing up for your rights and trying to "defeat the man". The school obviously isn`t going to allow you post a video of staff like that, especially if its manufactured in the first place.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement