Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

There's so much wrong with this model of his but if he actually engages the
    6 questions I wrote he'll have to deal with evolution properly meaning he
    wont be able to rely on this hucksterish attempt at a refutation.
    Claims that NS is all about chance and saying evolutionismists have only
    1 explanation show how little the guy knows.

There's also the pleasure of teasing this noble pagan christian by making him face
    the fact he's been lying quite a lot and as I recall that's classed as a sin
    coming from his background :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

housetypeb wrote: »
    wiki
    Created kinds are organisms that are defined by creation biology as sharing a common ancestry. The phrase refers to the Genesis account of the creation week during which God created many kinds of plants and animals. They are also referred to as "original kinds," "Genesis kinds," and more formally by creation scientists as baramin. The term barmin was coined in 1941 by Frank Marsh from the Hebrew words bara (create) and min (kind). The study of baramin (known as Baraminology) is a rapidly growing field of creation science involved with the identification of the created kinds

back to the bible for jc, one old book explains everything.

Now see when i saw Baramin I thought he was just spelling it wrong

2q30x6q.gif

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

One point lah-dee-dah to the power of bazillions doesn't only apply to protein folding. It also applies WITH KNOBS ON to gravity!

Imagine you're looking at an apple five feet above the ground in the hands of a well-known flouncy-haired physicist. The physicist releases the apple, but what happens? As an apple in a christian country endowed with god's inestimable gift of free-will, it can move in absolutely any direction it wants! However, the apple falls downwards. And if you examine lots of apples lots of times, you'll see that they always fall in the same direction. The chances of any apple choosing the specific direction "down" is infinitely improbable, but the changes that all apples will do this all the time is zero times zero -- infinitely less infinitely improbable!

This is clearly not by chance!

So think about it -- the apple always fall downwards. Towards Hell! This unequivocally means that apples are under the control of SATAN and clearly REFUTES the stupid idea that something as simple as gravity could be causing the apple's headlong rush to hit the surface of the earth and damage itself.

Intelligent Falling FTW!!!11

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭keppler

J C wrote: »
    So ye have decided to not seriously address the subject at issue ... and to create a smokescreen .....

J C may i remind you this is exactly what you did to me....:mad:

Now fluffy has rightfully thrown a pretty big spanner in your hypothetical view of the early universe....:eek: you see J C you cannot create a mathematical proof based on incorrect assumptions and expect it to stand up to scrutiny!!!!

BTW im still waiting for your explanation on Introns J C....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

keppler wrote: »
    BTW im still waiting for your explanation on Introns J C....;)

Here you go.
    1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
    2 Now the earth was [a] formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

6 And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water." 7 So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the expanse "sky." And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

9 And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear." And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters he called "seas." And God saw that it was good.

11 Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth." And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

20 And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky." 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth." 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

24 And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

27 So God created man in his own image,
    in the image of God he created him;
    male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."

29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food." And it was so.

31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

• Advertisement

Malty_T wrote: »
    Here you go.

26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

let us? Who's he talking to. Did god have an embarassing brother who was left out of the bible and this bit was forgot about.

maybe thats the real reason for the fall and evil in the world. god creates perfect world. comic relief sidekick knocks over pots and accidentily invents evil. final scene fades back from outside of their house with god shouting 'Mortimeeeerrr!'*. tune in next week for another episode of 'The Godsons'

*gods brothers name is mortimer

let us? Who's he talking to.

Himself d'uh. Three Gods in one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

let us? Who's he talking to. Did god have an embarassing brother who was left out of the bible and this bit was forgot about.

maybe thats the real reason for the fall and evil in the world. god creates perfect world. comic relief sidekick knocks over pots and accidentily invents evil. final scene fades back from outside of their house with god shouting 'Mortimeeeerrr!'*. tune in next week for another episode of 'The Godsons'

*gods brothers name is mortimer

There must have been someone there. He was talking out loud. "God said...".
    Imaging being at home making beans on toast and commentating on everything you're doing? People would think you're nuts!

Paparazzo wrote: »
    There must have been someone there. He was talking out loud. "God said...".
    Imaging being at home making beans on toast and commentating on everything you're doing? People would think you're nuts!

you dont say 'let there be toast' when transubstantiating bread? dude youre missing out.

maybe he was talking to his assistant, the lovely miss debbie mc gee. the most repeated word in genesis is 'de-naaaah!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

you dont say 'let there be toast' when transubstantiating bread? dude youre missing out.

maybe he was talking to his assistant, the lovely miss debbie mc gee. the most repeated word in genesis is 'de-naaaah!'

