Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco 1p deals (maybe)

Options
  • 02-03-2011 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Dont know if this is available in Ireland but certain items in tesco are reduced to 1p to clear stock. Offer is at the discretion of the store. The 1p price will only show up if you scan it or bring it to checkout. Some known goods on offer are included in the link.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2711727
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Very strange. Yes, this seems real, at least in the UK... but how can this be expected to "clear stock" when it's not the marked shelf price!? It's only value would seem to be to create an Internet frenzy.

Ix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Might take a look later and see if any of the items posted on MSE indeed do go through at 1c(ish) Will post back later with my findings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 benfr

Nice find! thanks for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Whats MSE lindstree?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

MoneySavingExpert - the website in the original post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Found nothing on a quick search of Mahon Tesco, a few of the things on the list were there but not reduced at all. Not really worth the search I'm afraid. Better off checking the reduced to clear sections for discontinued items, got a few highly reduced things there in the past, but the only thing I ever got in Tesco for 1c were halloween fondant eggs! And something else for 3c but I can't remember what that was:cool:
    No other great deals except half price mini twixes/mars bars/malteaser bags and manhattan peanuts selection for €1.50 (about 8 small bags of different kinds of peanuts-chilli,dry roasted, salted, chocolate, honey roast)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

Nothing in Drogheda Xtra store either - named items all still full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

In Ireland its 25c, its the default discontinued price. Items should be removed from the shop floor as soon as 1 scans at 25c, so you'd be really lucky to find 1.

Once one sells a report should print out to prevent anymore being sold.

When the prices are printed out each morning the person displaying the prices should take the item off sale. Sometimes the products end up back on the shelf.

Only happens at certain times of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭thesandeman

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    In Ireland its 25c, its the default discontinued price. Items should be removed from the shop floor as soon as 1 scans at 25c, so you'd be really lucky to find 1.

Lol. The Tesco haters in the ROI forum will love that bit when they get wind of it. The calculators will be out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I saw a big box of cadbury wishes in Tesco Lucan, they were 25 cent each.

Just in case anybody really liked them :p

Is there any particular reason the default discontinued price is 25c in Ireland and 1p in the UK?

• Advertisement

No, doesn't make any difference, its just priced at that to distinguish the item not to sell the item.

These item are usually products were credit has been granted but it would cost too much to return the product so it is just removed for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    No, doesn't make any difference, its just priced at that to distinguish the item not to sell the item.

These item are usually products were credit has been granted but it would cost too much to return the product so it is just removed for sale.
    Full credit has been granted to the supplier, so the item should properly be removed from sale AND presumably destroyed rather than sold off very cheaply (which could impact the full-price sales of the supplier)?

Is it the case that NOTHING normally will be priced at 25cent then in a Tesco store?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jessica Fletcher

Couldn't even find the products when I looked, not to mind substantially reduced ones. Had to console myself with 5 packs of Mars Bars on BOGOF (10 bars for €2.59) instead :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 beemaja

Just wondering,

I had a few reductions in Tesco Dun Loaghaire of the Christmas stock items, might not be related but there were marked to sell at 25 Cent.

Anyone knows which Tesco in Dublin sells Playmobile? Would be worth a shot.

There was playmobile little toys for toddlers sold off at 75% off in the main aisle about last august. They were all about 3/4 quid each.

Each seasons items are cleared to 25c about 7 weeks after the event, so thats why the x-mas stuff was 25c, usually mens socks!

Advertisement