Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Does anyone do this course and want to tell me about it?"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭scottg4life

Would anyone be able to tell me about a course in music performance(PIANO) in either RoyalIrish Academy, DIT, NUI Maynooth or other??
    I have looked at websites but did not find much. I f anyone is studying piano or music in any of the colleges please share your experiences and tell me what to expect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Taty666

looking for any info about UL courses with Japanese, LM044 or LM055 or LM032 ( Mature student)
    please PM

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kettle22

Anyone doing History, Politics, Sociology and Social Studies in UL? If so, I would love some first hand experiences of the course! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ShortDamo

I've got the BA course in Mary Immaculate College as first on my CAO and was wondering could people give me as much information and experiences of it and the college. I'm thinking of Theology, history, philosophy and English. I would love to hear comments about these like modules choice, lecturers, workload etc, or recommendations of any other subjects. Thanks and all is much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Rosewaterstone

hi. i'm considering doing business and german in ul. however,i have a few worries! i love business as a subject but im not strong at maths and i'm in pass,i know there is some maths in this course, but how difficult is it? i would like to pick marketing as my major option in the second year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Clearl

jazzzzy wrote: »
    If anyone is looking for information about Applied Psychology in UCC or just Psychology in general, let me know! Would be more than happy to give information to anyone interested, as i can't promote psychology enough! :D

YES im thinking about it but it's alot of points, so i want to do it in the college where its lowest (possibly NUIM?) anyway i dont know if i would be able for it as i'm not good at maths but the subject interests me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 kate747

Anyone do this course? If so can you tell me about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Physiotherepy anywhere? & also Science - Health & Performance UCD? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭happyfish

Its already been asked but they didn't get an answer so i hope its ok to ask again if theres anyone doing social work?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 36 keeirs

im trying to decide which arts course is better but I dont know anyone actually doing either of the arts courses im interested in so im just going to ask here... Im trying to decide between Arts in Mary I in Limerick or Arts in UCC. I want to be a secondary school teacher and my four main interests are geography religion, english & psychology. Please help! Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Again anyone doing biomedical and health sciences in UCD or anywhere else? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MikeHough

Biochemistry, biomedical engineering or computer aided design engineering.
    Preferably in UL but anywhere else would also help.
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MsJenjers

TSM English Literature & German in Trinity
    European Studies in Trinity
    Music in Trinity

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭biggaman

Psychology in UL/DCU/UCD anyone? any input would be greatly appreciated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Lexii307

ciaradx wrote: »
    Just finished 1st year Genetics in UCC. Anyone want information just ask!

I REALLY want genetics if i dont get med! Is it a good course and is cork a really good place to go to college? I would love an insight if you could help me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Hogwarts

I'm really confused! I've just hit 17, doing the Leaving Cert this year. But most of my friends are like, 15-17 year olds! :p So the idea of joining a Third Level Education system, up in Dublin, miles and miles from home, with mostly 18-19 year-olds is almost daunting. Well, no, completely daunting! I'm thinking Law in Trinity, but I had always thought teaching, but I'm quite philosophical and artistic, slightly interested in psychology, good at languages, media studies and business; but have been told I'd become a good barrister AND/OR a good teacher. As if things aren't confusing enough! But I do want one of those professions... :rolleyes: I am mature in terms of education, I am hiiiighly academic :p but still I'm quite young at heart, in a class of people of ages two to three years beyond mine! So basically I'm just really lost. Any tips or suggestions Third Level-ers from what you've read? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Hogwarts wrote: »
    I'm really confused! I've just hit 17, doing the Leaving Cert this year. But most of my friends are like, 15-17 year olds! :p So the idea of joining a Third Level Education system, up in Dublin, miles and miles from home, with mostly 18-19 year-olds is almost daunting. Well, no, completely daunting! I'm thinking Law in Trinity, but I had always thought teaching, but I'm quite philosophical and artistic, slightly interested in psychology, good at languages, media studies and business; but have been told I'd become a good barrister AND/OR a good teacher. As if things aren't confusing enough! But I do want one of those professions... :rolleyes: I am mature in terms of education, I am hiiiighly academic :p but still I'm quite young at heart, in a class of people of ages two to three years beyond mine! So basically I'm just really lost. Any tips or suggestions Third Level-ers from what you've read? :(
    No harm in taking a year out, especially if you're only just gone 17.

17 is very young in college. I was 18 for a good few months when I started college, yet most people in my year were at least a year older than me!

Moving up has positives though, especially if you find a course that you're interested in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Hogwarts

NufcNavan wrote: »
    No harm in taking a year out, especially if you're only just gone 17.

17 is very young in college. I was 18 for a good few months when I started college, yet most people in my year were at least a year older than me!

Moving up has positives though, especially if you find a course that you're interested in.

Thanks. I'm sure I will. But even then, I'll be your age (for the time) then next year :P
    Still young :D

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Hogwarts wrote: »
    Thanks. I'm sure I will. But even then, I'll be your age (for the time) then next year :P
    Still young :D

I was 17 when i started college 2 years ago!
    You won't be the only one that age trust me its common enough!
    And a year or 2 at the stage doesn't change maturity much,i know im still a complete messier.

I say go for it,ive encountered no difficulty what so ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 MedMan101

anybody here doing biomedical science in galway? can you share a little information please!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Sm4shbox

Analytical science @ DCU

What's the course and lecturers like?
    Any idea of the college hours per week?

Have it down on the CAO in my top 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Areq

ENGINEERING at UCD leading to BIOMEDICAL .
    Is this a really demanding course ? im considering it, but im kind of lazy.
    is much chemistry involved ? when are the exams held , xmas , easter or when?
    is it fun? like , i love biology and don't mind phys and math, so would that be just perfect or is there another factor to consider ? If you could just write me PM instead of posting here that would be great !!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Did anyone do a Chemistry degree in UCC? I'd love some insight into it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

Does AIt do web development. What's it like. Is it hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 wazzarooney

Did anyone study Finance in UCC? Would be grateful for your insight

• Registered Users Posts: 35 lauzie2011

Hey:) does anybody have any information on Commerce International (business and french) in UCD or Trinity ? :) Also if anybody has info on BESS in trinity it will be greatly appreciated !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Scurrilous Dykes.

Has anybody done (BESS) at Trinity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 rower93

Anyone doing biomedical science in DIT at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Any Body Do History In NUI Maynooth This Year !!! Is It Any Good ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭GregoryNimmo

Anyone know of any easy course to get into, with a wide variety of people and pretty decent job outcome? Just as a back up choice haha

Advertisement