And I put the beans upon the toast, and I call this "beans on toast".

Taking a week to create everything isn't that impressive for God. Would have thought he'd create everything in a milisecond

• Advertisement

Paparazzo wrote: »
    And I put the beans upon the toast, and I call this "beans on toast".

Taking a week to create everything isn't that impressive for God. Would have thought he'd create everything in a milisecond

what he should have done was invent one guy first. Then ask him for a loan of a universe. 'what universe?' says the guy, 'i havent got a universe'. 'oh yeah? check your pocket' says god, then he puts on shades and rips up the road in monster truck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭housetypeb

14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth." And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

This god created light on the first day(and saw that it was good) but only got around to making the stars on the fourth day. what a guy.
    (or rather the jewish goat herders that wrote that particular fairy tale)

housetypeb wrote: »
    This god created light on the first day(and saw that it was good) but only got around to making the stars on the fourth day. what a guy.
    (or rather the jewish goat herders that wrote that particular fairy tale)

i wonder did those goat herders have a direct line to Mr Brownstone when they were writing this saga.....:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

King Mob wrote: »
    Thus you have been shown to be a liar.
    Well done JC..

Creationists are fine with telling 'noble lies'. Lie all you want. Misrepresent, obfuscate, deceive ... if it protects the word of the lord, it's absolutely fine ... in fact it is mandatory. That's the justification and why it is done without so much as a whisper of discomfort.

Okay, it's been long enough. J C, have you thought about all of the
    evidence we've given you in this thread? Are you able to give honest
    answers to the questions in this post yet?

Okay, it's been long enough. J C, have you thought about all of the
    evidence we've given you in this thread? Are you able to give honest
    answers to the questions in this post yet?

roflmaocopter.:D

Malty_T wrote: »
    roflmaocopter.:D

Communist Evolutionist!!!!:eek::eek::eek::D

Communist Evolutionist!!!!:eek::eek::eek::D

Ahh, nice.

Sponsored have you seen this play with letters in words? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C
    I agree that it cannot happen by chance ... and I have mathematically proven that this is the case ...
    ... and yet the only mechanism postulated by evolutionists for producing the 'variety' that NS is supposed to select is a chance mechanism (Mutation).

sponsoredwalk
    1) [/B]Why did you lie telling everyone evolution involves only 1 mechanism -
    chance? I gave a list of 6 factors in this post.
    I stand over my statement that the only mechanism postulated by evolutionists for producing the 'variety' that NS is supposed to select is a chance mechanism (Mutation).

Your 6 factors are just that ... 6 factors involved in Natural Selection/Evolution ... and your posting doesn't deny the validity of my statement that the only mechanism postulated by evolutionists for producing the 'variety' that NS is supposed to select is a chance mechanism (Mutation).

Please describe the mechanism that provides (as distinct from selecting/recombining) the genetic variety upon which NS supposedly acts upon to produce Evolution.

wrote:
    sponsoredwalk
    Were you honestly lying or is it just your mis-education speaking?
    Perhaps you may 'honestly lie' ... but I can assure you that Creation Scientists tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth ... and some have paid with their careers as a result!!!
    wrote:
    sponsoredwalk
    2) Why are you ignoring the fact that a mutation to a protein can
    beneficially alter the protein making it better?
    ... a mutation may indeed alter a protein and cause it to do something 'unusual' that may have a benefit to the organism ... but this only occurs in a tiny minority of cases and it always involved a degrading of the CFSI of the organism. It is analagous to a giving a kick to a squeaky toy mechanism ... thereby causing it to squawk due to damage from the kick.
    The kick clearly isn't the mechanism by which the 'squeak' mechanism was constructed in the first place, and the kick clearly has resulted in a degredation of functionality of the toy ... and if you kick the toy again it is likely that the damage will be so severe that the toy will be permanently silenced ... and there will be neither a squeak nor a squawk out of it!!
    Kicking toys or damaging genomes aren't good ideas ... even if 'unusual' things may happen when we do these things ... and mutagenesis therefore isn't a credible mechanism to account for the origin of the CFSI found in living organisms ... and that is why everybody (including evolutionists) avoid mutagenesis.

wrote:
    sponsoredwalk
    3)[/B] Why are you lying about people who believe evolution to be true?
    you claimed we believe that iron filings mixed with ferric oxide will
    produce a human - nobody believes that! Was it you just plain lying or
    were you serious - as your response certainly made clear - and you really
    know nothing?
    I was drawing an analogy between raw materials (like ferric oxide and organic molecules) ... and the input of intelligent design required to specify the construction of CFSI-rich things like video tapes and living organisms from these raw materials.
    I never said that iron filings would produce a Human ... but I did say that if you mix iron filings in water and ferric oxide results ... that this can't somehow be taken to show that a videotape of John May in action was 'spontaneously produced' ... and the fact that organic molecules can be spontaneously produced doesn't mean that a human being can be spontaneously produced from these raw materials via purely materialistic processes either!!

wrote:
    sponsoredwalk
    4)[/B] Why are you still referring to a "proof" that
    a) Showed no evidence you actually calculated it
    I calculated it ... and I showed the basis for each calculation ... and nobody has disproven any of my figures
    b) Gave completely incorrect figures for 3 of the ingredients of your calculation
    What were they ?
    c) Is talking about a snail moving an electron when snails can't move in
    space, electrons aren't rigid or pushable by a snail etc... :P
    I was illustrating the astronomical size of the number 10^130 ... and in turn the impossibility of any non-intelligently directed system ever being able to 'search' the combinatorial space of just one small protein ... even if all of the matter and time in the supposed Big Bang Universe were available to assis in the process.
    d) Didn't show how you arrived at your final figure using all those ingredients you used...
    Please be specific and I will address your concerns.

If one link in the chain of a mathematical proof is wrong the whole thing
    crumbles, we've found 3 wrong in your theory so why are you claiming
    it's still correct?
    There is no 'missing link' in my mathematical proof ... please be specific and I will address your concerns.

Furthermore, it has nothing to do with evolution.
    Your theory is talking about probability theory combinatorics etc...
    This has nothing to do with evolutionary mechanisms of which there are
    6 that I've quoted in the post above. This bull∫hit you've quoted doesn't
    answer any of the bullet point mechanisms in the post linked to in my
    first point.
    I have addressed your concerns on this point earlier in this post ... see above.
    wrote:
    sponsoredwalk
    5) Why are you ignoring the question of macroevolution.
    You clearly stated you believe microevolution to be true. Now, if
    microevolution is true, as you believe, it instantly makes macroevolution
    true seeing as they are the exact same process. The only difference is
    that macroevolution is an accumulation of microevolution events.
    ... that is the point upon which we disagree ... micro-evolution of pre-existing CFSI genetic diversity is a completely different process to the macro-evolution of the CFSI genetic diversity, in the first place.
    I compared micro-evolution to adjusting a car seat ... and macro-evolution to the manufacture of the car (including its seat and its adjustment mechanism), in the first place.
    They are fundamentally different processes.

wrote:
    sponsoredwalk
    6) Why do you reject the idea of abiogenesis when it has been shown to
    occur in a labratory using only materialistic ingredients that simulated
    the early earth. You are telling us that evidence is wrong and giving
    no reason why. You are telling us reality in front of our eyes is wrong.
    It clearly isn't seeing as we've got evidence. Why?
    Abiogenesis has not been achieved by the applied intelligence of the Human Race ... so why do you think that it could possibly have spontaneously occurred?
    :confused:

• Advertisement

I stand over my statement that the only mechanism postulated by evolutionists for producing the 'variety' that NS is supposed to select is a chance mechanism (Mutation).
    How do scientists interpret “chance,” and does it play a role in natural selection?

Futuyma: Philosophers and scientists use “chance” only in the sense of
    unpredictability. Chance means essentially that you cannot predict the
    outcome of a particular event. For example, you cannot predict whether
    your next child will be a son or a daughter, even though you can specify
    the probability or likelihood. “Chance” does not mean lack of purpose or
    goal in science. If it did, we could say that absolutely everything in the
    natural world is by chance because we don’t see any purpose or goal in
    storms, in ocean currents, or anything else. Evolution certainly does
    involve randomness; it does involve unpredictable chance. For example,
    the origin of new genetic variation by mutation is a process that involves
    a great deal of chance. Genetic drift, the process I referred to earlier,
    is a matter of chance.

However, natural selection itself is the single process in evolution that is
    the antithesis of chance. It is predictable. It says that, within a specific
    environmental context, one genotype will be better than another genotype
    in survival or reproduction for certain reasons having to do with the way
    its particular features relate to the environment or relate to other
    organisms within the population. That provides predictability and
    consistency. So, if you have different populations with the same
    opportunity for evolution, you would get the same outcome.
    Do you finally realise that NS works on the phenotype and not the
    genotype?
    Natural selection acts on the phenotype, or the observable characteristics
    of an organism, but the genetic (heritable) basis of any phenotype which
    gives a reproductive advantage will become more common in a population
    (see allele frequency). Over time, this process can result in adaptations
    that specialize populations for particular ecological niches and may
    eventually result in the emergence of new species. In other words, natural
    selection is an important process (though not the only process) by which
    evolution takes place within a population of organisms. As opposed to
    artificial selection, in which humans favor specific traits, in natural
    selection the environment acts as a sieve through which only certain
    variations can pass.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_selection
    It just speaks of your lack of education in this area of study, I mean
    everything you've described represents a problem with microevolution,
    your beef is with the concept of microevolution - that is where the
    chance element with respect to genetic variation is involved.
    Why have you been so adamant in complaining about natural selection?
    What is even funnier is that you explicitly wrote that you accept
    microevolution :D:D:D You then moaned that macroevolution is a load
    of baloney :D:D:D Macroevolution is just an accumulation of
    microevolution over time but you don't like that idea so it's baloney :D

I'll explain further as to why your uneducated about this subject, natural
    selection works on the phenotype which means the outward
    characteristics - if any microevolution event takes place that benefits
    an organism then the animal is naturally selected for it. An example is
    the peppered moth, mentioned in the link above ;)

Here is another explanation from that link:
    Natural selection acts on an organism's phenotype, or physical
    characteristics. Phenotype is determined by an organism's genetic
    make-up (genotype) and the environment in which the organism lives.
    Often, natural selection acts on specific traits of an individual, and the
    terms phenotype and genotype are used narrowly to indicate these
    specific traits.
    When different organisms in a population possess different versions of a
    gene for a certain trait, each of these versions is known as an allele. It is
    this genetic variation that underlies phenotypic traits. A typical example
    is that certain combinations of genes for eye color in humans which, for
    instance, give rise to the phenotype of blue eyes. (On the other hand,
    when all the organisms in a population share the same allele for a
    particular trait, and this state is stable over time, the allele is said to
    be fixed in that population.)
    Some traits are governed by only a single gene, but most traits are
    influenced by the interactions of many genes. A variation in one of the
    many genes that contributes to a trait may have only a small effect on
    the phenotype; together, these genes can produce a continuum of
    possible phenotypic values
    Your 6 factors are just that ... 6 factors involved in Natural Selection/Evolution ... and your posting doesn't deny the validity of my statement that the only mechanism postulated by evolutionists for producing the 'variety' that NS is supposed to select is a chance mechanism (Mutation).

Again, you compare natural selection to evolution as if they are the same
    thing, illustrating your lack of education in this subject. Natural selection
    is one of many mechanisms that make up the over-arching theory of
    evolution. Genetic changes have nothing to do with natural selection as
    you understand it, genetic changes either make life easier for an
    organism or make life harder. If an organism is naturally in a more sunny
    environment then the chances of a cosmic ray or whatever changing
    the genetic make-up of an animal is higher, that is an example of the
    interplay between genetics and natural selection i.e. the environment
    naturally leads to the genes being changed by sunlight.
    There is more to this question to be answered under your next question;
    Please describe the mechanism that provides (as distinct from selecting/recombining) the genetic variety upon which NS supposedly acts upon to produce Evolution.

:D Since you finally asked:
    Genetic drift versus natural selection

Although both processes drive evolution, genetic drift operates randomly
    while natural selection functions non-randomly.
    This is because natural
    selection emblematizes the ecological interaction of a population, whereas
    drift is regarded as a sampling procedure across successive generations
    without regard to fitness pressures imposed by the environment. While
    natural selection is directioned, guiding evolution
    by impelling heritable
    adaptations
    to the environment, genetic drift has no direction and is
    guided only by the mathematics of chance.
    [20]

As a result, drift acts upon the genotypic frequencies within a population
    without regard their relationship to the phenotype. Changes to the
    genotype caused by genetic drift may or may not result in changes to
    the phenotype. In drift each allele in a population is randomly and
    independently affected, yet the fluctuations in their allele frequencies
    are all driven in a quantitatively similar manner. Drift is blind with respect
    to any advantage or disadvantage the allele may bring.
    Alternatively,
    natural selection acts directly on the phenotype and indirectly on its
    underlying genotype. Selection responds specifically to the adaptive
    advantage or disadvantage presented by a phenotypic trait, and thus
    affects genes differentially. Selection indirectly rewards the alleles that
    develop adaptively advantageous phenotypes;
    with an increase in
    reproductive success for the phenotype comes an increase in allele
    frequency. By the same token, selection lowers the frequencies for
    alleles that cause unfavorable traits, and ignores those which are neutral.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_drift
    Not satisfied that this explains "the genetic variety upon which NS
    supposedly acts upon to produce Evolution"? What about:
    Allopatric speciation (from the ancient Greek allos, "other" + Greek patrā,
    "fatherland") or geographic speciation is speciation that occurs when
    biological populations of the same species split into isolated populations
    due to geographical changes such as mountain building or social changes
    such as emigration. The isolated populations then undergo genotypic
    and/or phenotypic divergence as: (a) they become subjected to
    different selective pressures; (b) they independently undergo
    genetic drift; (c) different mutations arise in the populations.
    When part of a population becomes geographically isolated from the
    remainder, it may over time evolve characteristics different from the
    parent population. If the geographical barriers are later removed,
    members of the two populations may be unable to successfully
    mate with each other. At this point, the genetically isolated group
    may emerge as a new species. Allopatric isolation is a key factor in
    speciation and a common process by which new species arise.
    &
    Peripatric and peripatry are terms from biogeography, referring to
    organisms whose ranges are closely adjacent but do not overlap, being
    separated by a natural barrier where these organisms do not occur – for
    example a wide river or a mountain range. Such organisms are usually
    closely related (e.g. sister species), their distribution being the result of
    peripatric speciation.
    Peripatric speciation is a form of speciation, the formation of new species
    through evolution. In this form, new species are formed in isolated
    peripheral populations; this is similar to allopatric speciation in that
    populations are isolated and prevented from exchanging genes. However,
    peripatric speciation, unlike allopatric speciation, proposes that one of the
    populations is much smaller than the other.
    Peripatric speciation was originally proposed by Ernst Mayr, and is related
    to the founder effect, because small living populations may undergo
    selection bottlenecks.[1] Genetic drift is often proposed to play a
    significant role in peripatric speciation.
    I mean, these have been shown to cause genetic variation & even
    "be unable to successfully mate with each other".
    The question of their status — subspecies or true species — is resolved if
    they ever do come to occupy the same territory again (become
    sympatric). If successful interbreeding occurs, the differences will
    gradually disappear, and a single population will be formed again.
    Speciation will not have occurred.
    If, on the other hand, two subspecies reunite but fail to resume
    breeding, speciation has occurred and they have become separate species.

An example: The medium tree finch Camarhynchus pauper is found only
    on Floreana Island. Its close relative, the large tree finch,
    Camarhynchus psittacula, is found on all the central islands including
    Floreana.

http://users.rcn.com/jkimball.ma.ultranet/BiologyPages/S/Speciation.html#Allopatric_Speciation:_the_Role_of_Isolation_in_Speciation
    And what about Darwin's finches? 13 species in that link there...
    Didn't you mention a species barrier earlier? That was evolutionist
    talk my dear fellow...
    Perhaps you may 'honestly lie' ... but I can assure you that Creation Scientists tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth ... and some have paid with their careers as a result!!!

We'll see how true this statement is in a moment.
    ... a mutation may indeed alter a protein and cause it to do something 'unusual' that may have a benefit to the organism ... but this only occurs in a tiny minority of cases and it always involved a degrading of the CFSI of the organism.

Proof? Link? How does this bull**** explain the peppered moth mutation?
    How does this craziness explain bacterial genetic resistance?
    How does this craziness explain the technique used in fighting cancer
    where a person will be pumped with drugs to kill bacteria then when they
    have developed immunity & begin to reproduce the person will be taken
    off the drugs - this kills the drug resistant bacteria and the old
    un-protected bacteria re-emerge & reproduce? This is used in prolonging
    a persons life & is directly explained by natural selection, the bacteria
    are naturally selected because their environment (drug filled body)
    caters for the very few genetically "abnormal" viruses that now can
    reproduce. When no drugs were present they were not naturally selected
    & could not become the predominant virus due to this trait.

Unlike your lies about degrading and a tiny minority:
    Studies in the fly Drosophila melanogaster suggest that if a
    mutation changes a protein produced by a gene, this will probably be
    harmful, with about 70 percent of these mutations having damaging
    effects, and the remainder being either neutral or weakly beneficial.[4]
    30% from studies has not "always involved a degrading of the CFSI of the
    organism". Where does that put your claims? Into the lie basket? :pac:

Oh, and can we clear something up? The statement:

is wrong, I refer you to Douglas Futuyma, the guy who wrote the
    textbook on evolution I quoted earlier in the thread & who is in the
    first quote of this post:
    Is natural selection the only mechanism of evolution?

Futuyma: No, certainly not. There cannot be evolution without genetic
    variation in the first place. So there must be mutation and often
    recombination to generate the different genotypes or the different
    versions of the genes, known as alleles, which then may or may not make
    a difference in the ability of an organism to survive and reproduce. You
    can’t have any evolutionary change whatever without mutation, and
    perhaps recombination, giving rise to genetic variation. But once you
    have genetic variation, there are basically two major possibilities:
    read on...
    Were you lying again J C? Is Douglas Futuyma lying? Where's that
    truth you were talking about, that creation scientist truth? :pac:
    I suppose it was an honest Lie you were referring to, as in Sophus Lie :rolleyes:

It is analagous to a giving a kick to a squeaky toy mechanism ... thereby causing it to squawk due to damage from the kick.
    The kick clearly isn't the mechanism by which the 'squeak' mechanism was constructed in the first place, and the kick clearly has resulted in a degredation of functionality of the toy ... and if you kick the toy again it is likely that the damage will be so severe that the toy will be permanently silenced ... and there will be neither a squeak nor a squawk out of it!!
    Kicking toys or damaging genomes aren't good ideas ... even if 'unusual' things may happen when we do these things ... and mutagenesis therefore isn't a credible mechanism to account for the origin of the CFSI found in living organisms ... and that is why everybody (including evolutionists) avoid mutagenesis.

This is a load of waffle I don't understand because I didn't say anything
    like this, oh and by the way I used to get the cheat menu to come
    up in my old sonic the hedgehog sega megadrive game by kicking my
    computer - kicking stuff does do good sometimes ;)
    I was drawing an analogy between raw materials (like ferric oxide and organic molecules) ... and the input of intelligent design required to specify the construction of CFSI-rich things like video tapes and living organisms from these raw materials.
    I never said that iron filings would produce a Human ... but I did say that if you mix iron filings in water and ferric oxide results ... that this can't somehow be taken to show that a videotape of John May in action was 'spontaneously produced' ... and the fact that organic molecules can be spontaneously produced doesn't mean that a human being can be spontaneously produced from these raw materials via purely materialistic processes either!!

No it never was analogous because videotapes are not made by
    stirring iron filings in water they are made by a different process, if
    you combine iron filings, ferric oxide & whatever else make up a videotape
    in the right combination & by the right method you'll get a videotape.
    ... that is the point upon which we disagree ... micro-evolution of pre-existing CFSI genetic diversity is a completely different process to the macro-evolution of the CFSI genetic diversity, in the first place.
    I compared micro-evolution to adjusting a car seat ... and macro-evolution to the manufacture of the car (including its seat and its adjustment mechanism), in the first place.
    They are fundamentally different processes.

Only according to you & creationists they are, to the whole scientific
    community macroevolution is defined as macroevolution, your stupid
    analogies do nothing for anyone except you & creationists & they really
    are getting tiresome.
    Abiogenesis has not been achieved by the applied intelligence of the Human Race ... so why do you think that it could possibly have spontaneously occurred?
    :confused:

Jack Szostak achieved recreating the process of abogenesis in a
    labratory using the materials thought to be around back on the
    early earth around half a billion years after it's formation or so,
    better than that he succeeded in getting what he wanted despite
    what you say so deny the evidence all you want, it doesn't make
    what you say true with respect to reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

There are none so blind as he who will not see!!

Here is it again for you to address ... try looking through your fingers ... that way you can instantly shut your mind off when you get to the bottom where you will be faced with the proof!!

If every cubic millimetre of the supposed 93 billion light year diameter Universe volume had a 'machine' running the permutations for a 100 chain protein once every second, they collectively would only produce 1.56E+107 permutations in the 13.9 billion years supposedly since the Big Bang ... which is an infinitesimal fraction of the 1.27E+130 permutations of amino acids in a 100 chain protein.
    So you can forget about ever producing even one small protein using non-intelligently directed processes ... there is simply not enough time or matter in the universe to do so!!
    Fluffybums wrote: »
    I take it this is to refute abiogenesis. If you remember the post by Sponsoredwalk no.1371 and the wee video with Beethoven's 9th Choral symphony "Ode to Joy" as the musical accompaniment, the chemicals required were present on the earth rather than bombing about randomly in the universe. Your mathematical proof seems to rely on there not being any planets present on which the chemicals are trapped in various phases which therefore increase the likelihood of thermodynamics driving their association.

(I'm guessing things will now move onto the origin of the universe rather the addressing the above point which in itself does not concern evolution)

JC, you asked for us to specifically address your proof that the mechanism proposed for abiogenisis and evolution is incorrect. I looked at your mathematical proof and this is the issue that I have with it. I have asked you to address this a number of times and you have either reiterated the mathematical proof or ignored me.

So once again. :(

THE CHEMICALS REQUIRED FOR ABIOGENISIS WERE NOT BOMBING AROUND IN THE UNIVERSE, THEY WERE ON A PLANET AND IN AN AQUEOUS ENVIRONMENT.[/B]

John J May is on The Panel on RTE ONE right now!!!!

He gave an excellent account of himself, his book and ID ... in the time available to him ... rock on John!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

I tought he came across as a very intelligent man with flawless ideas!!!:rolleyes:

NOT

Possibly the biggest nut job to ever be let on RTÉ?

Damn I was studying there & missed this :( Will this be on the RTE website or anything?
    J C, still waiting for a response to everything I wrote, I see I still haven't convinced you :rolleyes:

Damn I was studying there & missed this :( Will this be on the RTE website or anything?
    J C, still waiting for a response to everything I wrote, I see I still haven't convinced you :rolleyes:
    ... no sooner said than done!!!

Do you finally realise that NS works on the phenotype and not the genotype?
    ... another reason why NS is incapable of generating the CFSI in the genotypes of living organisms!!!
    It just speaks of your lack of education in this area of study, I mean
    everything you've described represents a problem with microevolution,
    your beef is with the concept of microevolution - that is where the
    chance element with respect to genetic variation is involved.
    Why have you been so adamant in complaining about natural selection?
    What is even funnier is that you explicitly wrote that you accept
    microevolution :D:D:D You then moaned that macroevolution is a load
    of baloney :D:D:D Macroevolution is just an accumulation of
    microevolution over time but you don't like that idea so it's baloney :D
    ... 'macroevolution is indeed a load of unsubstantiated baloney without a shred of evidence or logic supporting it.

I'll explain further as to why your uneducated about this subject, natural
    selection works on the phenotype which means the outward
    characteristics - if any microevolution event takes place that benefits
    an organism then the animal is naturally selected for it. An example is
    the peppered moth, mentioned in the link above ;)
    ... the Peppered Moth is just an example of genetic drift within a species within a Created Kind using pre-existing genetic information. All that has happened is that the % of the Moth Population with darker colouration increased within the population when the environment became darker due to smoke damage from industrialisation ... and the population has swung back again recently when the environment has been cleaned up by the Clean Air Acts!!!

None of this provides any evidence that this Moth is ever going to be anything except a Moth!!!

Again, you compare natural selection to evolution as if they are the same
    thing, illustrating your lack of education in this subject. Natural selection
    is one of many mechanisms that make up the over-arching theory of
    evolution. Genetic changes have nothing to do with natural selection as
    you understand it, genetic changes either make life easier for an
    organism or make life harder. If an organism is naturally in a more sunny
    environment then the chances of a cosmic ray or whatever changing
    the genetic make-up of an animal is higher, that is an example of the
    interplay between genetics and natural selection i.e. the environment
    naturally leads to the genes being changed by sunlight.
    There is more to this question to be answered under your next question;
    ... NS and sexual selection are selection mechanisms. The problem faced by proponents of Evolution isn't the selection mechanism (everybody accepts that NS is capable of selection) ... the problem is generating the CFSI upon which NS acts ... and the only way that the CFSI can be generated is by the action of intelligence.

:
    I mean, these have been shown to cause genetic variation & even
    "be unable to successfully mate with each other".
    And what about Darwin's finches? 13 species in that link there...
    Didn't you mention a species barrier earlier? That was evolutionist
    talk my dear fellow...
    ... and they're still Finches ... and the Ground Finches can all interbreed ... so they are just varieties of Finches!!!!!!!
    Equally, Darwin's Finches illustrate rapid speciation in action within Created Kinds ... wahich accounts for the variety of modern organisms that arose from the common ancestors who were on Noah's Ark.
    Proof? Link? How does this bull**** explain the peppered moth mutation?
    How does this craziness explain bacterial genetic resistance?
    How does this craziness explain the technique used in fighting cancer
    where a person will be pumped with drugs to kill bacteria then when they
    have developed immunity & begin to reproduce the person will be taken
    off the drugs - this kills the drug resistant bacteria and the old
    un-protected bacteria re-emerge & reproduce? This is used in prolonging
    a persons life & is directly explained by natural selection, the bacteria
    are naturally selected because their environment (drug filled body)
    caters for the very few genetically "abnormal" viruses that now can
    reproduce. When no drugs were present they were not naturally selected
    & could not become the predominant virus due to this trait.
    ... they are still viruses and bacteria ... and have they been so for up to a billion Evolutionist 'years'!!!!
    Unlike your lies about degrading and a tiny minority:

30% from studies has not "always involved a degrading of the CFSI of the
    organism". Where does that put your claims? Into the lie basket? :pac:
    ... can we not have a difference of scientific opinion without you proving the weakness of your argument by your bullying prejudicial personal remarks???
    The bottom line is that I am still correct that while a mutation may alter a protein and cause it to do something 'unusual' that may have a benefit to the organism ... this only occurs in a tiny minority of cases and it always involved a degradation of the CFSI of the organism.

... and the only reason that only 70 percent of these mutations have damaging effects, is because of the intelligently designed auto-correction systems that ameliorate the effects of mutagenesis and the article says that the 'remainder are either neutral or weakly beneficial' ... which means that the 'unsual' are only a tiny minority just like said!!!

This is a load of waffle I don't understand because I didn't say anything
    like this, oh and by the way I used to get the cheat menu to come
    up in my old sonic the hedgehog sega megadrive game by kicking my
    computer - kicking stuff does do good sometimes ;)
    ... it can do some good ... but it certainly isn't the mechanism that constructed your Sega megadrive in the first place ... and the only reason that the game didn't 'pack in' the first time you kicked is because of the robust built-in systems protecting the game.
    Jack Szostak achieved recreating the process of abogenesis in a
    labratory using the materials thought to be around back on the
    early earth around half a billion years after it's formation or so,
    better than that he succeeded in getting what he wanted despite
    what you say so deny the evidence all you want, it doesn't make
    what you say true with respect to reality.
    A living organism has never been produced in a lab ... despite the applied intelligence of thousands of scientists being harnessed in the attrempt to achieve it ... so why do you think that it could possibly have spontaneously occurred ... using nothing but accumulated mistakes and time?

He gave an excellent account of himself, his book and ID ... in the time available to him ... rock on John!!!:eek:
    BEASTERLY wrote: »
    I tought he came across as a very intelligent man with flawless ideas!!!:rolleyes:

NOT

Possibly the biggest nut job to ever be let on RTÉ?
    We obviously have a divergence of opinion.

... but why do some Evolutionists refer to their opponents as mentally ill?
    ... similar unfounded accusations of mental illness were also made by the technocrats within Russian Communism about their opponents as well !!!

Many opponents of Communism were consigned to psychiatric institutions for 're-education' ... where they were enslaved and worked to death ...
    ... and some Evolutionists now (erroneously) think that the reason why Creationists don't believe that they are a 'Monkey's Cousin' is because of a 'lack of education' ... when many Creation Scientists are amongst the most eminently qualified scientists on Earth!!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

... but why do some Evolutionists refer to their opponents as mentally ill?

If I need to explain that to you then there's plenty of hospices I can recommend.

• Advertisement

J C you still have not answered fluffybums question..:rolleyes: or for that matter any of ghostbusters, sponsoredwalk's.....i mean the list just goes on!
    all you are doing is throwing the same crackpot ideas and that stupid proof that you claim to be true...;) infront of us and then proceed to insert your fingers in your ears!!!!!

now J C you keep referring to these great creationist scientists again and again and you should know that all good scientists must put there theories to the test however may i remind you that you have repeatedly ignored fluffy's observed flaw in the assumptions you made regarding your proof ...... but yet you are continually ignoring him.....
    AND ME....
    AND GHOSTBUSTER .....
    AND SPONSORED........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement