Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone used Autoscan for a service?

Options

Comments

Hi, welcome along and thanks for the info :) I would really remove this bit from the site "unlike traditional garages we go to the root cause of the problems................" it doesn't at all sound well, sort of the rest of them are clowns but we are not message, not the way to go really.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭STForSale

See, even if it's a special one off price, they still won't do it at a loss, they won't be doing it to break even, they'll be doing it to make some sort of profit, so they must be using the cheapest of the cheap oil.

Where do you get off talking is such matter of fact terms about a company you obviously know nothing about?

I'm sure one man bands would find it hard to operate at cost or even below cost prices but larger companies with a bit or working capital will often do promotions like this as they see long term benefits.

Did people who bought hotel deals recently have to sleep in the lobby or cook their own breakfast?

See it for what it is, a promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

jesus h. christ folks...the negative comments (unfounded:rolleyes:) about this company are outrageous.

wait till we get feedback from someone who's gotten an actual service off them.

autoscan wrote: »
    About oil what we are using, it is middle class engine oil made in Germany GM.

What make is it ? Do ye stock all viscosities of it ?

RoverJames wrote: »
    What make is it ? Do ye stock all viscosities of it ?

if its the best on the market,will you be satisfied?would you go to them if they were making a loss on it??
    i think the lady said it was a spread the word offer??

i mean if my car was a 3.0l BMW ,i wouldn't be goung there anyway,the cost is irrelevant,but thats just me personally.-there's only 2 garages i'd go to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 no-it-all

Cheers BlueWolf,

It would be great to get some educated feedback on this. If this is a genuine promotion by a new company then they deserve for all this negativity to be corrected. However if is is dodgy then people should know.

Thanks again!

thebullkf wrote: »
    if its the best on the market,will you be satisfied?would you go to them if they were making a loss on it??
    i think the lady said it was a spread the word offer??

i mean if my car was a 3.0l BMW ,i wouldn't be goung there anyway,the cost is irrelevant,but thats just me personally.-there's only 2 garages i'd go to.

I'm just wondering do they put the correct viscosity oil in each car or just lash in 10w40 to every car as I KNOW some garages do that and they reckon it is fine. The lady has already stated it is not the best on the market. Why wouldn't you bring your car there ? Surely that's a bit negative of you to say, no ?

no-it-all wrote: »
    Cheers BlueWolf,

It would be great to get some educated feedback on this. If this is a genuine promotion by a new company then they deserve for all this negativity to be corrected. However if is is dodgy then people should know.

Thanks again!

Weren't you the one going on about alarm bells ?
    but I dont think i will use it - too many alarm bells have since rang in my ears. You know what they say,if it sounds too good to be true...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

STForSale wrote: »
    Where do you get off talking is such matter of fact terms about a company you obviously know nothing about?

Chill the feck down. It's an internet forum, not someone raping your first born. I 'get off' making such comments by being in the trade for a long time, and like any owner of any car, by buying oil often. If the service is 50 odd Euro, even at trade price an oil filter could be between 5-10 euro, more sometimes. That leaves 40 to make a profit, and supply oil. I'd wager the 4 litres of so of oil is costing 20/25 Euro, which means it won't be the may west.

I know a place in Cork doing 99 Euro services, and the oil they're using I wouldn't put in a lawnmower.

Autoscan, fair play for coming onto the forum and saying hello. I genuinely mean that. And if you are using proper low SAPS oils with suitable grades for various engine needs, then I apologise. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm just wondering do they put the correct viscosity oil in each car or just lash in 10w40 to every car as I KNOW some garages do that and they reckon it is fine. The lady has already stated it is not the best on the market. Why wouldn't you bring your car there ? Surely that's a bit negative of you to say, no ?

i said i wouldn't go there if my car was a 3.0l BMW.
    i'd go to a BMW dealer to keep up service history,failing that i'd go to a mechanic i recommended on boards before.

what garages do that?--name and shame thats a disgrace and precisely why i only use the other.previously recommended garage.

• Advertisement

Chill the feck down. It's an internet forum, not someone raping your first born. I 'get off' making such comments by being in the trade for a long time, and like any owner of any car, by buying oil often. If the service is 50 odd Euro, even at trade price an oil filter could be between 5-10 euro, more sometimes. That leaves 40 to make a profit, and supply oil. I'd wager the 4 litres of so of oil is costing 20/25 Euro, which means it won't be the may west.

I know a place in Cork doing 99 Euro services, and the oil they're using I wouldn't put in a lawnmower.

Autoscan, fair play for coming onto the forum and saying hello. I genuinely mean that. And if you are using proper low SAPS oils with suitable grades for various engine needs, then I apologise. I hope I'm wrong.

yeah but its an introductory offer..... non profit making she said so herself.

what's the story with that garage in cork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 no-it-all

Weren't you the one going on about alarm bells ?

Roverjames,whats your point?Yes I did say that I didnt want to get the service because alarm bells were ringing,and i also said that I would love to be wrong which is why I came on here to find out. If the offer turns out to be genuine then it will be good to clear it up for bouth my own sake and for Autoscans.

However I have no idea why your even on this forum as you have contributed nothing except from negative remarks,you were the first to reply to the thread saying the website makes them look like knobs - well theres a very helpful educated remark which ironically makes you look like a knob!So take your pointless comments and ramblings about Cork garages to a forum that might give a sh1te.

I came on here to get educated feedback on Autoscans service,something that Bluewolf has said he will give. So that makes my effort worthwhile. You came on here to be a pr1ck and wind people up,and I suppose you must be happy with your achievemnts too.

However I have no idea why your even on this forum as you have contributed nothing except from negative remarks,..............You came on here to be a pr1ck and wind people up,and I suppose you must be happy with your achievemnts too.

I agree, I've never helped anyone out with advice on boards.ie, no one has ever pm'd me either asking for advice. Shame on me. :pac: :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Relative kindly brought it up for me while I was at work. 2 of the mechs spent an hour on it, he watched them, told them it might be sounding a bit dodgy and they went out for a quick spin about with him to make sure it was ok afterwards. Car in great condition apparently xD
    Haven't driven it myself yet to check but seems to have been a good job.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful I know it doesn't sound much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Which place is that? Used Autofast in Ballincollig for my previous car and they used the correct 10w40 semi. The brand was Shell Helix which is a perfectly adequate 10W40.

gpf101 wrote: »
    Which place is that? Used Autofast in Ballincollig for my previous car and they used the correct 10w40 semi. The brand was Shell Helix which is a perfectly adequate 10W40.

that question has been asked....and answered :rolleyes:

Less of the smiley faces and sarcasm please, I have to make a living in the trade in Cork, and am not about to go bad mouthing a local business on a public internet forum who could do the same to me just as easily.

I am still waiting on you to answer a question I asked earlier in this thread !
    that question has been asked....and answered :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

no-it-all banned for 3 days for personal abuse. Less of that shìte when you get back please.

Fair enough but if you know a place is using crappy oil then I don't see why you wouldn't say it. It's very easy to come on here a say that a random place that you can't name uses crappy oil as a way to support your argument.

What oil wouldn't you use in a lawnmore anyway?! The vast majority of semi-synthetic 10w40 oils are perfect.

• Advertisement

Less of the smiley faces and sarcasm please, I have to make a living in the trade in Cork, and am not about to go bad mouthing a local business on a public internet forum who could do the same to me just as easily.

so you make unfounded remarks about unknown garages..very professional.

gpf101 wrote: »
    It's very easy to come on here a say that a random place that you can't name uses crappy oil as a way to support your argument.

I suppose if you have a suspicious mind, then yes, you could come to that conclusion.

so you make unfounded remarks about unknown garages..very professional.

Well, yes, I would think it is professional not to potentially risk hurting my own business.

Despite both of you wanting to bully me into answering your questions, I am not under any circumstances going to. Get over it, move on.

Well, yes, I would think it is professional not to potentially risk hurting my own business. .....

Despite both of you wanting to bully me into answering your questions, I am not under any circumstances going to. Get over it, move on.

eh... wtf??

you deride a certain garage then refuse to name it.

tbh i don't care- i live in Dubland.i just find it interesting that you'd be quick to be skeptical about a boards.ie offer with no prior knowledge of said garage.
    yet you know for a fact that a certain garage uses oil you
    wouldn't put in a lawnmower

thats all.

I'm not trying to bully you into answering anything, I'd always ask what oil is being used before a service anyway. At the moment VW main dealers do a fully synthetic oil/filter for €119 so that's what I do every 6k or so.

But at the same time if Autoscan was a new business looking to drum up a bit of interest it's not the worst idea to do a few services breaking even / making a small profit just to try and kick start it.

I still reckon you'd get a very good quality 10W40 semi for €4 a litre trade price. For speciality oils obviously not.

you deride a certain garage then refuse to name it.

By not naming it, I didn't deride anyone. Clever eh? :pac:

Well, yes, I would think it is professional not to potentially risk hurting my own business.

are your posts being edited????.....

this is the post that was sent to my email address....

Well, yes, I would think it is professional not to either cost someone else business in this economic climate, and to potentially risk hurting my own business as a result.

Despite both of you wanting to bully me into answering your questions, I am not under any circumstances going to. Get over it, move on

whichone did you post? the first or second....and who's editing??

By not naming it, I didn't deride anyone. Clever eh? :pac:
    :cool:;)

are your posts being edited????.

I'm editing them. You can edit your own posts. See the edit button up there? Thats what it does.

• Advertisement

I'm editing them. You can edit your own posts. See the edit button up there? Thats what it does.

i know but after you edit them, it comes up within the post that it has in fact,been edited.

yours didn't.

i was just curious.....;)

Advertisement