Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stationery bargains - Tesco

Options
  • 16-03-2011 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭

Picked up a few bits in Tesco in Wilton today for what I thought were good prices.
    Ringbinder 3 pack - 47c
    Lever Arch binders 2 pack - 55c
    Mini Assortment (Pink pencil, 2 rubbers, topper, highlighter, sticky note things) - 32c
    Binder maths set (compass, pencil, 2 set squares, protracter, topper, rubber) - 25c
    Stapler - 47c
    Hole Punch - 50c
    I thought the binders were particularly good value, especially at this time of year when exams are approaching and notes need to be sorted:(
    They also had a few other bits for similar prices but can't really remember what they were.
    Also got 2 packets of Centennial coated chilli peanuts for 97c each (down from €1.59) and Tayto 6 packs are half price at €1.04. And twix/malteasers/milky way/mars bars mini bags are all half price.
    Good offers to be found elsewhere in the store, seems to be a lot of special offer sections in around. A pack of Felt pad type things for putting under furniture to avoid scratched floors were about 37c.

That is all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Swirls

That's great. I wonder if it's just in Wilton...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Swirls wrote: »
    That's great. I wonder if it's just in Wilton...

I'd say it's all Tesco's as the offer is on in Youghal as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Swirls

Or at the very least, all branches in Co. Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Tesco in Maynooth had the same tonight I picked up some items there Great value

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Picked up 2 packs of 20 bic biros (blue,red,green,black) for 62c each and 4 packs of 12 pencils at 9c each (probably rubbish but at 9c who is complaining) This was in Mahon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Have they any calculators?
    Theres something wrong with the one I got from Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Great bargain it would appear, on paper at least ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Or maybe it's not that much to write home about?

Anhow biro not forget it. Must pencil it into my phone's reminder for next Tesco visit.

<Groan, I know!>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭ando

Don't rule anything out... *silence*

• Registered Users Posts: 43,830 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Why does every Bargain Alert now has to turn into a barrage of puns? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Well you could draw the line but you'd still be a protractor!

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jessica Fletcher

They have this magnificent little gadget for 70c, it slices through wrapping paper in a straight line which is more than I can ever manage with a scissors! They're over a fiver in Dunnes.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scotch-Gift-Wrap-Paper-Cutter/dp/B004S9AILK/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1300723538&sr=8-9

319DHz%2BmvFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Can also be used as a murder weapon, right Jessica? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Basq wrote: »

In fairness your usually the first one in with a pun.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭stop

Basq wrote: »
    Was gonna rush out to get them but probably little chance of them moving fast...

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

Got this today in my local Tesco. It includes a puncher, staple remover, stapler, spare staples and a tape dispenser. Paid 6c for the whole lot :D

Also got a Toy Story pencil case (full of stuff like felt tip pencils, colouring pencils, ruler etc) for €2.50, a set of 3 copy books for 37c and an electronic fishing rod for €2.

Magic.

Advertisement