Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Military Photo Thread (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

Maybe we should start a Military Video Thread?
    xXx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Maybe we should start a Military Video Thread?
    xXx

considering there was ( is ) debate about letting the photo thread stay open in the airsoft forum, it might be better just to keep it all under the same thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

well tbh its a little off topic for airsoft forum more at home in the military forum than hear for some people, so i know there has been some debate between mod in the back ground, im happy they keeped it open

edit : reply removed :) comments look odd know :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Lads anyone have any ifo on the M-16A5

David

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

What i meant is that i didn't like the fact there were sprinkles of videos slippen into a photo thread :o
    Am lovin' the photos so far and i'd hate to see it ruined with millions of videos, like the one with the cat...
    xXx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Puding wrote: »
    cobragold6small.jpg

Are those not blank rounds? Note the crimped sides where the bullet should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Are those not blank rounds? Note the crimped sides where the bullet should be.

Yeah, blanks alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevinhalvey

those special forces lads have some mixture of weapons

ump`s ak74 g36 rpk i think m1014

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

whydave wrote: »
    WANT !!!!
    Can be arranged ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭AUDIE MURPHY

WANT !!!!
    Their available on ebay, but for serious shillings Dave...:mad:

serious shillings Dave...:mad:
    Sorry only have Euro (and some punt !!!!)

David

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

369255.jpg
    A formation of armored vehicles, manned by U.S. Army and Marine Corps personnel...

Somehow, I doubt those M84s are crewed by Americans.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭JonnyTwoCombs

Somehow, I doubt those M84s are crewed by Americans.

NTM

Why?

Because the US doesn't use M84s?

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

And also because it's highly likely that the local Army would be given pride of place in leading the parade.

US Forces leading a parade in the Mid East is not good PR these days, it's all about looking like helpers.

In fairness, the not-a-tanks do appear to be crewed by Marines and Army. There's nothing to say that there isn't something behind the camera and in front of them, placing them in the middle of the procession. For all we know, the cameraman is standing on top of a Kuwaiti M577.

NTM

Ooooh.. interesting.

kuwait6small.jpg

Let's see who's got an eye for details.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Let's see who's got an eye for details.

Those sure don't look like kuwaiti flags in a kuwaiti parade .... also looks like the older, 1991 Iraqi flag at that since there would appear to be no markings between the stars.

Lemming wrote: »
    Those sure don't look like kuwaiti flags in a kuwaiti parade .... also looks like the older, 1991 Iraqi flag at that since there would appear to be no markings between the stars.

You're looking in the right place, those are Syrian flags.

But the tanks are definitely Kuwaiti M84s. Looks like they loaned Syrian troops their tanks. Syria uses the very similar T-72, so they'll know how to not break them.

NTM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Sealcon

Where can I get me one of those light saber attachments, he he he :D

crewed by Americans.

NTM

For you !!!
    70esfc.jpg
    Soldiers with the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment stand pose for a photo before the beginning of the 50-20 celebration. The soldiers were in Kuwait participated in the parade marking the independence from Great Britain and the Desert Storm victory.

Thought only USN SEALs carried/ were issued Sigs (Mk.24) apart from air crews and some tank crews which carry different Sigs. SOCOM units have their selection of various HKs, and those guys look like one of the SOCOM branches to me as apposed to SEALs.

bgxkap.jpg
    ''is shot with a taser by Gunnery Sgt. Brian Dye'' = pure joy !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

I think it should be standard practice that anyone issued with a Taser should be shot with it as part of their training. Some organisations do that, but everyone should.

Q: why are the belts different colours?
    A: MCMAP

For you !!!

Those are M1A2s. The tanks in the initial photograph were M84s.
    Thought only USN SEALs carried/ were issued Sigs (Mk.24) apart from air crews and some tank crews which carry different Sigs.

Tankers carry the M9 (Beretta FS92). MPs and aircrew get the M11 (SIG P228).

Which photo are you talking about, anyway? I don't see any SIG pistols recently.

NTM

r0U9hv.jpg
    [/QUOTE]

Those look like 226's to me. Mk.24s under SOCOM.
    Also I read that a few thousand SP2022s were delivered to US tank crew forces at a base I cannot currently recall.

Those are Berettas. The shape of the holster (complete with the 'shaved slide silhouette') is enough to verify that.

However, a close-up of one of the lads.

mask.jpg
    Also I read that a few thousand SP2022s were delivered to US tank crew forces at a base I cannot currently recall.

Only reference I can find is 5,000 P2022s ordered by TACOM (Tank automotives and Armament Command) back in 2004. TACOM is a massive organisation which, despite the first word being 'tank', does not confine itself to tank systems. TACOM also handles foreign military sales, it seems that the SP2022s were sent on to Colombia.

A similar purchase of a few thousand Ruger P95s by TACOM started a rumour that the US Army was going to start issuing those, but they ended up in the Iraqi Army.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭thebillynator

img6724295.jpg

Is that the type of plane the Irish Air Corps use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

I think that is a Super Tucano rather than a Pilatus PC-9. Not 100% sure.

Advertisement