Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way of organising your underwear drawer

Options
  • 05-11-2010 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭

Possibly a tad manic-obsessive but...

I got these wide drawers so i thought id take advantage of them. You know the way you always strive to do the full rotation with the undies but fear that by stacking them up after the wash, youll end up wearing a pair you had on recently

Me, i keep the newest ones on the leftmost side of the drawer and push them across as i get newer ones. When the time comes to pop on a pair, i take whats on the right.

Whats your system>?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I got these wide drawers so i thought id take advantage of them. You know the way you always strive to do the full rotation with the undies but fear that by stacking them up after the wash, youll end up wearing a pair you had on recently

Me, i keep the newest ones on the leftmost side of the drawer and push them across as i get newer ones. When the time comes to pop on a pair, i take whats on the right.

Whats your system>?

I wash them, then I wear them, then I turn them inside out, then I wear them. Then I wash them. It's beautiful in its simplicity.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I don't even own an underwear. Let alone many that would necessitate an entire rack.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I don't have any drawers in my new place. Just a big wardrobe with shelves :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Organise? Just bung 'em on in there. Socks and boxers go into the same drawer. Boxers won't stay on my feet and socks are too small to attach to any part of my groin, so there's no worry about mixing stuff up.

Don't see the point in rotating them and moving "new" stuff to one side of the drawer. It's not like milk, there's no expiry date... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

i pick the comfy ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

we're supposed to change underwear???????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Stuff them in a ball into the drawer and pick at random. If they have holes or the elastic snaps, buy new ones.

p.s. Matching socks is optional.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I put them in the filing cabinet so as to categorise them alphabetically by manufacturer and cotton content. The filing cabinet is locked to avoid any external interference. I also hang a car air freshener in there to give a pleasant smell.:pac::pac:

Seriously, I wash them and throw in a drawer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Underwear is for homosexuals and racists.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Puh!! I just get a plastic bag, put 2 holes in it for my legs and away I go.

If needs be they can make a fine nappy, too.

Anywho, who organises underwear? The only thing you need to organise is to throw away the crusty ones with that constant brown skidmark that won't go away no matter how many times you wash it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I've gone commando since my early teens, my boys don't like being strangled!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I don't even own an underwear. Let alone many that would necessitate an entire rack.

The old tuck it into the sock? Works for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

kinky stuff in the back left corner of the drawer

the rest everywhere else !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Whats your system>?

System? is life not complicated enough? For me if their in the drawer their clean if their on the floor their not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

I got these wide drawers so i thought id take advantage of them.

Whats your system>?

Umm, are they yore ma's?
    Snakeblood wrote: »
    I wash them, then I wear them, then I turn them inside out, then I wear them. Then I wash them. It's beautiful in its simplicity.

You can do back to front as well, at least sometimes....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

Clean - Clean and holey - Dirty - Dirty and holey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

Monday = Grey
    Tuesday = Blue
    Wednesday =Green
    Thursday =Black
    Friday = White
    Saturday = Thong
    Sunday = Red

And always remember to wear clean underwear, you never know when you might be knocked down, and have to be taken to hospital...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

policarp wrote: »
    And always remember to wear clean underwear, you never know when you might be knocked down, and have to be taken to hospital...

I hope it's not today or else the doctors are not going to be able to look at garter belts the same way ever again :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

I keep my underwear on file.

in a filing cyabinet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Red velvet

Great stuff, I taught I was just a freak having a well organised underware drawer...then again maybe I am lol:D

comfys in the middle
    thongs to the right
    fancy pants to the left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I hope it's not today or else the doctors are not going to be able to look at garter belts the same way ever again :eek:

That would depend on the persuasion of the doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I keep them in the hotpress.

They're warm that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Whats your system>?

I stack them left to right in order of cleanliness

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

It’s a recession, so I only have 2 pairs (lets call them Grey and Blue)

Method:
    Wear Grey for one week.
    Wear Blue for 2 weeks. (mmm, fresh undies)
    Wear Grey for 3 weeks (will initially seem much fresher after wearing the Blue)
    Wear Blue for 4 weeks (will seem fresher after the previous pair)

….and so on and so forth.
    Eventually the underwear will disintegrate (usually while you are wearing them), in that case, buy 2 new pairs and repeat the above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Citygirl1

Whats your system>?

Do you suffer from OCD?! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭St._Andalou

What does it matter if you had a pair on recently as long as they're washed and clean?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I have 3 underwear drawers, and an amazing system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I buy new boxers when I need a change.

-the Monopoly man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

My system is failproof. When the drawer is empty, it's time to put on a wash. That way, all underwear gets a chance at being worn and nobody feels left out :)

Advertisement