Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Lennon Killer Up For Parole

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

The butterfly effect would beg to differ

The butterfly effect is a metaphor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Columbia wrote: »
    He's done his time? So I'm entitled to go out and murder anyone I want, so long as I'm willing to spend 29 years in jail? And when I get out I've repaid my debt to society, have I?

It has nothing to do with John Lennon. If he'd murdered a hiv-ridden hobo I'd still let him rot in that cell for the rest of his life.

That's for a discussion on the concept of finite prison sentences.

Which is not the discussion I'm taking part in here.

Chapman has served in excess of the normal incarceration for murder and therefore should be considered for parole like any other prisoner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Yoko Ono asked he be denied parole? That's not quite the peace and love Lennon stood for, is it? B*tch broke up the Beatles.....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

John Hinckley is a far bigger fruit cake.. and he's out and about, more or less.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hinckley,_Jr.

First person I think of after Chapman pops up for discussion, very similar obsessives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

dan719 wrote: »
    B*tch broke up the Beatles.....:mad:

Makes her aces in my book!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

If he killed an ordinary bloke he would have been out years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

ejmaztec wrote: »
    They should let him out and see how long he lasts. I'd say three minutes max.

That's what i was thinking. For his own safety he's better off behind bars,he'll have a load of Lennon-loving fruitcakes out for his head if he ever gets released.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

lord lucan wrote: »
    That's what i was thinking. For his own safety he's better off behind bars,he'll have a load of Lennon-loving fruitcakes out for his head if he ever gets released.

One of these being Yoko Ono with a Samurai sword.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭yrwhu8jxtni06a

dan719 wrote: »
    Yoko Ono asked he be denied parole? That's not quite the peace and love Lennon stood for, is it? B*tch broke up the Beatles.....:mad:

Shes bit odd,she had a tour once where you could take a look at lennons bloodstained clothes,she also has alot of influence,if you belive the "offical stories" by ono and the estate,they where a peace loving family which was far from the truth,the lennon's personal assitant fred seaman wrote an excellent book about his time he spent with the lennons,it broke the bullcrap that they where happy family infact quiet the opposite,of course the lawyers where sent out and the book is now out of print,another excellent book is "nowhere man,the final days of john lennon",its based on the stolen diary's seaman had,the author was legally barred from reproducing the diarys so had to reword and gather info from sources and interviews.

It was also on lennons naivety of new york of all places to go around with no bodyguards when infact their whereabouts where well known,apparently they fired the bodyguards week before his death,even they the last photos of lennon where infact taken by another crazed fan*often pestered lennon for a photo*,chapman has done his time and i agree with the rest that most likely the ageing hippies are only ones would more likely kill him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

stovelid wrote: »
    therefore should be considered for parole

He is being considered for parole (for the 6th time).
    Hense, the parole interview!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Terry wrote: »
    The poll needs an "I couldn't give a flying **** if he's released or not, as it will have no bearing on my life" option.

Well that one is sorta covered by the invisable but still pretty obvious "If you don't give a flying ****, you won't be opening this thread in the first place will you" option!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Did Padraic Nally show any remorse after being convicted of manslaughter of john ward ? Yet the public were up in arms for his release .

I'd say he was very remorseful that he wasn't a better shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭RockinRolla

Murder is murder.

He shouldn't be let out and the people vying for that are animals. This man has committed a terrible act of violence which resulted in the death of another human being. Now, I agree, it shouldn't be any more stiff because of the victims popularity but everyone who's jailed for murder deserves to rot in prison for life.

If Chapman gets out, I doubt his life will be worth living somehow. I'll give him four months before he's killed by some other psycho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

and the people vying for that are animals. .

How Socratic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Murder is murder.

He shouldn't be let out and the people vying for that are animals. This man has committed a terrible act of violence which resulted in the death of another human being. Now, I agree, it shouldn't be any more stiff because of the victims popularity but everyone who's jailed for murder deserves to rot in prison for life.

If Chapman gets out, I doubt his life will be worth living somehow. I'll give him four months before he's killed by some other psycho.

Boards is such a confusing place, in one thread, calling for any kind of harsh punishment is being an animal, in another calling for any kind of forgiveness is being an animal.

Average sentence served in the states for murder is, i believe, about 22.5 years....so, the guy has served more, most likely because his victim was famous. So it would appear he is getting rougher treatment that the systematic norm because of the fame of his victim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

How on earth is this poll staying so evenly balanced..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

SV wrote: »

Believe you us, it has not been easy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Imagine he was still a credible threat to society. It's easy if you try. There's no realistic way of keeping tabs on him. The funds for that kind of surveillance have run completely dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

SV wrote: »

It is the Law of After Hours;

For every one sane, balanced & reasonable person in AH, there is an equal but opposite person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

Boards is such a confusing place, in one thread, calling for any kind of harsh punishment is being an animal, in another calling for any kind of forgiveness is being an animal.

Internet forums are full of hypocrites, but that's OK you'll get used to that soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

lord lucan wrote: »

+1

He is serving 20 years, which lapsed in 2000. I reckon he will be shot if he gets out. There are a LOT of Beatle fans out there, and it only takes one whackballl. As is the case with Chapman.

Leave him in till he dies I say, otherwise someone else will end up doing a stretch for offing Chapman !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Saganist wrote: »
    +1

He is serving 20 years, which lapsed in 2000. I reckon he will be shot if he gets out. There are a LOT of Beatle fans out there, and it only takes one whackballl. As is the case with Chapman.

Leave him in till he dies I say, otherwise someone else will end up doing a stretch for offing Chapman !

And therefore in the process become know as the man ,who shot the man , who shot the Beatle, making it into Beatle folklore history .....for ever .

That's a big attraction to a lot of whackballs out there .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

If he gets out, the tv networks will be fighting to get him on an "Ultimate X Factor-Big Brother-Survivor-Dancing on ice" programme.

...but with any luck, he'll still be banged up when he's 64, da da da da da.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Give him McCartney's address.

And Yoko's, even though I searched this thread and a few others said it, but f&ck it say it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

people like mark chapman should only leave prison IN A BOX

dig out the email for the parole board and lets ask for him to stay in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

In a box ?? Are you suggesting he escape in the post? That would never work..... would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Laois_Man wrote:
    I believe Chapman to this day still does not show any regret for killing Lennon!
    No and why wasnt he given the same treatment he gave John??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Well he didn't get parole. Guess he tries again in 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I await another thread in 2012 then. I voted to release him.

30 years is a long time, although his sentence was 20 to life and he has served the minimum, Id expect him to serve the full life sentence.

Advertisement