Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Retailer Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Hogzy wrote: »
    lol right now i have 2 parcels (29kg) from HWVS stuck in Cologne/Koln Germany waiting for their departure. (Which were despatched on Tuesday)

I also have 15kg of dog food in the same airport which i ordered on Thursday from a completely different part of Germany.
    Theyre all coming through DHL Germany

Im going to be getting nearly 50KG's worth of produce from the post man sometime next week. Ill probably have my own van :p
    and a very angry postman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Did any of ye get your deliveries?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

You didn't? :confused:

No surprise really, An Post is pretty much snowed in at this point :o:p

Solitaire wrote: »
    You didn't? :confused:

No surprise really, An Post is pretty much snowed in at this point :o:p

No nothing came. No snow in Cork though. And there was a Cargo flight over the weekend from Cologne airport to Cork so i presumed my stuff would be on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Nothing came for me either and the status is still at 60% :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Nothing came for me either and the status is still at 60% :(

Same here...60% still stuck in "colon"

Me too. Both my hardware from HWVS and my dogfood are stuck in Cologne. Although id say they are in Ireland by now and DHL's tracking abilities have extinguished.
    Ill be fairly pi$$ed off if it doesnt arrive tomorrow. There is no snow in Cork so no excuse.

Hi guys sorry for the off topic post but anyway I ordered a pair of black dragon 4GB PC3-8500 off hwvs. Does this ram have any disavantages over the PC3-10600 version of the ram? Hopefully I will have no problems as the Motherboard supports both PC3-10600 and PC3-8500? :)

Hopefully I get the build later on today as I am off from school :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Apart from the fact that its really slow? :o

Solitaire wrote: »
    Apart from the fact that its really slow? :o

is there much of a difference in speed? is it worth the effort to send the ram back and buy the 10600 version? :o

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=38478&agid=1205
    link to ram I bought BTW :o

EDIT: I was doing some research online about the differences between the two ram frequencies and the guy said that you don't really notice any major differences in terms of speed unless you are using a quad core CPU so that's grand I guess :)

• Advertisement

Well my dogfood is in the country according to the tracking website. Computer bits are still in Cologne apparently. Very annoying considering i ordered the computer parts nearly 3 days before the dog food.

I suppose the dog has to be fed though :rolleyes::P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

The difference between 1066 CL7 and 1333 CL9 is pretty minimal to be honest. The lower latency makes up for the slower clock frequency.

Well my dogfood is in the country according to the tracking website. Computer bits are still in Cologne apparently. Very annoying considering i ordered the computer parts nearly 3 days before the dog food.

I suppose the dog has to be fed though :rolleyes::P

Thats gotta suck...I ordered and paid for my gear on Thursday last week and it landed today....Hopefully An Post is on the ball and I will receive it tomorrow;)

dwighet wrote: »
    Thats gotta suck...I ordered and paid for my gear on Thursday last week and it landed today....Hopefully An Post is on the ball and I will receive it tomorrow;)

Did you order from HWVS?

Did you order from HWVS?
    I did mate....
    2 parcels 24 kg in weight landed in eire and scanned at 04:13 this morning according to the tracker...

I did mate....
    2 parcels 24 kg in weight landed in eire and scanned at 04:13 this morning according to the tracker...

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I ordered last bloody Friday, payment was received on Tuesday. Got tracking info Tuesday night but the parcel didnt despatch until Late Wednesday and its been stuck in Cologne airport since Thursday
    Should i get onto HWVS?

This is what the DHL site has said since Friday.
    23.11.10 20:06 Hours - DE - The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically
    25.11.10 15:19 Hours - Bielefeld, DE - The international shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin
    25.11.10 23:29 Hours - Köln, DE - The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center
    25.11.10 23:54 Hours - Köln, DE - The shipment is being transported to the destination country

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I ordered last bloody Friday, payment was received on Tuesday. Got tracking info Tuesday night but the parcel didnt despatch until Late Wednesday and its been stuck in Cologne airport since Thursday
    Should i get onto HWVS?

