Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some Bloody farmers breaking laws

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

sea eagles went extinct in ireland a hundred years ago for the same reason they are going extinct now ie some people are as backward now as their ancestors was 100 years ago

Are you trolling or did you not read the thread?

if he put some in front of that sentence he would be right

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Start leaving poisoned mars bars around farms..teach the c**ts a lesson

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0302/eagle.html#video

sheep and cattle rep saying he didnt know there were eagles in donegal and then blames wildlife officials for not informing farmers that eagles would be in the area. funny considering there was protests when farmers heard the eagle was being brought back in and yet he never heard about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Jayus chrissht Dixie we'll have to sart owt dat feckin big burd! Twill kill da sheeps Dixie!!! Twood pick em up & fly aff & ate it! We'll have a cup o tae & head owt & killed it.

Seriously embarrassing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭blackstairsboy

I lost a good gundog yesterday to strichnine poisoning. Bloody heartless farmer trying to kill badgers. I know it does not have much to do with the original post but it is relevant as it shows how some farmers are still using illegal outdated methods to control animals that are fully prtected ie eagles, badgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

mconigol wrote: »
    Have you ever seen or had to deal with the damage a simple woman can do to a glass of wine never mind an gang of women??? I don't suppose most of you have.

Have you ever had to deal with animals that have been savaged by a drinking session? Covered in an animals blood who's just had it's hands cut from falling through a window when acting the bolix when drunk? Had to untangle an animal from the bed it's ripped itself to pieces on while it was running out of their face on coke and Heineken? Spend night after night awake out in a cold hotel lobby protecting you're building from being destroyed by pissed oul wans? Spent weeks trying to help a weak sale for it to disappear as soon as it's put into action. Doubt it....I could go on and on.

It must be great to live in this wishy washy fantasy land where it so easy to pontificate to people who have more knowledge & experience about animal welfare than you could ever possibly hope to have.

FYP. See, there are **** parts to every job. Farming is an outdoors job, and you have to deal with ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I lost a good gundog yesterday to strichnine poisoning. Bloody heartless farmer trying to kill badgers. I know it does not have much to do with the original post but it is relevant as it shows how some farmers are still using illegal outdated methods to control animals that are fully prtected ie eagles, badgers.

When I was kid spending the holliers down on relatives' farms the thick c**ts used to put DDT on their dog to kill fleas and that. They were then suprised when it wound up with a tumor the size of a turnip. Their attitude to wildlife was that anything bigger than a rabbit should be shot or poisoned..durty badgers..durty foxes..durty crows..durty everything.

Only thing that will sort out the irish countryside would be to get Cromwellian on those backwards savages...

it has a lot to do with the original post and the ifa are doing sweet f*ck all to deal with the retards doing this. have you contacted the police? im a very sorry for your loss a dog is like a member of the family to me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

What about the cruelty to slugs??Who uses blue pellets?Poor, sweet little slugssies...:D:D

Garden birds eat the dying slugs and so on up the food chain.

Bambi wrote: »
    When I was kid spending the holliers down on relatives' farms the thick c**ts used to put DDT on their dog to kill fleas and that. They were then suprised when it wound up with a tumor the size of a turnip. Their attitude to wildlife was that anything bigger than a rabbit should be shot or poisoned..durty badgers..durty foxes..durty crows..durty everything.

Only thing that will sort out the irish countryside would be to get Cromwellian on those backwards savages...

a rep from the golden eagle project had to go in tv and explain to said bad farmers with a few extra chromosomes that eagles dont fly of with sheep

Wolf Club wrote: »
    Even the cute wittle wabbits? :eek:

IMO farming is seriously taken for granted in this country. Many people seem to think it takes no intelligence to run a farm, and that it is an unneeded and unnecessary practice for thick mucksavages that only do it because they wouldn't be capable of doing anything else. These eagles may not be capable of carrying away an entire sheep, but I'd imagine they'd be able to kill a sheep/lamb and feast on the carcass, which would be a massive inconvenience for any farmer. Poisoning them is very wrong, there's no doubt about it, but from a farmer's point of view, this is about protecting their stock, not killing a bird for sport.

its illegal to kill them full stop if farmers think their killing eagles then they should get a vet in to prove it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

People who drop some chocolate on the street 'by accident' should be jailed 'cos dogs or birds could eat it and it'll kill them.

People who throw onions or fruits with their seeds still in them could kill birds.

double GG wrote: »
    People who drop some chocolate on the street 'by accident' should be jailed 'cos dogs or birds could eat it and it'll kill them.

People who throw onions or fruits with their seeds still in them could kill birds.

are you classing chocolate and bird seed in a class with strychnine

steddyeddy wrote: »
    are you classing chocolate and bird seed in a class with strychnine

Not Bird seed, fruit such as apples with the pits left in them.

I wasn't classing them in the same category, but just saying both are considered 'poisonous' to such animals.

Not Bird seed, fruit such as apples with the pits left in them.

I wasn't classing them in the same category, but just saying both are considered 'poisonous' to such animals.

the difference is strycnine is poisoness to all animals

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭tommylimerick

i am a farmer sometimes approching the winter
    i would put down poison for vermin
    farmers don t really work with nature
    we manipulate (use) nature to our advantage
    it would only take one or two prosecutions
    to stop this i would imagine

the difference is strycnine is poisoness to all animals

Chocolate is poisonous to birds, cats and dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

if you are a farmer and have issue with a eagle killing your lambs contact the ifa and they will try and get compensation. dont kill indicriminatly.

so basically you're saying you've no problem with introducing a wild animal into an area where it hasn't been for over 100 years and screw all the other animals that suffer as a result?? It's not just a matter of compensation, its to do with the time, energy and care that goes into raising these animals.

If a bunch of cattle run into your garden and destroy the whole thing would you simply be happy with the owner walking up to you and telling you that if you have an issue with it go talk to your insurance company? Farming is a way of life as much as it is a business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Is that a poem?

Chocolate is poisonous to birds, cats and dogs.

yea but putting down a toxin like strycnine is slightly more dangerous than putting down chocolates

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Is that a poem?

Now its a limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

FYP. See, there are **** parts to every job. Farming is an outdoors job, and you have to deal with ****.

I genuinely don't see the point of your post??! It doesn't even seem to make sense :rolleyes:

yea but putting down a toxin like strycnine is slightly more dangerous than putting down chocolates

Dangerous yes, but both kill.

so basically you're saying you've no problem with introducing a wild animal into an area where it hasn't been for over 100 years and screw all the other animals that suffer as a result?? It's not just a matter of compensation, its to do with the time, energy and care that goes into raising these animals.

If a bunch of cattle run into your garden and destroy the whole thing would you simply be happy with the owner walking up to you and telling you that if you have an issue with it go talk to your insurance company? Farming is a way of life as much as it is a business.

the animal has been native to ireland for thousands of years so yes i have no problem at all with it being re-introduced. what animals are being harmed apart from the eagles

Dangerous yes, but both kill.

never become a chemist mate

never become a chemist mate

I've never aspired to be a 'chemist', all I was doing was stating that both chocolate and Strychine can kill.

I've never aspired to be a 'chemist', all I was doing was stating that both chocolate and Strychine can kill.

i stated earlier that i was most concerned with kids touching a strycnine laced carcass

• Advertisement

by the way bud are the people laying down poison showing a concern for animals?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement