Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eczema in pregnancy

Options
  • 14-04-2011 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Was wondering if any of you ladies suffer from eczema? Mine has gotten to the point where I can't sleep at night with the itch and doc maintains he cannot give me anything other than antihistamines for the itch - tried them before and don't think they were particularly effective :(
    Anyone have any suggestions for me? Non-medical advice only of course ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SuzieD

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you're suffering with eczema and losing sleep. Econatural.ie sells a range of organic clothing with 'silver soothe' which eases the night-time itch significantly.
    http://www.econatural.ie/Default.aspx?tabid=155

I hope you get some relief from your symptoms.

Best, Suzie.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

got it really bad on my hands wth my 1st baby.
    Go to the pharmacist they will have something that they can give you.I ended up needing to use a steroid cream.
    e45 shower gel/handwash
    Silcocks base and emolliant cream all helped at different times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

It's probably getting worse as baby is starving you of your natural oils which is drying out the skin more. You could try taking Mor-EPA which is a fish oils capsule and safe during pregnancy. Not only is it safe but its got all the omega's recommended for pregnancy so its good for baby too! I got mine in the Health Store.

I had really bad dermatitis which developed in pregnancy and only cleared once I started taking these capsules a couple of weeks ago so I would highly recommend them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭calculator

Thanks for the replies everyone, I will definitely investigate some of these! Skin is painful today but I'm distracted as I have 20 week scan in the afternoon :D

Advertisement