Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite FPS?

Options
  • 20-12-2010 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

Mine is easily Timesplitters 2, what a game :)
    What about yours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and the expansion (Breakthrough) on the PC. The one with the Liberation game mode on it. I played this game to hell and back online. Nothing better than using a bolt action rifle (no scope) for those beautiful one shot kills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Of all time? Probably CS or HL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

Only because I haven't played Call of Pripyat yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭sean corcoran

in before call of duty

i would have to say either timesplitters 2 or call of duty 1 and 2

ha ha didnt expect that did you? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and the expansion (Breakthrough) on the PC. The one with the Liberation game mode on it. I played this game to hell and back online. Nothing better than using a bolt action rifle (no scope) for those beautiful one shot kills

Frontline, what a game :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

A toss between Rainbow 6 Vegas or Quantum of Solace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Half Life 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

Battlefield: Bad company 2 is my favourite.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vepiJznvvY0

the original golden eye case closed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Laisurg wrote: »
    What about yours?
    TS2 all the way for me also, epic game!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

the original golden eye case closed

Never played that version but the Rouge Agent for Ps2 version was desperate :o

mle1324 wrote: »
    Never played that version but the Rouge Agent for Ps2 version was desperate :o

it was indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Half Life 2, y'all (still angry with the lack of news regarding Episode 3)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

Quake FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Doom (or Doom II, either one will do nicely), and Duke Nukem 3D.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭jesmed

Gears of War 1 and 2......well better than timesplitters, not to mention the whole tombraider series and the resi's......there's loadsa brill games out there.
    Thankfully for me the list is endless..........:D

jesmed wrote: »
    Gears of War 1 and 2......well better than timesplitters, not to mention the whole tombraider series and the resi's......there's loadsa brill games out there.
    Thankfully for me the list is endless..........:D

all of those games (other than timesplitters) are 3rd person shooters

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,950 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

System Shock 2 for me. I like my FPS games to be far more than point and shoot. Played a bit of stalker and loved it as well and must get back to Deus Ex.

For dumbshootersmy favourites would be the original Call of Duty, Half Life 1 and 2 and Doom 2. Also love Shadow Warrior.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

took 15 posts for quake to be mentioned.

people not actually knowing the difference between 1st and 3rd person shooters, this thread is full of fail apart from dr. phil's and retrogamer's posts :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

An Tallon's ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Yes_Man

Laisurg wrote: »
    What about yours?

One of the best games ive played on any console. I remember having it for PS2 and spending endless hours playing it, single player and multiplayer. Wish it was out for the X-Box 360:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

took 15 posts for quake to be mentioned.

people not actually knowing the difference between 1st and 3rd person shooters, this thread is full of fail apart from dr. phil's and retrogamer's posts :pac:

What games mentioned are 3rd person? :confused:

For me....Halo. No game I have played so much alone, online, with friends, and in LAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

cs, by a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭jesmed

all of those games (other than timesplitters) are 3rd person shooters

Silly me for not reading things properly haha.... Halo and wolfenstein are fps, i think, lol not to mention COD.
    Personally, i like them both.(FPS and 3rd person) and if i remember correctly TS was a camp game.:D

I've nevr actually played Time spillets, but from what I'm reading here, it looks like I could be missing out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,950 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's kind of dated to be honest. The single player is a bit crap but the multiplayer is fun. It's like an updated goldeneye. It would be quite ordinary except for the huge amount of modes, some of which are loads of fun. I'm not sure it would hold up but in the early PS2/GC era Timesplitters 2 was a great console shooter although not a patch on PC shooters of the era.

I didn't bother much with FPS games on PS2 in general, to be honest. Turok: Evolution was really the only one that stands out for me on that console. If I see Time Splitters around anywhere, I might pick it up and give it a rumble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Wolfenstein 3D. :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd probably say Half Life as my favourite pure point and shoot, though System Shock 2 would be up there as my facourite fps/rpg hybrid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd probably say Half Life as my favourite pure point and shoot, though System Shock 2 would be up there as my facourite fps/rpg hybrid.

Yeah, if we are allowed hybrids, then I'm going with SS2 as well. First PC game I owned and still my favourite.

Advertisement