Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chilean Miners thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

How will they decide who comes out first

• Registered Users Posts: 30,074 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I hope there will be a live video feed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

Just heard on the news that the first one out will be the most psychologically stable :o wonder how they assessed that!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP I changed the title so we can have all Chilean Miners chat in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 BotFly

biko wrote: »
    OP I changed the title so we can have all Chilean Miners chat in here.
    Why do you hate freedom?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

If they had just started screaming "Oil!! We've found oil!!!!" they'd have been out months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

BotFly wrote: »
    Why do you hate freedom?
    I don't hate freedom, I hate you.

only messing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

00112984 wrote: »
    If they had just started screaming "Oil!! We've found oil!!!!" they'd have been out months ago.

Or maybe we've found Maddie!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Apparantely one of them forgot to clock in the morning he went down...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

lorweld wrote: »
    Or maybe we've found Maddie!

Her parents wouldn't be happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭uncle-mofo

orourkeda wrote: »

I read it was the fittest lads to come up first, apparently the journey up to the surface is no easy task and they have to make sure it's ok for the lesser off men. Then again, I read that in the Mail on Sunday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Most experienced minors come out first incase of any problems coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I really hope they get out all safe and sound. Usually stuff like this ends in tragedy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

they tossed for it. Quickest go first.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

One miner has some seriously explaining to do to his wife, and apparently 2 lovers. all waiting for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I really hope they get out all safe and sound. Usually stuff like this ends in tragedy...

Love the positive attitude, keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Its ok Galwayrush, I hear the wives were up to a few things themselves!!!

I hope it goes well, was watching a documentary a few weeks ago about how they got out a few American miners from a similar situation, mind you it only took them about a week!!!!

I would not like to do that journey up in full health, never mind any other way!!! 600 meters (correct me if I am mistaken, I have been reading the Mail!) is a long way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

i wouldn't fancy being the last man to come up. It'll be a long hour wait for that capsule to come back down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

Fast-forward to 3 years from now and we sit in the cinema watching the Hollywood movie - just about now, about to be rescued, Clooney hugs previous bitter rival Christian Bale and says "I love you man."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

galwayrush wrote: »
    One miner has some seriously explaining to do to his wife, and apparently 2 lovers. all waiting for him.

Last I heard he was digging a hole in the other direction :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

RTE1 newsreader just said Chilean miners "are enjoying their last few hours of captivity"

what a totally crap use of english - brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Dj

Live coverage on the RTE website of the rescue

http://www.rte.ie/live/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

winston82 wrote: »
    i wouldn't fancy being the last man to come up. It'll be a long hour wait for that capsule to come back down.

Last man up will be one of the paramedics or other engineers that they send down first.

First man up is apparently going to be Florencio Avalos who has been the cameraman for them down the mine, his brother is also down there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

When are they due to be lifted, lost tv reception so no news on here in a few days?

Sincerely would hate to be down there when they are telling the first fella to get in, you know a few are going to want to rush in!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Think they will be sending more people down the hole any time soon, they have been saying they will have at least one miner, that Florencio Avalos chap, on the surface today. Although that is today Chilean time, but I expect they are planning for primetime evening news slots. The time keeps on being brought earlier though during the day today. They were saying 3am GMT tomorrow, then midnight, now sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

They'd better be back to work Monday, feckin slackers. Not one piece of coal in weeks, don't they know there is a recession on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I think it was a copper mine.

Apparently the paramedics are already down the mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Damn! Thread already exists on this topic, second time this month that I made this mistake. Silly me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭jerry2623

Watching this live now .There president spoke for about 20 minutes.I think they are more interested in the PR then getting the poor guys to the surface.
    The Chileans have one of the worst mining safety records in the world.
    Still it is amazing to watch

Advertisement