Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor-N8/galaxy s/HTC desire free (in longford store so far)

Options
  • 23-01-2011 3:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi

This bargain wont suit everyone but i went into Meteor store today to try buy the nokia N8 payasgo for 429 but they are doing it for free on all tarriffs on billpay til end of month or you can get the galaxy s or Desire.

I signed up for 25 a month for twelve months so get the phone for 300 over twelve months interest free if you get what im saying. Also i have a spare sim with 200 mins and 200 texts on it each month.

Hope you get what im saying here i know it wont suit all but could be worth it for anyone looking to get one of these phones on meteor pay as go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Seems like a very decent deal if you can get them free on the €25 tariff. €300 for a Desire or Galaxy S is quite good, with Minutes and Texts a month on top of that. Although I wouldn't touch the N8, they would want to be giving me €300 for an N8 to take it off their hands.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Any idea when this ends and if other phones are available?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭grinder23

Any idea when this ends and if other phones are available?

Guy said til end of month and its only the n8,desire or galaxy on meteor

or on emobile its the galaxy,desire or sony vivas and their lowest plan is 19 a month which is cheaper and the plan has 100 mins and 100 text and unlimited landline calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I went online a few weeks back and picked a plan that would suit me. They took 250 off credit card for HTC desire hd. Sent me email confirming the deal and asked me for 300 deposit. Took me a week to get the original 250 back off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Morgans

Can I ask OP which meteor shop it was that you got this deal in?

Was in meteor store last week and wasnt aware of this deal, the salesperson didnt mention it either, so would be good to get as much info as possible before heading in again.

Thanks for the heads-up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

I don't see this offer available online is it instore only?

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Its just the normal desire right, not the HD?And also does this plan come with the ole free meteor texts and calls and some form of monthly data allowance?If so will prob snap it up tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

A relative bought the regular HTC Desire, yesterday, and was charged €149, in-store.

Went with an 18 months contract @ €20 per month (which seems to be the 18 month version of the OP's contract). Would have been nice to have been informed of this offer at the time.

EDIT: Phoned Meteor (Henry St.) and was told that the OP's offer doesn't exist. Would only be ably to get such phones for free on a much higher monthly tariff (€85 was the amount mentioned).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

The staff of various Meteor stores apparently know nothing of this offer, and seem to think somebody might have their wires crossed. The E Mobile staff member I spoke to (when asked about his company's alleged offer) was pretty sure he was being wound up.

It would be great if the OP could clarify which meteor store gave him the information regarding the above handsets being discounted in some cases by almost €170 per transaction, and then being sold on a plan with no data.

Y'know, just for clarification.

sorry been away all morning

i got it in the Meteor/e-mobile shop in Longford

and yea it was the old desire on offer not the Z or HD my mate got the galaxys as an extra number on his existing bill at 25 a month for 12 months and has it sold for 350 to another mate but he still has a spare simcard with 200 mins and texts on it each month

the shop in longford is branded with emobile too so maybe its only those stores ill try find out when im in town today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

I rang a meteor store in Kildare and they said they haven't heard of the offer.

What store did you go to OP?

I rang a meteor store in Kildare and they said they haven't heard of the offer.

What store did you go to OP?

Longford its a meteor and emobile shop and they said the offer is on emobile too just not the N8 but the vivas instead which isnt a smart phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

grinder23 wrote: »
    sorry been away all morning

i got it in the Meteor/e-mobile shop in Longford

and yea it was the old desire on offer not the Z or HD my mate got the galaxys as an extra number on his existing bill at 25 a month for 12 months and has it sold for 350 to another mate but he still has a spare simcard with 200 mins and texts on it each month

the shop in longford is branded with emobile too so maybe its only those stores ill try find out when im in town today

There aren't any official Meteor / Emobile stores in longford.

According to the Meteor/EM websites, the only outlets that carry these products in Co Longford are Carphone Warehouse and the Zone.
    Since carphone Warehouse aren't doing this offer, I can only assume that this is a localised sales driver operated by the Zone store or similar independent retailer.

I appreciate that it's possible to confuse the two, but a local third-party outlet offer is very different to an actual Meteor Store offer.

There aren't any official Meteor / Emobile stores in longford.

According to the Meteor/EM websites, the only outlets that carry these products in Co Longford are Carphone Warehouse and the Zone.
    Since carphone Warehouse aren't doing this offer, I can only assume that this is a localised sales driver operated by the Zone store or similar independent retailer.

I appreciate that it's possible to confuse the two, but a local third-party outlet offer is very different to an actual Meteor Store offer.

You could be 100% right all i know is the store opened in december its fully branded with emobile/meteor and eircom and the staff had emobile uniforms on and im pretty sure the guy said the offer was selling well in the cavan store. Other than that i apologise for any mis-information just thought i'd pass on what i thought to be a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

You could be 100% right all i know is the store opened in december its fully branded with emobile/meteor and eircom and the staff had emobile uniforms on and im pretty sure the guy said the offer was selling well in the cavan store. Other than that i apologise for any mis-information just thought i'd pass on what i thought to be a great deal.

Can you tell me where this shop is in Longford I might take a spin down to take up this offer

Can you tell me where this shop is in Longford I might take a spin down to take up this offer

Its on Ballymahon St. right next door to King Communications(vodafone store) and directly opposite Boots you cant really miss it with a spin around the town.

Cheers for that mate do you know what its called I might just ring to make sure they are open today

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Please god let someone confirm this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Hmmm.. why would they practically give the phones away?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭loopymum

Wish I lived in Longford and not Cork for this offer!

• Advertisement

loopymum wrote: »
    Wish I lived in Longford and not Cork for this offer!

woooooahhhh!!!! Hold on there now...

a cheap phone is a cheap phone. But living in Longford? 10 free HTC Desire HD's wouldnt entice me to force anyone to live there let alone myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭loopymum

Hogzy wrote: »
    woooooahhhh!!!! Hold on there now...

a cheap phone is a cheap phone. But living in Longford? 10 free HTC Desire HD's wouldnt entice me to force anyone to live there let alone myself.

Ok, point taken!:D I wish I was driving through Longford like a whirlwind with a very very quick stop at the phone shop:D

Is that better?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

I can second that as a local. Its definitely an e-mobile and meteor branded shop. Havent been in myself, but it definitely exists.

confirmed drove down today its only for new customers and there are no n8s left but 10 due in on tuesday have the shop mumber in the car will post up later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Can you confirm these are unlocked & usable on other networks?

Can anyone confirm any other stores doing this deal?

skywalker wrote: »
    Can you confirm these are unlocked & usable on other networks?

No idea but id say they are locked to Meteor as its a Meteor deal

OK the shop is called "The Zone" The branch in Cavan's number is 049 4372002 and Longford is 043 3336258 I think they both have the same deal going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LETS TALK PHONES

the zone store is a completely seperate shop from the one the op talks about

this other shop that is running the promotion is an official 'e.mobile shop' devided with 'meteor' which only opened last month. the zone has been there a number of years.

A great bargin op thanks for sharing!

• Advertisement

the zone store is a completely seperate shop from the one the op talks about

this other shop that is running the promotion is an official 'e.mobile shop' devided with 'meteor' which only opened last month. the zone has been there a number of years.

A great bargin op thanks for sharing!

true it is an emobile and meteor shop but the business card I was given was for the zone he said it was an old card so maybe they were bought out

Advertisement