This is what the DHL site has said since Friday.
    This is what my status reads:
    25.11.10 18:58 Hours DE The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically
    26.11.10 11:20 Hours Bielefeld, DE The shipment has been processed in the parcel center
    26.11.10 11:24 Hours Bielefeld, DE The shipment has been processed in the parcel center
    26.11.10 11:27 Hours Bielefeld, DE The international shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin
    27.11.10 00:16 Hours Köln, DE The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center
    27.11.10 00:17 Hours Köln, DE The shipment is being transported to the destination country
    30.11.10 04:13 Hours IE The shipment has arrived in the destination country
    Give em a shout...Feck em...

Sent them an email there. iv sent them emails before and iv gotten no reply. Unfortunatly there isnt much they can do as they have already despatched the parcel.

F*ck sake im regretting ordering with these people now. And i have no comeback as i paid by bank transfer. I have 2 parcels aswell totalling 29KG.

What part of Ireland are you in. Going by your details i should have gotten my stuff last bloody week.
    Im so pi$$ed off now!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Sent them an email there. iv sent them emails before and iv gotten no reply. Unfortunatly there isnt much they can do as they have already despatched the parcel.

F*ck sake im regretting ordering with these people now. And i have no comeback as i paid by bank transfer. I have 2 parcels aswell totalling 29KG.

What part of Ireland are you in. Going by your details i should have gotten my stuff last bloody week.
    Im so pi$$ed off now!!!:mad::mad::mad:
    Im in Thurles...
    Give DHL a call..I have there number as I rang then today to see if I could pick up my parcel but not to be,,,I have to wait for an post to get it to me..
    I will PM you the number...Im sure you will get your goods....

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

My shipment progress was on The package is being transported to the destination country when it showed up at my door.

Hopefully yours will arrive soon.

• Advertisement

Ryan451 wrote: »
    My shipment progress was on The package is being transported to the destination country when it showed up at my door.

Hopefully yours will arrive soon.

Ahhh so the tracking thing aint very accurate...All we can do is sit and wait...not much else to do in this weather anyway.....Except the pub;)

My package is still stuck in Koln, Germany since Thursday :confused:
    "25.11.10 23:52 Hours Köln, DE The shipment is being transported to the destination country "

I called DHL Ireland and they said that its not there responsibility since its going to be delivered with an post :o

EDIT: I just tried out the tracking info hwvs provided with me on the anpost site and both of the packages are in the mail centre in portlaoise now :D
    ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE 30-Nov-10 GERMANY

So hopefully it should arrive tomorrow :D

My package is still stuck in Koln, Germany since Thursday :confused:
    "25.11.10 23:52 Hours Köln, DE The shipment is being transported to the destination country "

I called DHL Ireland and they said that its not there responsibility since its going to be delivered with an post :o

EDIT: I just tried out the tracking info hwvs provided with me on the anpost site and both of the packages are in the mail centre in portlaoise now :D
    ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE 30-Nov-10 GERMANY

So hopefully it should arrive tomorrow :D
    Nice one Trev..
    I just did the same with the same result as yourself...
    Happy days;)

Nice one Trev..
    I just did the same with the same result as yourself...
    Happy days;)

+1

Thanks lads for the help. Delighted its in PortLaoise, Just hope the snow will relax itself for till Thursday.

I just got the 2 packages from HWVS this minute :)
    All of the components were packed good and fingers crossed I wont have to RMA anything :D

I just got the 2 packages from HWVS this minute :)
    All of the components were packed good and fingers crossed I wont have to RMA anything :D

Got my stuff too. Dog food and computer bits.
    Just installing the CPU cooler and i noticed i lost a screw. Had to order a new cooler from amazon... LIVID to say the least :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

^/jealous

Are Komplett still in the bad books by the way or have they more or less sorted out their problems?

Got my stuff too. Dog food and computer bits.
    Just installing the CPU cooler and i noticed i lost a screw. Had to order a new cooler from amazon... LIVID to say the least :(

Mate!!! It just gets worse....
    Got my gear today...
    Got stuck into it...
    installing widows 7 and bang goes the psu....Thats two of us that are livid:(

Bad news when Installing the PSU I noticed that it would not go in evenly so I had a look at it under the microscope and you can see that one of the pins is slightly bent :(:mad: So I am going to have to send it back to them :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Bad news when Installing the CPU I noticed that it would not go in evenly so I had a look at it under the magnifying glass and long and behold that one of the pins are bent :rolleyes: I guess I am going to have to RMA the CPU:o

Advertisement