Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After the Run on the Banks - Paddy will finally take to the Streets

Options
  • 07-10-2010 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

A lot of people on internet discussion forums ask "when are Irish people going to start protesting?" about the current economic situation.

I've finally worked it out.

The mass protests that we've never seen happen, will probably occur when the average Paddy finally discovers his bank account is going to get cleaned out. A silent (and unreported) run has already started by those "in the know". But, when Average Paddy finally discovers that a bankrupt country's so-called "bank guarantee" is not worth a gypsy's curse, when he discovers the EU or the IMF will not bail out his personal savings, he will rise from his Twitter and wide-screen plasma and finally hit the streets. Two Years and five months too late.

We will see protests then, and lots of them. But this time it won't be the usual suspects protesting the participants will be people who never protested in their lives, ever. But it will be too little, too late.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

It will take bankruptcy, homelessness and starvation.

IT ALREADY IS TOO LATE

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Sure I keep me money in me sock drawer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

jetsonx wrote: »
    A silent (and unreported) run has already started by those "in the know".

Where are you getting this information from?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Lets not let rhetoric without facts to back it up make us all run screaming to the nearest ATM. Strikes me as a rather pointless exercise in rabble rousing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement